Umesh yadav-pretty impressive.

Oh..so according to you fast bowlers are never hit...then they should sack Finn' date=' Anderson, Bresnan, Dernbach as they have gone 6-7 RPO In every match.:WTF:[/quote'] they get hit too, but they dont bowl as many crap deliveries. india's batting lineup is a much bettr one than england's. yadav isnt ready for international cricket, simple as that. too many poor deliveries, very predictable at times. picking another spinner would have been a better idea, would have kept england to 260-270.
LOL, pretty impressive....yeah, if you are impressed by a guy that bleeds runs in every spell picking a guy for pace alone is so pointless. he doesnt bowl in the right areas and is very easy to hit. too many length balls and leg side rubbish. you know you arent ready for international cricket when sankit patel is smacking you around
why dont you keep these pathetic thoughts to your self, firstly its a GAME of Cricket. There is no bowler in the world who has not got smacked around.... Shoaib got smacked by harbhajan,Balaji.. So i wouldn't count on that theory... He did not get smacked for a six, whereas vinay got a plenty off him, which means, it's not easy to clear umesh off the field, with the pace he bowls. Having said it's a learning for umesh, hopefully he will comeback stronger. He did create some chances also, why is that not seen by fools like you.... He yorked samit once, beaten the edge 5-6 times, had them in trouble, yes he did not pick wickets, but the chances were created, which matters.
they get hit too, but they dont bowl as many crap deliveries. india's batting lineup is a much bettr one than england's. yadav isnt ready for international cricket, simple as that. too many poor deliveries, very predictable at times. picking another spinner would have been a better idea, would have kept england to 260-270.
You dont get ready made bowlers, until you throw them in the sea and let them see where they are and how can they improve. This spin mentality has not taken us anywhere and even we don't have good spinners who can take wickets. How many wickets spinners took today.
You dont get ready made bowlers' date=' until you throw them in the sea and let them see where they are and how can they improve. This spin mentality has not taken us anywhere and even we don't have good spinners who can take wickets. How many wickets spinners took today.[/quote'] wicket taking isnt the issue here. everyone knows that its hard to take wickets on these pitches. the issue is the windfall of crappy length deliveries, short pitched deliveries, and wayward legside crap that he was bowling to give away needless runs. giving away 4 and a half runs per over and 7 an over is a big difference. even if you cant take wickets, the least you can do is keep the runs down by not giving the batsman any width. does yadav look like an international bowler to you?
wicket taking isnt the issue here. everyone knows that its hard to take wickets on these pitches. the issue is the windfall of crappy length deliveries, short pitched deliveries, and wayward legside crap that he was bowling to give away needless runs. giving away 4 and a half runs per over and 7 an over is a big difference. even if you cant take wickets, the least you can do is keep the runs down by not giving the batsman any width. does yadav look like an international bowler to you?
He is a fast bowler, not line and length bowler like PK or VK. He goes for wickets and attack the batsmen with bouncers and yorkers and in this process, he can some times take wickets or sometimes go for runs. Like in the last match when he got 2 set batsmen out. According to your logic even Steyn is not an international bowler as he was thrashed at 8 runs per over in helpful conditions yesterday and was bowling all leg side craps. fast bowler always err to leg side when they go for pace. He was unlucky not to pick any wickets, but he bowled some super deliveries in middle overs and on any other day could have ended with 2-3 wickets easily. and in ODIs, especially in India most pacers go for runs. You need to remind the analysis of Malinga last time when he played in a bilateral series against India in 2007.
He is a fast bowler' date=' not line and length bowler like PK or VK. He goes for wickets and attack the batsmen with bouncers and yorkers and in this process, he can some times take wickets or sometimes go for runs. Like in the last match when he got 2 set batsmen out. According to your logic even Steyn is not an international bowler as he was thrashed at 8 runs per over in helpful conditions yesterday and was bowling all leg side craps.[/quote'] i wasnt watching steyn, but he is hardly the benchmark for an ODI bowler. steyn is a great test bowler but average in ODIs. this 'fast bowler' excuse is BS. just because you are quick doesnt mean you should be bowling so many poor deliveries. look at how praveen bowled at the death today - very accurate, followed the batsman and gave no width at all. zaheer does the same thing. that's how you are meant to bowl at the death. they are difficult to score against. yadav was bowling half trackers and drifting down leg side at the end...doesnt impress me.
i wasnt watching steyn, but he is hardly the benchmark for an ODI bowler. steyn is a great test bowler but average in ODIs. this 'fast bowler' excuse is BS. just because you are quick doesnt mean you should be bowling so many poor deliveries. look at how praveen bowled at the death today - very accurate, followed the batsman and gave no width at all. zaheer does the same thing. that's how you are meant to bowl at the death. they are difficult to score against. yadav was bowling half trackers and drifting down leg side at the end...doesnt impress me.
but I let you remind same thing about PK, how he used to be thrashed before and it is not like he has gone at 4 RPO, PK too has gone around 6 RPO. Everyone learns with experience fast bowler always err to leg side when they go for pace. He was unlucky not to pick any wickets, but he bowled some super deliveries in middle overs and on any other day could have ended with 2-3 wickets easily. and in ODIs, especially in India most pacers go for runs. You need to remind the analysis of Malinga last time when he played in a bilateral series against India in 2007.

