Ra.One-Superhero Flick

rkt.india

But then isnt it his responsibility to deliver a half-decent film at least ? I mean all the hype,promos,ads,parties...Hes just fooling people and I don't blame him
I think the disconnect here is that you think that its his 'responsibility' to deliver a half decent ( as per your standards) film. Looks to me a case of misplaced expectations, more than anything else. Tomorrow someone will say that they expect Ra.One to at least half solve the ethnic violence in Sudan. And after realizing that the movie hasn't done that, lay the blame at SRK's feet. :D The hype, promos and all that were to get the necessary footfalls to the cinema houses. Why is it fooling people? Did they make any promises they didn't keep? Not sure I understand what your grouse is. I admit, its a bad movie, but if you expected a miracle the blame is squarely on your shoulders. Having said that, I found the graphics bit very good. SRK's entry on that bike is also very well done. The story ( not much) and screen play leave a lot to be desired. But it is still a one time watch. The only complaint I have is the caricature-esque portrayal of Tamilians. Pretty lousy. SRK should be more sensitive. Yeah, and some of the 'jokes' weren't suitable for kids too. PS: My nephews, aged 6 and 4 absolutely loved the movie. :--D

I think the disconnect here is that you think that its his 'responsibility' to deliver a half decent ( as per your standards) film. Looks to me a case of misplaced expectations, more than anything else. Tomorrow someone will say that they expect Ra.One to at least half solve the ethnic violence in Sudan. And after realizing that the movie hasn't done that, lay the blame at SRK's feet. :D The hype, promos and all that were to get the necessary footfalls to the cinema houses. Why is it fooling people? Did they make any promises they didn't keep? Not sure I understand what your grouse is. I admit, its a bad movie, but if you expected a miracle the blame is squarely on your shoulders. Having said that, I found the graphics bit very good. SRK's entry on that bike is also very well done. The story ( not much) and screen play leave a lot to be desired. But it is still a one time watch. The only complaint I have is the caricature-esque portrayal of Tamilians. Pretty lousy. SRK should be more sensitive. Yeah, and some of the 'jokes' weren't suitable for kids too. PS: My nephews, aged 6 and 4 absolutely loved the movie. :--D
Yes, I realized that I made a mistake when I left the door open for you to come back on the "responsibility" thing. You are correct.SRK owes his fans no favors. Besides, as I mentioned in an earlier post,kids below 10 should find it watchable.

Yes, I realized that I made a mistake when I left the door open for you to come back on the "responsibility" thing. You are correct.SRK owes his fans no favors. Besides, as I mentioned in an earlier post,kids below 10 should find it watchable.
But, if I am a quality concious company, I would call back my products if I realize it is utter crap, instead of promoting it. But then SRK has never been about quality.

But' date=' if I am a quality concious company, I would call back my products if I realize it is utter crap, instead of promoting it. But then SRK has never been about quality.[/quote'] But thats the thing.Consumer Products are made to specification and the quality can be benchmarked but Films are subjective.

Well, sorry if my post came across as harsh/rude. That definitely wasn't the intention. :icflove: I just find that your criticism is rather too unfair on Ra.One.
But' date=' if I am a quality concious company, I would call back my products if I realize it is utter crap, instead of promoting it. But then SRK has never been about quality.[/quote'] It is primarily a kids movie. What we should do is try and collate the following data. % of kids in cinema halls for this movie vs other movies. % of kids in cinema halls for this movie vs other kid movies. We find it crap because we find it too illogical or whatever. Children enjoy this stuff. Its a different market segment that he is targeting. Children + accompanying parents. PS: I enjoyed it in bits, that means a little bit of childishness is still left in me. :yay: PPS: SRK has never been about quality?? :confused: That statement, I can assure you, is wrong.