F'king Disgusting

EnterTheVoid

Please take time to develop comprehension skills. The operative word here is "was". The scenario is not as of today but that of 80s and earlier. Unless of course you were travelling around in that era as well.
Was, is .. whatever. At present, of all the Indian cities, only Mumbai can be realistically compared to those places. Even than, its pretty average.

^^ most of the comparison seem superficial. Its pretty common to say, you know Mumbai is like NY just its not the capital and is the financial hub. Although I find it pretty gay, they termed vancouver as a sister city to some place in china? WTF is a sister city

It is plain disgusting' date=' not the fact that there are slums but its like the airport was built between slums. I ususally land there is the afternoon and it is quite a sight. There was this British lady next to me once and she was going bonkers taking videos of poor India :facepalm:[/quote'] You've got the sequence wrong. The airport was there from before. The slums came around the airport much later.

Thats not Hindi influence but a Marathi influence.Pune was the seat of the Peshwai (Prime Ministers) in the Maratha Confederacy. The only difference is that the "L" in Putla is pronounced as "zh" as in Tamizh.
Pune has a very large student crowd, from all over India and also from other countries. The Hindi in Pune, or Puneri Hindi is really :haha:. Its a mix of shuddh Marathi and make do Hindi. Quite a few of my friends stay in Pune and I frequently come across phrases like " tumko khaaneko kya paije" " Silk Route jaane ke liye yeh raasta gheun saral jao aur daavi kade mudo "

Pune used to be great learning centre, but it's somewhat lost that sheen. It's still stuck in some sort of time warp and large parts of it are still reminiscent of a one horse town to date :cantstop: Too slow paced for my liking, thanks mostly to their afternoon siestas. Not much has changed since when I studied there, except that it's become far more crowded, the traffic is s**tty, and their rickshaw wallahs have become even worse. But I've never come across Puneri Hindi like that ^

Pune used to be great learning centre, but it's somewhat lost that sheen. It's still stuck in some sort of time warp and large parts of it are still reminiscent of a one horse town to date :cantstop: Too slow paced for my liking, thanks mostly to their afternoon siestas. Not much has changed since when I studied there, except that their rickshaw wallahs have become even worse. But I've never come across Puneri Hindi like that ^
Slow paced? Afternoon siestas? Maybe in Aptewadi. :P I would beg to differ. Pune is almost as good as a metro now. Many IT firms have shifted their offices to Pune. Maharashtra's main industrial ( agro, auto and cement) belt lies in the Kothrud-Chakan area. Property rates are higher in Pune than in Kolkata or Chennai. The city is on the ascent. Pune's got a pretty good night life too. Try asking for directions to the Puneris in Hindi. You'll be amazed. :D

Where have you put up when you've gone to Pune? I keep visiting family and others on and off there and can safely say areas like Deccan/Prabhat Road, Aundh and Pashan are our very own Indian versions of Sleepy Hollow 2.0. Salunke Vihar, Camp/M.G. Road, and Bun d Garden are relatively better. A huge majority of shops shut down in the afternoons as well, sometime between 1-4 or thereabouts. Pothoba vithoba karoon zopaila pahije na?

Where have you put up when you've gone to Pune? I keep visiting family and others on and off there and can safely say areas like Deccan/Prabhat Road, Aundh and Pashan are our very own Indian versions of Sleepy Hollow 2.0. Salunke Vihar, Camp/M.G. Road, and Bun d Garden are relatively better. A huge majority of shops shut down in the afternoons as well, sometime between 1-4 or thereabouts.
Mainly Anand Park (in Aundh) and sometimes in KP. Anand Park is a quiet locality, but then again most residential localities are quiet. But come to the Parihar chowk part of Aundh and its bustling even at 11 pm.
Pothoba vithoba karoon zopaila pahije na?
Lost you there. :((

putla is not for statues.. putla = stuffed dummies.. like the ones you burn on dussera.....'बुत' would be better word...kya बुत baney hue khada hai...(standing like a statue) but since putla it is not for statues - it does look funny/cool to say so :)
I've never come across people calling statues as putlas either. :confused: I too either use बुत ( boott) or मूरत् (moorat) . Somehow saying 'Raja Shivaji ke putle ke neeche' sounds funny :D

Had you been in my college, you would have been ragged mercilessly for wearing yellow jeans. Luckily you did engineering. That species doesn't have much of a fashion sense, I hear. :P
I used to wear Zebra Pants and people used to shout "Zebra Crossing!!", when I walked by them. I used to shake my tush at my fans. (yes engineer)