Jadeja is actually a good odi player.

Some people actually watch him bat rather than check his stats on cricinfo. Crazy' date=' right?[/quote'] that does not mean all people,who watch him bat,have the knowledge and observation powers. when you have gaps in your knowledge and understanding, your observations will reflect those gaps. sometimes the powers of observation are not good enough. given a puzzle/problem in a class, does the whole class manage to solve a puzzle ? only ppl with the right amount of knowledge and correct approach are able to solve it.that's the way it is. not everyone gets it right.
I'm more interested in how many insignificant not outs he's played to maintain an average of 30.in 90 odd Odis' date=' I can only recall 3 useful innings. Would be a good bat if could handle short ball better. But then again, so would Raina.[/quote'] hes batted in 64 of those ODIs.from them, I can recall his 78 in England,60 odd v England in India,2 CT innings and yesterday.
that does not mean all people,who watch him bat,have the knowledge and observation powers. when you have gaps in your knowledge and understanding, your observations will reflect those gaps. sometimes the powers of observation are not good enough. given a puzzle/problem in a class, does the whole class manage to solve a puzzle ? only ppl with the right amount of knowledge and correct approach are able to solve it.that's the way it is. not everyone gets it right.
Yeah, most have more observation power than your stupid assessments of striking abilities based on tinking trundlers in IPL!
Thats the job of no.7 bat .What do you expect to be promoted ahead of Yuvi Dhoni Kohli or Gambhir? If as a no.7 cant score quickly from the start then no point having in the team. We even tried to promote him up the order against SA and he responded with a majestic duck :giggle: .Compare that with performances of Jadeja in CT13 against SA and England in final.Or the performances of Raina against Pak in SF and Aus in QF at no.7 . And Its not even worth comparing Raina and Yusuf.Raina may struggle against bouncers outside subcontinent but atleast in sub continent he is one of the best .Yusuf is useless everywhere.Even more embarrassing against bouncers.Vinay Kumar bounced him out in IPL :hysterical: And as AR maybe you should compare the bowling performances of Yusuf and Jadeja as well.
Well if ur saying his only place in the team should be as a no.7 bat, then I'd rather takes Yusuf's average of 27 @ SR of 113 than Jaddu's 30 at strike rate of 80 (as a pure batsmen). Raina better than Yusuf against the short ball? Oh please, Bhaji, Zak and Ashwin are better against the short ball than Raina. Also Yusuf has continually been shafted by Dhoni, whereas Raina is a member of the long rope club. Being backed by captain/selectors does make a difference you know.
Yeah' date=' most have more observation power than your stupid assessments of striking abilities based on tinking trundlers in IPL![/quote'] an empty vessel making noise is of use. :hysterical: as if posting more nonsense is going to set this clueless fool's blunders right. the fact is there is no way in the world you are going to be proved right here. you never had a clue. there is more egg on your face in the coming future if you continue your foolish ways. for me it makes no difference. :dance:.
an empty vessel making noise is of use. :hysterical: as if posting more nonsense is going to set this clueless fool's blunders right. the fact is there is no way in the world you are going to be proved right here. you never had a clue. there is more egg on your face in the coming future if you continue your foolish ways. for me it makes no difference. :dance:.
Yeah, like your astute assessments that Yuvraj and Raina are going to be test players and Kohli is not. Stick to watching tonking of trundlers in IPL. Real cricket is too complicated for you.
So about 1 in 13 innings he plays a useful hand. Not bad.....if you playing for Hong Kong.
the way it works is you expect established players with mature skillset and mental strength to win matches. young players lack the maturity in skillset or mental strength to be real matchwinners.they may show glimpses of potential here and there. there is reason we have 26-27 yr olds like rahane and rayudu and not 20 yr old upstarts like unmukt. because rahane is more equipped as result of several years of seasoning at FC and india A level to be take on roles at international level. how often Australia prefer 30 yr olds to debut is for this reason. matchwinning abilities is a result of a long process. jadeja's matchwinning abilities will be shown more in the future.yesterday is a sample. don't talk as if Yusuf made his 100 vs SA at the age of 21-24.
the way it works is you expect established players with mature skillset and mental strength to win matches. young players lack the maturity in skillset or mental strength to be real matchwinners.they may show glimpses of potential here and there. there is reason we have 26-27 yr olds like rahane and rayudu and not 20 yr old upstarts like unmukt. because rahane is more equipped as result of several years of seasoning at FC and india A level to be take on roles at international level. how often Australia prefer 30 yr olds to debut is for this reason. matchwinning abilities is a result of a long process. jadeja's matchwinning abilities will be shown more in the future.yesterday is a sample. don't talk as if Yusuf made his 100 vs SA at the age of 21-24.
Agree, but at present Jaddus batting is off the mark.the fact that he has three first class triple hundreds works against him as it shows mental frailties wrt to his international batting
Yeah but you wouldnt have backed him to take 5 wkts either .
No, I would not have and it was pleasantly surprising to see him do that. I am still not sold on his bowling, but he has certainly earned himself a long rope as a bowler. That does not change my assessment of him as a batsman, and why should it? Because I might have rated his bowling incorrectly does not necessarily mean I rated his batting incorrectly as well.
No' date=' I would not have and it was pleasantly surprising to see him do that. I am still not sold on his bowling, but he has certainly earned himself a long rope as a bowler. That does not change my assessment of him as a batsman, and why should it? Because I might have rated his bowling incorrectly does not necessarily mean I rated his batting incorrectly as well.[/quote'] Lol we were all fooled by his bowling he is actually pretty good Batting wise all those stats in FC cricket are worth nothing he is hack at best ..even bhajji played innings like this past so it's not really a big deal...he can be called a batsman only if he does this consistently Right now he is very handy lower order batsman and nothing more but does deserve place in side on bowling alone so only issue is when he plays as all rounder right now he is playing as bowler so no issues

Jadeja is a spot higher at 7 and ideally should bat at 8. In subcontinent he can still bat at 7 with Ashwin at 8 but overseas, especially SA, Aus and NZ we can't afford to go with 2 spinners and one of Jadeja or Ashwin to bat at 8 with hopefully Irfan Pathan at 7 who can bowl seam up. 2 spinners will not win too many matches in Aus/NZ and we need to recognize the fact while preparing for the WC next year. We need to somehow unearth a seam based all-rounder from somewhere, and if not maybe try to resurrect Irfan Pathan coz I don't see us reaching WC semis with this team composition.