If Sir Donald Bradman was born an Indian

CSK Fan

Raghav' date=' the world is awaiting your revolutionary "theory" where humans who get forced into playing cricket evolve errr 100, no, errrr 100000, no, errr 100000000000 times faster than other specimen.[/quote'] Sorry, was busy with some stuff over weekend. Also not much inclined to debate when you declare my arguments garbage without even reading. Also I don't know how to respond when my honest admission that I don't follow basketball is declared as my whims and fancies.

Read the below somewhere:

The last time I saw him bat was at the Exhibition Ground in 1954(6 years after his retirement) in a Testimonial match. It was a "limited" over match played over 2 days. In his first innings he scored only 18 runs but the crowds packed the ground on the following day just to see him bat again. He scored 80 odd runs in what I would describe one of the great displays of power hitting I have ever witnessed.If I recall he was only at the crease for about 45 minutes and the side he was playing against at the time was the then Aussie side.So from personal witness I can safely say The Don would have been "The"greatest ODI player of all time!
A good account from someone who has seen Bradman play, along with today's batsmen

More from the personal account: this time JBMAC is talking abt one of Bradman's knocks ....

I would have to say his 180 odd at The Gabba against the "old enemy"..ie England in 1946. It is the one innings of his that sticks in my mind mainly for a number of reasons.It was the first Test series played on aussie soil after the war' date=' at 10 even I knew the story of The Don,and like the rest of Australia it was "Us versus The Poms".Having said that I still recall vividly the first 50 or so of that innings being grafted and the rest exploding like dynamite.I have said previously that while bradman had the full array of shots he could play I always remember him taking a rising ball on the off stump and turning into a hook shot for a boundary. His reflexes were that good.[/quote']

I don't want to bring up whole set of analysis to state why srt is greater than bradman but I wonder how as Indians we would feel if people would down play the legacy of dhyanchand given the era and time he played hockey It is fair to compare srt with bradman and the evidence is there for everyone to see why srt is better but downplaying the dons accomplishments is just wrong