Whom should we pick in place of Praveen?

koksmayu

ICF has gone bonkers. First the delusional wanted crpathan back. Now Nehra is being touted for the test team:hysterical:
so who would you have - Mithun or Unadkat or Sreesanth (if he's fit) Pathan has performed well in domestic cricket and also has experience so I won't be surprised if he is selected.

When you see the names of crapthan and Nehra being pimped for the test side. It makes you realise why Sree is always picked when fit over the last few years. Give me sree any day over rubbish like crapthan and Nehra. Frankly speaking if slow left arm pathan and I dont play First crcket Nehra are the choices, then I would rather go for quota vinay kumar

RP Singh ? He is a spent force. He had his chances and didnt do a good enough job. They should pick Mithun. He is only 22 and he would learn something on this tour. He is already bowling at mid 130s and with age will get stronger and will bowl more quickly in years to come. Also he is consistent in FC and has taken a truck load of wickets. He is also a decent batsman. Selecting Sreesanth, Nehra, RP Singh, Irfan Pathan will be a step back.

What about Bhuvenesh Kumar.Looks like a mirror image of PK and maybe the ideal replacement for him? I havent seen much of him though apart from couple of Ranji matches.He bowls similar pace to Praveen swung the ball both ways IIRC and can bowl tigh long spells and bat better than PK too. Looked better than RPS today when they bowled in tandem even if he was slower than RPS.Perhaps a wild choice.

There is a delay in replacement for PK as they are begging Sree to come back. Kerala speedster has injury though so he is unsure whether to risk himself.
There is a long list of people who's begging Sree to come back: a) Phil Hughes - If he can manage to plunder a few runs against NZ, the India series will be a make-or-break for him. Sreesanth handling the new ball would make his career secure. b) Ricky Ponting - If Sreesanth can replace Ishant (by some luck or conspiracy), Ponting will hit 500 in the series and secure his position for another 2 years. c) Michael Clarke - He can complain against Sreesanth to the match referee on a daily basis and earn the rights to sledge as much as possible throughout. Any talk about 'lack of sportsmanship' starts, and he can point at Sreesanth. d) Brad Haddin/Usman Khwaja - Same reasons as Phil Hughes e) All Australian bowlers - Whenever someone criticizes their performance, they can point to Sreesanth and say that they've done better. f) Boogie Woogie dance program - For obvious reasons Now, will the mighty Sreesanth give in? :sherlock:
this is the height of delusion....................even from a Sree supporter like you.
Not really. Why do you think they are taking ages to name replacement? They giving Sree maximum time to declare himself fit and take his spot. However, if Sree remains injured then they will look elsewhere. I bet he has already been called about his fitness.
irfan took a 7 wicket haul against an INTERNATIONAL CLASS delhi batting lineup. thats impressive. i dunno if he will get picked for the tour, but after taking three 5ers in first class, nobody can deny that he hasnt earned the right to be selected.
not a single international class batsman in Delhi team right now.:giggle:
There is a long list of people who's begging Sree to come back: a) Phil Hughes - If he can manage to plunder a few runs against NZ, the India series will be a make-or-break for him. Sreesanth handling the new ball would make his career secure. b) Ricky Ponting - If Sreesanth can replace Ishant (by some luck or conspiracy), Ponting will hit 500 in the series and secure his position for another 2 years. c) Michael Clarke - He can complain against Sreesanth to the match referee on a daily basis and earn the rights to sledge as much as possible throughout. Any talk to 'lack of sportsmanship' starts, and he can point at Sreesanth. d) Brad Haddin/Usman Khwaja - Same reasons as Phil Hughes e) All Australian bowlers - Whenever someone criticizes their performance, they can point to Sreesanth and say that they've done better. f) Boogie Woogie dance program - For obvious reasons Now, will the mighty Sreesanth give in? :sherlock:
:haha:

Saw the highlights of UP vs Rajasthan match to see RP, but he did not impress me at all. Still overweight, runs in slow motion occasionally going in 130-135 but again came back to 125 and was giving too many boundary balls to my liking. He was only benefited by his left arm angle and swing into the batsmen.

Not really. Why do you think they are taking ages to name replacement? They giving Sree maximum time to declare himself fit and take his spot. However' date=' if Sree remains injured then they will look elsewhere. I bet he has already been called about his fitness.[/quote'] I like your support for the guy ...I thought such fanboys exist only among our Padosis :--D
Saw the highlights of UP vs Rajasthan match to see RP' date=' but he did not impress me at all. Still overweight, runs in slow motion occasionally going in 130-135 but again came back to 125 and was giving too many boundary balls to my liking. He was only benefited by his left arm angle and swing into the batsmen.[/quote'] Really sad. People regret about the lost talent of Pathan but here is another guy who was really good. was important in our wins overseas and he was the bowler of 2007 World T20 - used to bowl out batsmen with pace and swing