Who After Dhoni (the Wicket Keeper)

maniac

We had totally mediocre wk's for a long long time before dhoni..... iirc the long list of nonsense keepers included nayan mongia' date= vijay dahiya :facepalm:, sameer dighe :nono:, msk prasad :haha:, saba karim, kiran more, etc. So we should consider ourselves extremely blessed to hv such a genuinely world class wk-batsman for the foreseeable future. We should not start worrying about the wk slot just yet. Let's enjoy this era while we can.
You missed out on the great ajay Ratra!!!
Saha is twice a wicket keeper than Dhoni can ever dream of becoming. Dhoni is a very ordinary test player and it would be trivial to replace him. In ODIs, yeah, it will be next to impossible to find a finisher like him.
In India, for most Indian people, tests are trivial.
Saha is twice a wicket keeper than Dhoni can ever dream of becoming. Dhoni is a very ordinary test player and it would be trivial to replace him. In ODIs, yeah, it will be next to impossible to find a finisher like him.
I don't know what is it that you guys have against MSD's performance in tests overseas. He hasn't been that bad IMO. He was very good in England in 2007,ok in SA in 2006 and did well this time around . His knock in the Durban test 1st innings is something that people just overlook!! He did well in WI in 2006 and also in NZ. Yes, there have been series' where he has failed as well. Australia 2007-08, where he was not particularly out of form but could not score highly and England this time around. Give the guy some breathing space guys. He averages almost 40 so he does know how to play!! The only criticism I have for him in tests is that he doesn't play his natural game at times. He should really look to play the way he knows. Agreed his wicket-keeping is not the best but when you package that with batting and captaincy, then let me assure you, its gonna be very hard to replace him.

Dhoni just doesn't want to get his gloves off, be it broken fingers or injuries. Guess, somewhere in his mind he is aware of the loophole that would be created for better keepers like Saha, Karthik, Parthiv and Pinal (very young and one for the future). Any of these guys can replace Dhoni, the Wicket-Keeper. But is he even grooming anyone? With Parthiv fielding even when Dhoni's fingers keep getting a beating, the reluctance or should I say, answer, is anybody's guess.

Dhoni just doesn't want to get his gloves off, be it broken fingers or injuries. Guess, somewhere in his mind he is aware of the loophole that would be created for better keepers like Saha, Karthik, Parthiv and Pinal (very young and one for the future). Any of these guys can replace Dhoni, the Wicket-Keeper. But is he even grooming anyone? With Parthiv fielding even when Dhoni's fingers keep getting a beating, the reluctance or should I say, answer, is anybody's guess.
Kartik and Parthiv are worse than Dhoni right now as Keeper. Saha is an ordinary batsman and Pinal is an unknown quantity.
Wicket keeping is his primary job!! Why do you want him to quit that and play only as a batsman. This just does not make sense to me. Maybe this would be helpful when he's injured or when he's woefully out of form but that would give some other, so called better wicket-keepers, to prove their worth.
Kartik and Parthiv are worse than Dhoni right now as Keeper. Saha is an ordinary batsman and Pinal is an unknown quantity.
Without sufficient chances, how will these former keepers get a chance to renew everyone's opinions about them?
Wicket keeping is his primary job!! Why do you want him to quit that and play only as a batsman. This just does not make sense to me. Maybe this would be helpful when he's injured or when he's woefully out of form but that would give some other' date=' so called better wicket-keepers, to prove their worth.[/quote'] I think Kumar Sangakarra has shown the way. And more than that, in tests, No.6 has always been a dicey place for any replacement. It will help in significantly reducing Dhoni's workload as well. What do you think?

Some fans question Dhoni's keeping as if he drops catches,misses stumpings and fecks up a run out in every game he keeps for India.For me he is a safe wicket keeper who takes most of the oppurtunities which comes his way and thats what you need from your wicket keeper. Bottom line he is not the best keeper in world but he isnt that bad either.