What the **** was that Ashwin?! Ashwin's response (post #87)

Talwar

Ashwin made the No call quite early and also gestured to Rohit to stay back. Once the run out was certain he ran and sacrificed his wicket. Not sure whats egoistic here. He was sure there wasnt a second run there, but Rohit had made up his mind. However its the call of the batsmen who is running towards the danger end.

/ On the contrary' date=' I feel he is too self centered. He puts himself ahead of the team's interest. Remember how he was howling at the end of the test that " HE" thought he should save the test by not losing a wicket on the 2nd last ball and what happened on the last ball was a mistake (minor ?) . Even here, he refused to take a run because " HE " wanted to be on the centrestage, wanting to score the winning runs. Not bothering that his negligence could cost the team heavily. Pretty egoistic, I would say. ofcourse, with his polished english and diplomatic behaviour he hides this quite well and comes across as a nice guy. But mark my words, he is too egoistic ![/quote'] Egoistic? What a load of crap :facepalm:
He's Kumble and Srinath rolled into one...in matters of running between wickets. Comical to say the least.
Kumble was a street smart cricketer despite his running. Srinath often lost his mind on the ground. If there is a mad panic he just won't know what to do. His problem was not running but understanding. I have to recall Srinath's celebration of a run out without realizing there was a by runner. Imagine you are the only one guy celebrating and everyone else in your team look at you weirdly.
Kumble was a street smart cricketer despite his running. Srinath often lost his mind on the ground. If there is a mad panic he just won't know what to do. His problem was not running but understanding. I have to recall Srinath's celebration of a run out without realizing there was a by runner. Imagine you are the only one guy celebrating and everyone else in your team look at you weirdly.
I think both the batsman n his runner have to be in the crease.can u elaborate:hmmm:
Ashwin made the No call quite early and also gestured to Rohit to stay back. Once the run out was certain he ran and sacrificed his wicket. Not sure whats egoistic here. He was sure there wasnt a second run there, but Rohit had made up his mind. However its the call of the batsmen who is running towards the danger end.
The egoistic part was that HE JUST KEPT ON LOOKING AT ROHIT all the while Rohit was running the second. He could be forgiven if he didn't even see Rohit come back. But he just kept on looking! And when he eventually did get runout, he had the nerve to bang the bat. Like Jeez Christ! Dum Flip Ashwin!
The egoistic part was that HE JUST KEPT ON LOOKING AT ROHIT all the while Rohit was running the second. He could be forgiven if he didn't even see Rohit come back. But he just kept on looking! And when he eventually did get runout, he had the nerve to bang the bat. Like Jeez Christ! Dum Flip Ashwin!
Yea and he should have stayed in the crease instead of gifting his wicket to sharma, shows how selfish he is

Some of the theories that are thrown up here can make one throw up. Simple fact is he is slow. He is much slower than any of our current batsman. It results in bad calling every time. He judges a run based on his speed not on the speed of his partner. Hence confusion. Dravid is fairly a swift runner. But his problem is calling. So there is a difference.

Some of the theories that are thrown up here can make one throw up. Simple fact is he is slow. He is much slower than any of our current batsman. It results in bad calling every time. He judges a run based on his speed not on the speed of his partner. Hence confusion. Dravid is fairly a swift runner. But his problem is calling. So there is a difference.
I came up with the flat footed theory coz I have seen quite a few and the way they run. It resembles Ashwin's running style a lot. I may be wrong though.

He judges a run based on his speed not on the speed of his partner. EExactly! This is the main reason. Also, I think Ashwin is a little adamant and headstrong as far as running between the wickets is concerned. This is possibly what was going through his mind when he refused to run for the second run during the Wankhede Test: "Oh ****, I've hit it too hard. Only a single. :sad: Okay, let me run down gently, and score one run. (As he reaches the other end gently, he hears Aaron screaming and sees him standing almost beside him urging him to complete the second). Oh ****, when did this fecker come back? ****, he's running for two, should I try and go back? Oh ****, let me try. Oh jeez, I am run out already ... bc ... mc) And during the Barabati ODI: "Okay, one run, now I'll get to bat. Oh ****, BC Rohit is coming back. Arey Rohit, No No No No. Rohit No! Rohit pleaseeee! (As they stand together in the same crease) ... "****, I'll have to sacrifice myself now ... Let me run a few steps atleast ... BC ... phir out ... OOps, I did it again ... I'm not login in to twitter tonight ... **** Viru is standing right there" Bechara!

Yea and he should have stayed in the crease instead of gifting his wicket to sharma' date=' shows how selfish he is[/quote'] Read the part where I said, "HE JUST KEPT ON LOOKING AT ROHIT". Are you trying to defend him for NOT RUNNING and simply staring at Sharma as if he were a nude Katrina Kaif in disguise?