Gautam Gambhir seems to be a shadow of his previous self..

The problem is not just supporting gambhir through this prolonged rough patch.... it is a much bigger concern bcoz he opens with someone like sehwag who has a high probability of getting out fairly early in the innings as well.... so we definitely need stability and reliability from the other end. As we saw in England, once the openers succumb cheaply, our famed middle order is not as likely to get us big scores. Plus gambhir is absolutely useless once he fails with the bat coz he has no other utility to the team. I want to support the guy who helped us win the WC finals with a sparkling knock but this is a professional sport and there's got to be a line drawn here for gambhir.... at the absolute max, as i have said earlier, if he doesn't get at least 2-3 50+ scores in the four tests then he should be dropped from tests for now.

If he continues to poke outside off or play that glide down to 3rd man with an angled bat he will find it tough to succeed in Aus with extra bounce and edge carrying to slips. He can get away with the shot on subcontinent where he can ride the bounce and not much deviation but in Aus with seam movement and extra bounce he will be in trouble. He may be able to get away in odis as well since there are not many slips but in Tests he will be found wanting.

Gambhir :The White Elephant of Indian team So,Poor form of this guy continuous and If I'm not wrong he is batting avg is about 27 or so for the past One year in tests.Which is really horrible . HE has become more or less a White Elephant of the team".He surely needs to be kicked out for few matches and bring him back after that. What do you guys think ?