Test #1: UPA Vs Team Anna, New Delhi, August 16, 2011

asterix

Test #1: UPA Vs Team Anna, New Delhi, August 16, 2011  

1. 1.

• The Government
    • Team Anna

How many people here have actually read the JLB? I'd made posts in this thread questioning the critique of some folks against the JLB, but I took the time out to read the entire thing and realized that Anna's draft is far from perfect. Aruna Roy has rasied some pretty good points about the JLB, and I think everyone should give her a ear when they have the time to do so.

^ What's preventing Aruna Roy in discussing those points wth Team Anna? Do they need a formal invitation? Where was she and here collegue in past 6 months? Does she fears that Sonia Maino will kick her out from the NAC (thus stopping here perks and salary) the moment she joins hands with Team Anna or discusses thee issues with them? Is there a competition between various Citizen groups for one-upmaship on this issue. If this group lead by Aruna Roy has some proposals, then be the countries guest.. The country can only hope that they don't act like Congress paid organisations (because they get their salaries through NAC) and do something on the issue of corruption.

@asterix: Aruna Roy and the NCPRI have already drafted their own version of the Lokpal Bill. Arvind Kejriwal has gone on record to say that the JLB was drafted after 'contributions' from hundreds from the civil society, NGO, and other fields. Despite that, you have a JLB that is seriously draconian in at least a few aspects, if not all. Add to that their stance when it comes to debating the JLB; it's either their way or the highway.

http://www.thehindu.com/opinion/lead/article2379704.ece?homepage=true An editorial by Arundhati Roy on this issue, some valid points I agree with but lot of conspiracy theories pulling through as well.
Arundhati Roy is completely cuckoo and an attention w**re, but on this issue, I agree with her. Even then, her presence in the anti-JLB league has now somewhat comprised on the little credibility anti-JLB folks had thus far. As for those conspiracy theories- they are actually true. For one, the Magsaysay Award in itself has strong ties to the Rockefeller Foundation. (ironic really, considering Aruna Roy, who's opposing Anna, is a Magsaysay awardee) It's no secret. There's a danger of having 'phoren' awardees and laureates on an all-pervasive monitoring authority like the Lokpal Committee. All too many NGOs in this country have dubious backgrounds when it comes to their finances and 'donations'. This had been my main concern even before I'd read the JLB.

Supporting the cause of Anna Hazare-led civil society for a stronger Lokpal Bill, a final year Bachelor of Technology (B. Tech) student of Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kharagpur has refused to accept his degree from Prime Minister Manmohan Singh :haha: The student has announced that he would not accept the degree from the prime minister, who is scheduled to attend the graduation ceremony being held on Monday as the chief guest. The student has been urging his batchmates to join the protest. The situation could become embarrassing for the prime minister if more students join in the protest. http://indiatoday.intoday.in/site/story/anna-hazare-supporter-iit-kaharagpur-student-refuses-to-accept-degree-from-pm/1/148791.html Hope the gundas of Kangress don't beat up students like these ..

@asterix: Aruna Roy and the NCPRI have already drafted their own version of the Lokpal Bill. Arvind Kejriwal has gone on record to say that the JLB was drafted after 'contributions' from hundreds from the civil society, NGO, and other fields. Despite that, you have a JLB that is seriously draconian in at least a few aspects, if not all. Add to that their stance when it comes to debating the JLB; it's either their way or the highway. Arundhati Roy is completely cuckoo and an attention w**re, but on this issue, I agree with her. Even then, her presence in the anti-JLB league has now somewhat comprised on the little credibility anti-JLB folks had thus far. As for those conspiracy theories- they are actually true. For one, the Magsaysay Award in itself has strong ties to the Rockefeller Foundation. (ironic really, considering Aruna Roy, who's opposing Anna, is a Magsaysay awardee) It's no secret. There's a danger of having 'phoren' awardees and laureates on an all-pervasive monitoring authority like the Lokpal Committee. All too many NGOs in this country have dubious backgrounds when it comes to their finances and 'donations'. This had been my main concern even before I'd read the JLB.
I actually on that aspect of JLB - that it must comprise of Nobel Laurettes and Magasysay Award Winners...Boss, Indians are some of the best chanakyas in the world...how long before an Indian agency that can guarantee an applicant Nobel Prizes and Magsaysay Awards, comes up? We can issue all kindsa certificates...what is an NP or MA, just another bloody certificate! The whole concept of introducing legitimacy of an individual through some kinda certification/recognition/award is too narrow minded and is open for total manipulation. Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi will get Nobel Peace Prize and Magsaysay Award by the end of the year and these two will be part of the JLB Committee...great! That was one of the most stupidest proposals of the JLB, no doubt. But there are quite a few good aspects of the JLB as well. Accepting JLB as is may not be the answer. Surely there needs to be some more thought into accepting a bill. There's no need for an absolute middle path, either. We could accept about 80% (out of the hat number) of the JLB and remove such stupid credential requirements from it. Even that will do. But the main thing is that we need a bill to be passed in the next few months. We've waited long enough.

