Pakistan: Most Successful ODI team of 2011

Asim

OK' date=' now generally speaking, not in context with Pak Ind match. Do you really belive there is no such thing exists in cricekt like "XYZ played poor cricket today"? Is it ALWAYS the one team plays better and "makes" other team to play poorly? and there are no such terms used in cricket like miscalculation, -ve approach/attitude, bad fielding, drop catches, lack of temprament, poor short selection etc etc? tell me honestly what % role THE OTHER TEAM plays when we use such terms?[/quote'] its there and thats part of game thats wht im saying no one plays at 100 percent always its not possible thats wht im trying to tell u these things are part of game some one plays badly, some one drops catches its all part of game and its all fair btw i for one siad this its very rare for 2 teams to play at there absolute best..so u should ask this question to urself i m saying that teams play poorly.. its normal its part of game u actually contradicted urself
thanks for also defining your scenarios...
I was simply adding to the ones you came up with. And hope you get the point, i.e. hypothetical scenarios can go either way. Even if Pakistan had done all the things they should have done "correctly" as per you, there's no guarantee they would have won given how easily they crumbled under pressure. The fallacy in your argument is that you are assuming that had Pakistan done any of the things you mentioned, other situations would have remained the same. How can you be sure that if Pakistan would have caught SRT earlier, Dhoni wouldn't have come in earlier and scored a big 100? Or Yuvraj would have come in against a spinner instead of against Riaz and thus instead of getting out on the 1st ball wouldn't have scored heavily as he did throughout the tourney? Or that if Misbah had tried to be aggressive initially he wouldn't have lost his wkt just like other Paki batsmen? You cannot simply pick and choose one variable that suits you and assume rest everything remains the same.
I was simply adding to the ones you came up with. And hope you get the point, i.e. hypothetical scenarios can go either way. Even if Pakistan had done all the things they should have done "correctly" as per you, there's no guarantee they would have won given how easily they crumbled under pressure. The fallacy in your argument is that you are assuming that had Pakistan done any of the things you mentioned, other situations would have remained the same. How can you be sure that if Pakistan would have caught SRT earlier, Dhoni wouldn't have come in earlier and scored a big 100? Or Yuvraj would have come in against a spinner instead of against Riaz and thus instead of getting out on the 1st ball wouldn't have scored heavily as he did throughout the tourney? Or that if Misbah had tried to be aggressive initially he wouldn't have lost his wkt just like other Paki batsmen? You cannot simply pick and choose one variable that suits you and assume rest everything remains the same.
good example.. thats why i said only performance counts..
Also India did well after 83 victory. 85 world championship india def imran cornered kuttas twice. there was mass wife aka sister beating in paki land after that.
the years of pwnage at the hands of imrans tigers left a team so badly traumatised that this was what followed from a nation of billions .:winky: [ATTACH]1814[/ATTACH] zimbabwe with a much better record that too for a whole decade :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
the years of pwnage at the hands of imrans tigers left a team so badly traumatised that this was what followed from a nation of billions .:winky: [ATTACH]1814[/ATTACH] zimbabwe with a much better record that too for a whole decade :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
As for Imran's Tigers we all know what happened once neutral umpires were introduced and the "Tigers" didn't have help from the likes of Shakoor Rana, Haider Ali etc. :hysterical: Didn't Pakis lose to the likes of Zim, Eng, SL at home and nearly lost to B'desh and only a cheating Latif managed to save them from that ignominy :haha: And as my signature states, Pakis have a lot to catch up on and can only dream they can do so :hysterical:
As for Imran's Tigers we all know what happened once neutral umpires were introduced and the "Tigers" didn't have help from the likes of Shakoor Rana, Haider Ali etc. :hysterical: Didn't Pakis lose to the likes of Zim, Eng, SL at home and nearly lost to B'desh and only a cheating Latif managed to save them from that ignominy :haha: And as my signature states, Pakis have a lot to catch up on and can only dream they can do so :hysterical:
lol, an indian talking about biased umpiring oh dear lord :hysterical: kumble would have struggled to take half the wickets he did if it hadnt been for symPATHETIC home umpires. and no thanks pakistan would rather not reach the LOFTY heights of indian cricket :hysterical:, the only nation against whom india have a favourable record in test cricket is probably zimbabwe ?? not even that i guess:cantstop:, lets not even talk about one day cricket .:cantstop:
its there and thats part of game thats wht im saying no one plays at 100 percent always its not possible thats wht im trying to tell u these things are part of game some one plays badly, some one drops catches its all part of game and its all fair btw i for one siad this its very rare for 2 teams to play at there absolute best..so u should ask this question to urself i m saying that teams play poorly.. its normal its part of game u actually contradicted urself
We are back to square one... Please check where I started from, no ifs, buts, no scanarios, just kept it as simple as possible and just said... my 1 liner conclusion or overall impression after both matches will be: India played extra ordinary and won 03 match Paksitan played poorly and lost 11 match So what the heck is wrong if I feels that way?
Mashallah Dil Dil Pakistan :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:
lol, an indian talking about biased umpiring oh dear lord :hysterical: kumble would have struggled to take half the wickets he did if it hadnt been for symPATHETIC home umpires. and no thanks pakistan would rather not reach the LOFTY heights of indian cricket :hysterical:, the only nation against whom india have a favourable record in test cricket is probably zimbabwe ?? not even that i guess:cantstop:, lets not even talk about one day cricket .:cantstop:
Well it's not India who has struggled to win anything after neutral umpires were introduced? Before neutral umpiring Pakis' home win ratio was nearly 5 and it dropped to 1 :omg: Must be something to do with real Paki tigers like Shakoor Rana and Hyder Ali :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: As for Pakis' so called achievements, I am still trying to wrap my head around that one - especially considering the fact they have yet to beat WI in WI which even B'desh has managed to :cantstop::cantstop::cantstop: As for major tourney we all know what happens when it matters. But of course what is WC to Pakis when they have won such major tourneys like Kitply Cup :cantstop:

