Trent Bridge Test, 2011 : Day by day prediction and discussion

zen

Trent Bridge Test, 2011 : Day by day prediction and discussion  

1. 1.

• India
    • England

I think at least 450. Pitch is flat and Ind has legendary batsmen' date=' especially when [b']Sachin is looking for his 100th 100.
That's good thing for england, because sachin slows down significantly near such milestones. I hope he reaches it today, though I'm not optimistic about it happening

"Lack of Stroke Players" is the reason why our Batting is yet to fire in this series! Unfortunately Other than VVS , No one has been in scoring form for us who is a stroke player and scores quickly. Absence of Sehwag and Gambhir is Huge from the top of the Order. Tendulkar being out of the scoring form inst helping our cause too. We all saw when Yuvraj was at the crease he was scoring runs quickly and there was a point when it looked like we can score in excess of 350. Pietersen's Innings, Prior's hundred in the first test, Now again Pietersen and Bell batting the way they are i.e. scoring runs quickly . If we are to salvage some pride in the series we have to bat better, and Players who scores quickly have to fire. Just hope Dhoni gets back into form ASAP with Tendulkar.

The way the match is going atm, just about any target is out of our reach now. The only positive we can possibly glean from this is that there seems to be a LOT for the batsmen. Unless our top order slugs it out to even attempt a draw and doesn't solely bank on Dravid yet again, a whitewash wouldn't be out of the question. All thanks to a wonderful opportunity gone waste yesterday. This is a third class attempt at staging a fightback.