Android vs IOS

EnterTheVoid

I switched from Wave 2 to Nexus last month. My mobile is still doing well (2.5 years+)' date=' but lack of apps is the main reason I made the switch. Thought of selling it, but if I get only 2k, I'll better keep it :(([/quote'] so how's the Nexus 4 till now?

Very very good. But I still miss few of Wave's features (part of Touchwiz UI' date=' I guess) like swiping to call/text, camera quality etc. But the overall improvement is massive. If you are planning to buy one, no need of any second thoughts. Just go for it :two_thumbs_up:[/quote'] yeah, I'm planning to buy a phone this month and was thinking between nexus 4 & HTC One X. Almost everyone I have asked/reviews etc are saying that Nexus is way better so I have pretty much decided on Nexus 4. Which cover/case/screen protector are you using?

Google Launches Android Device Manager to Help Locate Lost Phones

It has taken a long time, but Android users will soon have a tool to help them locate misplaced phones and remotely wipe their data in case it’s lost or stolen. Today, Google introduced Android Device Manager, which offers several different methods for dealing with a lost phone. With it, you can set off your phone’s ringer at maximum volume (even if your device is in silent mode) to help you try to locate it. You can also track your device in real time on a map. Finally, it gives you the ability to remotely erase all your data in case it’s truly lost or in the hands of a thief. While this type of feature has long been available on the iPhone and Windows Phone devices, Android owners have had to use third-party apps like Phone Locator and Lookout Mobile Security to get similar features. All that is required to use Android Device Manager is a Google account. The native solution from Google is a welcome addition, especially as cellphone thefts continue to rise. According to a Consumer Reports survey, 1.6 million people had their smartphones stolen in the U.S. last year. There are numerous groups — the phone industry, law-enforcement agencies and legislators — working on ways to reduce the number of thefts. For example, last year, the FCC and a number of the country’s top wireless carriers launched a national database that tracks stolen phones and prevents them from being used again. In the short term, tools like Apple’s “Find My iPhone” and Android Device Manager can be good ways to locate a missing gadget, even if it’s just stuck between your couch cushions, and can give you the power to secure your data. Android Device Manager will be available later this month, and supports devices running Android 2.2 or higher.
http://allthingsd.com/20130802/google-launches-android-device-manager-to-help-locate-lost-phones/?mod=atdtweet

a question for Nexus 4 users - some people say that there's really no need for a screen protector with the Gorilla glass screen whereas others say that you should still have it. So, is there a need for it? As for a case, I like this one - anyone using it?
Got HTC Desire z with no screen protector..screen is perfect still now !

such conflicting opinions from everyone :confused: I guess there really won't be much harm in getting a screen protector...
see sand can scratch it..its nature of gorilla glass sand ,diamonds etc are harder than it so they will scratch it keys in ur pocket wont and normal usage even if u try to scratch it with fingers it wont but there is sand everywhere and once its on screen and u clean it screen will be a mess .

see sand can scratch it..its nature of gorilla glass sand ,diamonds etc are harder than it so they will scratch it keys in ur pocket wont and normal usage even if u try to scratch it with fingers it wont but there is sand everywhere and once its on screen and u clean it screen will be a mess .
yeah, I read this a few days back.

Actually once I was trying to scratch the galaxy s screen for a reason ( my own phone ).. I used knife , blade , needle but I couldn't scratch the screen.. If someone needs to protect the body then use bumpers.. Body can be easily scratched Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I tried it by scratching it against concrete wall.. Still screen was fine Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta