Umesh yadav-pretty impressive.

Even in test, the commies said he bowls like 6 inches behind the crease. Good habit to get into to avoid no balls but as you say he is not getting more pace to reach the batsmen. I wonder if this guy will make it as an odi cricketer.. He is looking good enough for test cricket.
i wonder if you'll ever post a sensible post here
Earlier his seam was also wobbly but he still got great inswing but now its missing so ishant is not getting the movement he used to so when he picthes up he is driven ' date='so its affects his confidence ,and he resorts to bowling to contain ,he has to get his insiwnger for that he has change his wrist postion at time of delivery to what it was earlier.[/quote'] no...it is not like he will driven whenever pitches up. Bowlers can get wickets even on straight ball when they are pitched up. He needs to find that length where batsman is unsure. He is most often over pitching the ball, needs to work in the nets on that length where batsman is unsure whether to come on front foot or go back. With his height, he can certainly confuse the batsman. It needs a bit of work in the nets targeting that spot. This is what Pattinson has done.
no...it is not like he will driven whenever pitches up. Bowlers can get wickets even on straight ball when they are pitched up. He needs to find that length where batsman is unsure. He is most often over pitching the ball' date=' needs to work in the nets on that length where batsman is unsure whether to come on front foot or go back. With his height, he can certainly confuse the batsman. It needs a bit of work in the nets targeting that spot. This is what Pattinson has done.[/quote'] Pattinson has moved the ball much more than ishant ,Ishant at his best had an inswinger which cut it massively of the pitch so batsmen were alwasy looking for inswinger and if a ball straighened it was difficult to play but no most balls are straight so its easier for batsman to play the line.
Pattinson has moved the ball much more than ishant ' date='Ishant at his best had an inswinger which cut it massively of the pitch so batsmen were alwasy looking for inswinger and if a ball straighened it was difficult to play but no most balls are straight so its easier for batsman to play the line.[/quote'] No. Ishant did not bowl enough fuller length to see the movement. He moved the ball as well and beat the batsmen but from short of a length which does not give many wickets. If he had bowler fuller, he should got the movement because on these pitches you can movement even without hitting the seam. The thing is you must be ready to be driven and go for boundaries like Yadav did. Ishant did not do that enough. This is a bargain for wickets. Ishant gave lesser runs but had less wickets too, while Yadav went for runs but had more wickets as well.
I have never seen a bowler improve so dramatically as Yadav has. When he 1st started playing in the IPL he was fast, wayward and gun barrell straight. When he played against Zimbabwe i thought he would never make it. Now he looks like a fantastic prospect, i really hope he does not fade after 6 months to a year because he looks like the real deal. He is a genuine wicket taker. I don't trust the readings of the speed guns in this match. Hilfenhaus was apparently bowling a little slower than Yadav but to the naked eye, Yadav looked much quicker.
even i think so..yadav speeds might be above 152 also..because they were looking really fast..
No. Ishant did not bowl enough fuller length to see the movement. He moved the ball as well and beat the batsmen but from short of a length which does not give many wickets. If he had bowler fuller' date=' he should got the movement because on these pitches you can movement even without hitting the seam. The thing is you must be ready to be driven and go for boundaries like Yadav did. Ishant did not do that enough. This is a bargain for wickets. Ishant gave lesser runs but had less wickets too, while Yadav went for runs but had more wickets as well.[/quote'] two bounadires and third ball wicket for me is better rather than containing the batsman for 20 balls and allowing him to settle..
Even in test, the commies said he bowls like 6 inches behind the crease. Good habit to get into to avoid no balls but as you say he is not getting more pace to reach the batsmen. I wonder if this guy will make it as an odi cricketer.. He is looking good enough for test cricket.
I actually think this is a fair statement. The likes of Steyn and Anderson are very good in test cricket but nowhere near as good in ODI's. From what i have seen so far, i think Aaron may prove to be the better one day bowler.
I actually think this is a fair statement. The likes of Steyn and Anderson are very good in test cricket but nowhere near as good in ODI's. From what i have seen so far' date=' i think Aaron may prove to be the better one day bowler.[/quote'] Steyn is top 10 in ODIs as well.

Play him sparingly in the ODIs till he has established himself in test cricket. He has plenty of time ahead of him to play ODIs. For the first 12-18 months of his career, focusing only on tests should be the way to go. Else, like with many pacers before, he will be ground to dust in the shorter formats.

I actually think this is a fair statement. The likes of Steyn and Anderson are very good in test cricket but nowhere near as good in ODI's. From what i have seen so far' date=' i think Aaron may prove to be the better one day bowler.[/quote'] if you are good enuf for Tests , ODI's dont really matter . infact i would rather have him play only Tests & selective ODI's just to save him from injuries.

U need to play decent enough ODI cricket(70-80 ODIS) before going into a tournament like world cup.So suggestions saying he shouldnt play ODI for 2 years are illogical So he should definitely play ODI though choose and pick them to given him enough rest.Good thing is we only play 2 fast bowlers in sub continent.So rotating him with Ishant we can given enough rest in tests as well.

who cares about meaningless ODIs first of all..okk..it can be only used to develop cricket in a nation like now indian test cricket team is coming..as now they have a structure in place
Indian cricket fans? If u check the stadia attendence as well as television viewer ratings fans care lot more about those supposed meaningless ODIs than test cricket