What the **** was that Ashwin?! Ashwin's response (post #87)

Talwar

i will excuse him for this' date='he is an intelligent guy and will learn from this.[/quote'] He has an obvious weakness (bad running) which has magnified the final result. If he had turned blind and run it and got run out he would have escaped criticism. Hope he learns from it. Kudos to him in both innings for batting with tail excellently. Not an easy job. He did it with cool head.
Arey yaar, he was making sure that Aaron wouldn't get run out...what Ashwin didn't expect is that the fielder would throw to the keepers end. Cut him some slack. We didn't win due to Kohli's poor shot.
huh,what about Sachin,Sehwag n Laxy's shots?
@ashwinravi99 Can anyone tell what differently cud have been done??instead of saying cud have run the 2...moment I completed 1 the throw was over my head.
@sekhram @ashwinravi99 should have gone for more agressive shot on 2nd last ball. ojha would surely last 1 ball even if you were out. @ashwinravi99 @sekhram so tat u can say I shud have played it out if ojha had got out...??hahha...easier to say..cricket is beyond tat..
@muktyar @ashwinravi99 could hv retained strike at the end of second last over. @muktyar did u see the game boss???everyone was kept on the boundary for me...4 to get I wud have got a 1 nd still 3 of 5 for varun..
@ashwinravi99 Thanks a lot for all ur wishes guys...u guys tat have supported me have been brilliant in pepping me up..
https://twitter.com/#!/ashwinravi99
Arey yaar' date=' [b']he was making sure that Aaron wouldn't get run out...what Ashwin didn't expect is that the fielder would throw to the keepers end. Cut him some slack. We didn't win due to Kohli's poor shot.
:confused: What kind of explanation is that? Why would he try to make sure that Aaron wouldn't get run out? There were only two possible results depending on what happens on last ball Draw and India's win.
That's a weak person mindset :headshake: be gutsy & go for the glory' date=' if you fail..no harm..atleast you tried instead of chickening out[/quote'] If it was any other scenario, going for a win would have been fine. But 2 needed off 2? I would have been gutted had we lost the match. Its not as if we didn't try. 242 in 64 overs is brilliant on a last day track. I am disappointed we couldn't win but as I said 'such a draw' anyday over a lost test match.

This is one area where Bhajji does good, remember how he hit Shoaib Akhtar for a six to win Asia Cup? That was under real real pressure, more than this. In this, Ashwin had all these overs to keep the score the score ticking and take us to a whitewash, something we don't do often. However, he couldn't even do this simple job, it wasn't that hard. Even on the last ball if he ran hard, he could have caused a misfield and we could have run one more. But lets not be harsh. He messed up on something so simple but he has been doing the hard things right. Bowling very well, always at the batsmen with his deliveries, batted well. Just an experience thing which he will pick up and learn from. I remember once Sreesanth made an attacking 29 not out in a test v WI I think, while there was chaos around him. He could learn from that.

It is very very hard to be a cricketer. So many arm chair critics slicing and dicing your approach. It looked bad.. because India had a realistic chance of winning from that position. Even though ball was over his head he could have tried there is a always a chance they might fumble.
Saying that he should have tried to hit on 2nd last ball is unfair.
weak response from Ashwin(if its really him).he should've just run as fast he couldnt' date='we wouldnt lose 2 wickets on 1 ball?[/quote'] yup.. he lost his presence of mind. Even if there was 1% chance he should have tried. High school stuff. You just run blind. Having said that.. with his running... he was going to be out by miles due to very slow running.
huh' date='what about Sachin,Sehwag n Laxy's shots?[/quote'] You could say that too. What I meant is that Kohli brought the match so close. Played a flashy shot and got out. Bishoo played him and Kohli fell right into his trap. He should have finished the game, there was no need to finish it off in a hurry. He clearly tried to go up a gear once he reached his 50.