What the **** was that Ashwin?! Ashwin's response (post #87)

Talwar

^^That is a good post. You do need to apply some caution as well. If you just wildly swing with the aim of winning, ain't going to happen. Regarding the 5th delivery, I agree, that was the time to go for the win. Probability of two wickets off two deliveries is pretty low.
True, but given Ojha's extremely limited batting abilities, I really wouldn't want him facing the last ball under the pressure of losing the match. So I think Ashwin did the right thing there.

He seems to be genuinely bothered by the responses and public opinion about what he has done. In an interview (I think in Tamil) he said that he discusses cricket with just about anyone including his family about what to bowl in what situation, etc. Not such a good idea on twitter. As for the match itself: I think it was the right decision to block the penultimate ball. Probably should have denied the single off the previous over but that was a tough call either way.

But they didnt. No point in thinking about hypothetical scenarios. The ball was already on the way back to the keeper before he could even get back to the other end. There was only 1 there because he hit the ball very hard. A batsman knows how many runs are available when he hits the ball.
saying "2 wkts out of last 2 balls" - is also as much hypothetical. Btw, there were 2-3 missed chances for runouts, within last 1 hour or so. So, it was more reasonable to hope for fumble, than otherwise. Also, in a last ball do or die situation - you do not think about all that if-then-else, you just go all out, hoping for the best.

Today I have learnt a new thing that you have to atleast try to run 2nd even if you cant get run to show that you were going for a win. And the arguement,if he had run wk may have fumbled is as absurd as it can get,I can say if he went for the run ,he might have slipped while running.All may,might scenarios. Regarding Ashwin blocking the throw,isnt that amount to obstructing the field acc. to new rules

The point is not whether he would have gotten out - the point is he did not show intent, who knows looking Ashwin charging in, WK might have fumbled, or may be Ashwin ended up blocking the throw unintentionally. And it was last ball - loss was out of question (if that was the fear, previous ball). ++
I just saw the clip again a few times. He ran the first quite hard (which was slow btw) but by the time he reached the non strikers end the throw had already crossed Aswhin. He should still have tried to touch and run hard and hoped the keeper made a mistake but IMO the ball want too quickly to the fielder who was not so deep and the run out was a foregone conclusion. uv6Z1.jpg

Ashwin really seems a top class bloke as well as bowler - this also from his twitter @mkarthi119 @ashwinravi99 will you reply to celebrities only Mr.Ashwin...I am a poor cricket lover from Tamil Nadu..Will you reply me? @ashwinravi99 @mkarthi119 why not???I am no big person...just tat can't reply to all..don't mind it..I am grt cricket lover myself.