i dont know why you keep bringing other countries' bowlers into this. indian batsmen will destroy other team's bowlers more often than not. yadav wasn't bowling to an indian batting lineup, he was bowling to a strokeless accumulator in jonathan trott and a fat, across-the line slogger in sankit patel. these aren't the hardest batsmen to bowl to.

i dont know why you keep bringing other countries' bowlers into this. indian batsmen will destroy other team's bowlers more often than not. yadav wasn't bowling to an indian batting lineup, he was bowling to a strokeless accumulator in jonathan trott and a fat, across-the line slogger in sankit patel. these aren't the hardest batsmen to bowl to.
Right and the slogger had his day today. Edges flew to 4s, yorkers were dug out and cutters beat the bat. Not sure if you watched it live or following just the text commentary.
the accumulator has 50+ average in both forms of the game and Patel is a very good player and don't forget KP as well. And you have a great Lahori Logic. Other countries' bowlers thrashed because Indian batsmen are better and If Indian bowler's thrashed then they are crap.
This was the first time Cummins bowled in an ODI and he bowled slower than Yadav and he too went for runs, he also took wickets. So I don't see any reason why we degrade our upcoming bowlers in comparison Aussie, SA, or English bowlers. People say Indian bowlers do not have stamina and strength but then all subcontinent has similar genetics. it is all about how hard they work on their strength and stamina. Look at Yadav, he bowls 145K without any fuss and does not look at tired, while look at PK who bowls 125K and looks tired very easily. Their build is different. Umesh Yadav has worked hard on his fitness as well as on his strength in the gym. Guys like PK and Munaf rarely goes to the gym.
PK and Suresh Raina has a very good backing of MSD. and to some extent RP singh too
I myself was a batsman and medium pacer who could not bowl fast no matter how much I tried and I know the fun that I missed out on, not to mention seeing the faster bowlers taking wickets whereas I just contained runs. Medium pacers can take wickets only when the ball is moving quite a bit, a faster bowler can take wickets almost under any condition unless the pitch is an absolute belter. I have very often asked this question to the posters who think pace is immaterial ---- and nobody has answerd Show me a couple of pace bowlesr in the last 40 yrs who has taken 100 wickets or more in test cricket at an -- average of 26 or less --- or 4 wickets or more per test ..... who are medium pacers ... that is not fast or fast-medium The fast or fast-medium bowlers who have achieved this feat include Marshall, Holding, Roberts, Garner, Walsh, Ambrose, Donald, Pollock, Steyn, Waqar, Wasim, Shoaib, Lillee, Mcgrath, Lee, Gillespie, Hadlee. Another noticable thing in this list is that most of the fast-medium bowlers in this list are tall bowlers who got bounce by hitting the deck hard. If in last 40 years, a medium pace trundler has never succeeded as a wicket taking strike bowler, who can win test matches, why take them in numbers ? It is much better to look for ... fast and fast-medium bowlers.
Spot on Dude :two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up:
Not upto the mark today ' date=' yadav... needs to work on the variations.... , But good speeds througout the 10 over spell :--D[/quote'] He is actually trying variations today, bowled a lot of slower deliveries, leg cutters and off cutters, which he normally wont do. Thats y, may be he has not got any wicket as yet. But good 2 see him trying variations, will be better 4 him in the upcoming series