The whole concept of introducing legitimacy of an individual through some kinda certification/recognition/award is too narrow minded and is open for total manipulation. Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi will get Nobel Peace Prize and Magsaysay Award by the end of the year and these two will be part of the JLB Committee...great!
Interesting that you brought up the Gandhi family in this context. For one, how many people know that Alfred Nobel himself was the founder owner of Bofors? Add to that the fact that the Nobel family was highly infamous for exploiting oil reserves in Baku, Azerbaijan, in the 19th century before the Rothschilds took over and gained complete monopoly on that front. There again, you have a wee connection. Amartya Sen's second wife is Emma Rothschild. Who on Earth is to say that there can be no outside influence whatsoever when people like Amartya Sen are elected to sit on the Lokpal Selection Committee (which can be highly probable)? Naysayers would gleefully say these are the ramblings of conspiracy lunatics, but it only takes an iota of common sense to see there's a link everywhere you look! Obama getting the Nobel Peace Prize :cantstop: was only sheer testament of the fact that the selection process for such 'notable' international awards is seriously skewed, manipulated, and conducted on the basis on current global political environments. The same also goes for the Magsaysay Awards. What's most noteworthy though, imo, is this bit of Arundhati's revelation: The campaign is being handled by people who run a clutch of generously funded NGOs whose donors include Coca-Cola and the Lehman Brothers. Kabir, run by Arvind Kejriwal and Manish Sisodia, key figures in Team Anna, has received $400,000 from the Ford Foundation in the last three years. Makes one think. I support Anna completely, but I do not support this particular aspect of the JLB. Once this 'mandatory' clause is hopefully removed from the draft, as well as the provision that states the Lokpal shall supersede all judiciary, I'll have reason to be far less cynical and critical.

^What is more disturbing Mariyam, is that the mainstream "muted" on this entire list which have been recieved from different sources including one from wikileaks for some time now. Now, knowing our media, I know it is not because of the veracity of the sources considering the low standards they set in that regard. Which somehow leaves only one logical conclusion.

I do not understand why is there so much excitement around this issue. Especially when after 26/11, where a visibly bigger incident happened compared to corruption, still after 3 years, we are no where despite 26/11 being a clear cut case. How can one expect decisions and followed to be made when the fight against corruption contains more ambiguity and politics

Interesting that you brought up the Gandhi family in this context. For one, how many people know that Alfred Nobel himself was the founder owner of Bofors? Add to that the fact that the Nobel family was highly infamous for exploiting oil reserves in Baku, Azerbaijan, in the 19th century before the Rothschilds took over and gained complete monopoly on that front. There again, you have a wee connection. Amartya Sen's second wife is Emma Rothschild. Who on Earth is to say that there can be no outside influence whatsoever when people like Amartya Sen are elected to sit on the Lokpal Selection Committee (which can be highly probable)? Naysayers would gleefully say these are the ramblings of conspiracy lunatics, but it only takes an iota of common sense to see there's a link everywhere you look! Obama getting the Nobel Peace Prize :cantstop: was only sheer testament of the fact that the selection process for such 'notable' international awards is seriously skewed, manipulated, and conducted on the basis on current global political environments. The same also goes for the Magsaysay Awards. What's most noteworthy though, imo, is this bit of Arundhati's revelation: The campaign is being handled by people who run a clutch of generously funded NGOs whose donors include Coca-Cola and the Lehman Brothers. Kabir, run by Arvind Kejriwal and Manish Sisodia, key figures in Team Anna, has received $400,000 from the Ford Foundation in the last three years. Makes one think. I support Anna completely, but I do not support this particular aspect of the JLB. Once this 'mandatory' clause is hopefully removed from the draft, as well as the provision that states the Lokpal shall supersede all judiciary, I'll have reason to be far less cynical and critical.
I get your point but having done my own research on the illuminati and all other such stuff in the world, I have come to the following conclusion - a mere ownership or link between one of the bank cartel members is not enough reason to doubt a person's integrity. I say this because funding can come from anywhere and everywhere, Many a times the existence of a linkage to Rothschilds or Rockefellers or Bush' or the Queen is masked by many layers of "ownership". So individuals who accept the funding may or may not know of it. Even if they are aware of the linkages, it does not necessarily mean they will tow the line of the banking cartel. I think it is much better to take their funding and use it for the development you intended. We need funding and if they are willing to fund take their money but don't buy into their authority or ideologies. That's a fair call...that is a smart call rather. The problem is that we hold on to this judgmental philosophy of viewing everything in black and white. The fact of the matter is the world is made of many colors. Seeing everything as good and evil does not help. So what if Kejriwal gets funded by Coca Cola it dunn mean Kejriwal is sold into all the ideas of Coca Cola company. I'd rather have a Kejriwal who taps into Coca Cola's resources for furthering his intended development than some idiot who is sitting on a moral high horse. Morality itself is an artificial concept...whose morality is right? The Nobel Peace Prize lost it's meaning when Bush was awarded one :winky:

Shahi Imam of Jama Masjid Syed Ahmed Bukhari who had advised Muslims to stay away from the fast as the war cries of Vande Mataram and Bharat Mata Ki Jai are anti-Islam. He has since been lambasted by many of his own colleagues across the country.
Meanwhile, Dalit leader Udit Raj will take out rally against Anna Hazare's fast on Wednesday. He says dalits and minorities have been ignored in the corruption battle. He plans to lead the rally from India Gate to Parliament.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Deoband-distances-itself-from-Anna-Hazares-movement/articleshow/9707419.cms Kaise chewtiye bhare pade hain bharat desh main