F'king Disgusting

EnterTheVoid

Yes it does matter because the Tata's do a good deal of charity work and Iam certain they feed far more than 200 kids. Spending $2 Bill on a freaking house is soo retarded and disgusting on so many levels. Too bad you don't understand it given that the Hindu value system (and generally all Eastern cultures ) strongly urge us to live a simple life. Even Bill Gates and Warren Buffet have modest life styles and their philanthropy is simply astounding.
absolutely. To add to this, if a billionaire from a developed country spends that much on his house, its not much of an issue of values since his countrymen have comfortable living standards, but in india where so many people are deprived of basic necessities , you build a 27 storey 9000cr. house for a family of 4-5 , it does look disgusting.

^^..and that typically doesn't mean crore rupees in liquid..it's house worth + bank balance. Shane must be talking abt ppl lving north of hajiali, starting from Peddar Road I spent half a semester at Bryant Univ back in 97, I had 17 Indian freinds there, and all within a span of 5 kms in Mumbai, closing in altamount road ( all gujjus and sindhis ). Not a single one drove anything less than a miata Around 1990, I had gone to sophiyas ( girls college - typically associated with snob creme de la creme ) for a seminar, there were these guys with convertible beetles, tie-dye painted gypsy..I was like, is this bombay?

^^..and that typically doesn't mean crore rupees in liquid..it's house worth + bank balance. Shane must be talking abt ppl lving north of hajiali, starting from Peddar Road
True. The total evaluation of the individual. South from Lower Parel, Andheri these days. Side note : I have noticed one thing on this forum, once a Mumbaikar, always a Mumbaikar :D Talking to members like bob, rajiv, holysmoke who have been in impure land for a considerable amount of time, its still very easy to relate to them as fellow Bombay Boys.

Yes it does matter because the Tata's do a good deal of charity work and Iam certain they feed far more than 200 kids. Spending $2 Bill on a freaking house is soo retarded and disgusting on so many levels. Too bad you don't understand it given that the Hindu value system (and generally all Eastern cultures ) strongly urge us to live a simple life. Even Bill Gates and Warren Buffet have modest life styles and their philanthropy is simply astounding.
Thats being quite judgmental. Wonder what you have to say about sports stars, like say Sachin Tendulkar who has a fleet of luxury cars when in reality he could do with just 1 Santro. Given his dimensions, his legs also wouldn't be cramped even in a Santro. Last I read, he owns some 12 odd cars. Do you find that retarded and disgusting on so many levels? Too bad Tendulkar doesn't understand it given that the Hindu value system ( and generally all Eastern cultures) strongly urge us to live a simple life.

What have you done for your country in comparision to SRT that gives you the bragging rights to post something like this :headshake:
Go ask BossBhai and the others that question, who are passing a verdict over what other people should be doing with their money. I was highlighting the stupidity of their arguement. That was meant to be sarcastic. For me, Tendulkar's stock doesn't take a hit because of the car he drives or the home he lives in. PS: According to BossBhai's logic, you are a disgrace. How dare you drive a BMW when millions of your country men live in abject poverty. Shame on you. :P

Thats being quite judgmental. Wonder what you have to say about sports stars, like say Sachin Tendulkar who has a fleet of luxury cars when in reality he could do with just 1 Santro. Given his dimensions, his legs also wouldn't be cramped even in a Santro. Last I read, he owns some 12 odd cars. Do you find that retarded and disgusting on so many levels? Too bad Tendulkar doesn't understand it given that the Hindu value system ( and generally all Eastern cultures) strongly urge us to live a simple life.
Forget about Hindu value system, but if Ambanis are brought under the scanner so must Tendulkar be. It is only fair.

Is this real? :hmmm: It seems Mumbai is located in different part of the world and not in my country :nervous:
There are many Mumbai's that exist in Mumbai. A rich Mumbai, a middle-class Mumbai, a humble working class Mumbai, a Mumbai with rich slumdwellers and a Mumbai with poor bungalow owners.

There are many Mumbai's that exist in Mumbai. A rich Mumbai' date= a middle-class Mumbai, a humble working class Mumbai, a Mumbai with rich slumdwellers and a Mumbai with poor bungalow owners.
That is so true. And lets not forget the outright poor people without a slum or bungalow without any food, clothing or shelter, and there are plenty of them. You can't miss it wherever you go.

I haven't done much...that's why I keep my mouth shut..and so should you' date=' since I don't live in India anymore..still, I'll never mock at any cricket player from back home for whatever reason.[/quote'] :cantstop: According to you its not ok to mock a cricketer, but its ok to mock an industrialist and pass a verdict on his lifestyle? That's what your spiritual guru BossBhai has done here. Ask him also to shut up and at least you'll be consistent. Otherwise you are just a hypocrite.