the_don ... dont get me wrong...Pakistani umpires were known to be patriotic... Imran Khan once called them 'Too patriotic to be umpires' ... and Shakoor Rana was a notorious umpire... BTW where the eff is this topic going... can't we guys stop talking abou whose d**k is bigger in every India-Paksitani debate... Fact is Pakistan was better than India in 90s n before whereas India is better than Pakistani team after 2000s... though current Pakistani team still plays better than our pre 2000 Indian team...

We are back to square one... Please check where I started from, no ifs, buts, no scanarios, just kept it as simple as possible and just said... my 1 liner conclusion or overall impression after both matches will be: India played extra ordinary and won 03 match Paksitan played poorly and lost 11 match So what the heck is wrong if I feels that way?
Nothing wrong at all. We are simply stating that Pakistan playing poorly had a lot to do with how India played. Your statement looks like Pakistan would have lost to anyone that day. What we are saying is that credit has to be given to India for making Pakistan look so poor.
lol...... ur the one who said PAKISTAN PLAYED POORLY india didn't deserved what would u call this?
As for major tourney we all know what happens when it matters. But of course what is WC to Pakis when they have won such major tourneys like Kitply Cup :cantstop:
so you telling me pak has never won a world cup ?? , well guess what pak has won both world cups and dominated other trophies in addition to a fantastic win loss in test cricket (real cricket ), oh and since you mention the westindies pak was the only team not to lose a test series to the invincible windies of the 80s in three attempts , a feat that is considered the best by pundits like ian chappel and geoff boycott , but wait you know more than them:cantstop:, not bad is it:winky:??
the_don ... dont get me wrong...Pakistani umpires were known to be patriotic... Imran Khan once called them 'Too patriotic to be umpires' ... and Shakoor Rana was a notorious umpire... BTW where the eff is this topic going... can't we guys stop talking abou whose d**k is bigger in every India-Paksitani debate... Fact is Pakistan was better than India in 90s n before whereas India is better than Pakistani team after 2000s... though current Pakistani team still plays better than our pre 2000 Indian team...
Don't know how you came up with this "fact" as we beat Pakis thrice in WCs in 90s. I have been following Indian cricket since earlrly 90s (93 to be precise) and I haven't seen any Pakistani domination of which you speak of.
so you telling me pak has never won a world cup ?? ' date=' well guess what pak has won both world cups and dominated other trophies in addition to a fantastic win loss in test cricket (real cricket ), oh and since you mention the westindies pak was the only team not to lose a test series to the invincible windies of the 80s in three attempts , a feat that is considered the best by pundits like ian chappel and geoff boycott , but wait you know more than them:cantstop:, not bad is it:winky:??[/quote'] we won two series against the invincible ozzies of the 2000s. talking of oz, pak have yet to win a match there in about 30 years. and talking of indies, u guys have not won a series there compared to our three series wins. and about the wife-sister thing it's a known fact, don't deny it. it was even in khuda ke liye.
dude i know , absolutely no doubt about the fact that pakistani umpires were patriotic , i know that , so do you and imran knew that as well , but i just posted ours and indias away record for the deluded ones who think pak won coz of umpires. and yeah unfortunately this thread has wandered way off topic and become another poRRKISTAN vs gayhind thread :haha:, keyboard warriors ftw.
so you telling me pak has never won a world cup ?? ' date=' well guess what pak has won both world cups and dominated other trophies in addition to a fantastic win loss in test cricket (real cricket ), oh and since you mention the westindies pak was the only team not to lose a test series to the invincible windies of the 80s in three attempts , a feat that is considered the best by pundits like ian chappel and geoff boycott , but wait you know more than them:cantstop:, not bad is it:winky:??[/quote'] May have won a WC but not as many as India has :winky: Plus Pakis have been India's Biat***s whenever it mattered :--D So let me get this straight - the biggest feat of Paki cricket is "not losing to WI" in a series and coz "pundits like ian chappel and geoff boycott" said so :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: As for your "many" tourneys, I have the major ones listed in my signature. Care to count how many "major" trophies you have? Unless you think Kitply cup and the Sharjah "Daewood Ibrahim" trophies as the real trophies :hysterical: As for India "choking" against Pakis... :cantstop::cantstop::cantstop::cantstop: