Favourite TV shows

suma25

10 hours ago, Gollum said:

Thanks a lot @Vijy for your patient answers, now I have someone on this forum to get my doubts clarified viz a viz TV shows :thumb:.

No problem. it's just my own take on the shows though. the ones you picked are varying levels of good-to-excellent, so it's best to give yourself a few episodes first and see how you feel about them.

@Gollum As you've watched Band of Brothers, please watch THE PACIFIC too. It's from the same makers. BoB was about the European theatre, the Pacific as the name suggests is about WW2 happenings in the Pacific region. Much gory than BoB, but I guess you are gonna enjoy it.

If you are into crime drama, then you might find True Detective season 1 interesting, starring Matthew McConaughey & Woody Harrelson.

1 hour ago, Turning_track said:

@Gollum As you've watched Band of Brothers, please watch THE PACIFIC too. It's from the same makers. BoB was about the European theatre, the Pacific as the name suggests is about WW2 happenings in the Pacific region. Much gory than BoB, but I guess you are gonna enjoy it.

If you are into crime drama, then you might find True Detective season 1 interesting, starring Matthew McConaughey & Woody Harrelson.

:thumb:

30 minutes ago, Vijy said:

did you get the chance to see any of the series you wished to check out?

Not yet finished Wire. Got caught up in work and now the SA series has started. Will watch TV shows after this gets over hopefully, but not sure because I have a very busy schedule till June. 

Edited by Gollum

28 minutes ago, beetle said:

Binge watched season 1 of  ' Marvelous Mrs Maisel' and ' This Is Us '.

Loved both.

Going through ' The Affair' on Amazon Prime.good but have to be careful...

Extreme nudity ...not recommended with curious kid around .

mrs maisel also had partial nudity in some of the first episodes. didn't expect it from the creator of gilmore girls.

17 minutes ago, Vijy said:

mrs maisel also had partial nudity in some of the first episodes. didn't expect it from the creator of gilmore girls.

Nothing compared to 'the affair'.

But mrs M has a lot of verbal nudity.

I have noticed that female comedians  tend to use very graphic words and crass talk in their acts...even Indian ones. 

Edited by beetle

1 hour ago, beetle said:

Nothing compared to 'the affair'.

But mrs M has a lot of verbal nudity.

I have noticed that female comedians  tend to use very graphic words and crass talk in their acts...even Indian ones. 

yes, it does have swearing. gilmore girls didn't, so i found it rather odd.

Every thursday I watch an episode of THE VIKINGS, since last 2 seasons I've been catching it regularly. Currently it's in season 5 & I enjoyed the first 2-3 seasons than the later ones. Watching Viking legends like Ragnar, Lagertha, Floki, Bjorn, Ivar etc has been fun.

Its creator Michael Hirst also created The Tudors and wrote both Elizabeth movies for Shekhar Kapur. 

Edited by Turning_track

24 minutes ago, Turning_track said:

Every thursday I watch an episode of THE VIKINGS, since last 2 seasons I've been catching it regularly. Currently it's in season 5 & I enjoyed the first 2-3 seasons than the later ones. Watching Viking legends like Ragnar, Lagertha, Floki, Bjorn, Ivar etc has been fun.

Its creator Michael Hirst also created The Tudors and wrote both Elizabeth movies for Shekhar Kapur. 

the tudors is a good means of passing the time. lot of melodrama and events unfolding continuously.

4 minutes ago, Turning_track said:

Yes. First I saw her in GOT only, she did well. One of the most beautiful ladies in that show. 

GOT has a wide selection, for diff tastes: Emilia Clarke, Carice van Houten, Rose Leslie, Nathalie Emanuel, Esme Bianco and of course Natalie Dormer to name a few. I saw (all of) Natalie first in The Tudors, and then in GOT.

On 1/6/2018 at 1:04 AM, maniac said:

Black Mirror greatest satire on technology...Amazing series one of the best :nice:

it is an amazing series, but the avg quality on every season IMHO has dropped a bit in every successive series.

3 minutes ago, Vijy said:

GOT has a wide selection, for diff tastes: Emilia Clarke, Carice van Houten, Rose Leslie, Nathalie Emanuel, Esme Bianco and of course Natalie Dormer to name a few. I saw (all of) Natalie first in The Tudors, and then in GOT.

In GOT barring a few, most of these beautiful ladies are very talented or they've improved a lot in their acting skills. It's heartening to see all the actors of GOT doing well in other movies and TV series.