Pakistan: Most Successful ODI team of 2011

Asim

Nah... in 1st inng we did our best to score 270+ and that score made us too confident to win and in 2nd inng Waqar taking Sehwag & Ganguly in 2 consecutive balls moment was just like WE DID IT But the effort India did after that was almost unbelievable' date=' I consider it THE BEST chase india made vs Pak of my lifetime... I mean Shoaib+Wasim+Waqar at peak of their career and putting everything they had but still india managed to chase it comfortably, got to admire...[/quote'] That was one of the best ODI innings by master Blaster. Hitting Shoaib out of attack was icing on the cake. Didn't Shoaib make tall claims before this match and ended up eating humble pie :giggle:

u talkin about 4-0 in england asim?. I think it was 9 - 0 for australia i think (9 losses straight againt australia... even bangla would have done better:haha::haha:). No wonder IQ levels for our neighbors is piss poor. Proud of beating minnows and putting win / loss ratio...

nah... thats the point... usually a team playing poor naturally means other playing better but it was not the case here cz it was not good of india made us to play poor... Ind too played poorly... worst fielding by Pak, what "better" india had in that?
Do you realize that people are laughing at you and your posts ? Sent from iPhone using Tapatalk
So did Misbah became fast scorer now' date=' and did your fielding improve by any strech now[/quote'] i. Since then either Misbah played at better rate or otherwise his inngs did not have to play that crucial role ii. Yes we somehow definetly improved in catching area, now we dont drop 6,7 per inng, may be 1 or 2 instead ;) That was my opinion about WC SF match, already explained enough and I'd stick with that but yes you have the right to agree or disagree with it, 2ndly comparing 1 ODI vs 4 Test is agian "I" feel not a good idea... anyways... Looks like you just randomly jumped into thread, only if u had followed it from start :) Chill...

Pakistan the best minnow bashers in the world of cricket and they seem to have taken the title from Sri Lanka who themselves are minnows now.To be honest cricket world needs stronger W I AND PAKISTAN TEAMS, right now it is just Poms, Kangaroos, Indians, Saffers , everyone else is a minnow , A BIG GULF IN CLASS BETWEEN THE FIRST 4 AND THE REST.

@ Pak_fan_4_eva We've not lost at home in an ODI in a long time. South Africa in the WC, and that was very close too. After that we played England and won 5-0 and the score against W Indies is 2-0 currently. Of the 31 games, we've played 9 games in WC , of which 1 was in BD. so 8 Home games. The 5 home games against England. I think 2 practice matches before the WC and now 2 games against Windies. Thats 17 out of 31 at home. Thats ~ 55%. Not even parliamentary majority. PS: Asim, nice thread. :P

@ Pak_fan_4_eva We've not lost at home in an ODI in a long time. South Africa in the WC, and that was very close too. After that we played England and won 5-0 and the score against W Indies is 2-0 currently. Of the 31 games, we've played 9 games in WC , of which 1 was in BD. so 8 Home games. The 5 home games against England. I think 2 practice matches before the WC and now 2 games against Windies. Thats 17 out of 31 at home. Thats ~ 55%. Not even parliamentary majority. PS: Asim, nice thread. :P
Good post. But in perspective, we haven't played a single ODI at home, an advantage most teams have enjoyed. So that makes our achievement a bigger one, no?
Good post. But in perspective' date=' we haven't played a single ODI at home, an advantage most teams have enjoyed. So that makes our achievement a bigger one, no?[/quote'] Yes, it does. No doubt. And congratulations. Given the circumstances, its quite an achievement. No denying that. But all this win%, or win to loss ratio or number of cng to petrol taxis is not cricket. Its maths. I can put a poster of Sachin lifting the WC on my wall. Or of Zaheer running a victory lap. Will you paste a printout of win to loss ratio on your wall? Let me ask you a simple question: Suppose your team played 31 games and lost only 1. The WC final. And another team played 31 games and won only the 9 games in the WC (including the final), wouldn't you trade your win to loss% for that trophy?