Android vs IOS

EnterTheVoid

what are the major problems with One X+ according to you? BTW storage isn't really a big concern for me - if I do get 32/64 GB in One X+, its good but I really won't mind 16 GB in case of Nexus 4. Battery wise I think One X+ is better than Nexus 4.
I doubt that, Sense UI + Fancy stuffs would drain more battery than a stock android. :dontknow:

what are the major problems with One X+ according to you? BTW storage isn't really a big concern for me - if I do get 32/64 GB in One X+, its good but I really won't mind 16 GB in case of Nexus 4. Battery wise I think One X+ is better than Nexus 4.
battery wise htc was the worst :hysterical: even now on stock htc one (google edition) u get one more hour of screen on time :winky: also tegra=power hungry in efficent slow chip

battery wise htc was the worst :hysterical: even now on stock htc one (google edition) u get one more hour of screen on time :winky: also tegra=power hungry in efficent slow chip
HTC one battery issue is fixed .. All the devices running 4.1.1 got battery issues Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

HTC one battery issue is fixed .. All the devices running 4.1.1 got battery issues Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
im on 4.2.2 battery is awesome ..but google edition give even better battery it just shows stock android is more efficent btw ur battery issue can be solved check xda...saw issue like this before with my tablet..

sorry but performance wise even on benchmarks nexus 4 will eat everyone .. if u want one x+ u can try it but its not polished experince also if stock android is boring just change the launcher ? im currently using action launcher :D
If you go by benchmarks, Xperia ZR is mostly in top tier on several aspects. Nexus 4 is nowhere close. For high end phones, all are great, little difference in bench mark you will not even notice on regular use. http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_zr-review-959p5.php http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_one_x_plus-review-845p5.php

HTC one X+ endurance rating 44 hours, Nexus 4 32 hours.

I find the minimalistic look of Stock Android very nice. Also, AFAIK it can be customized much more than ones with TouchWiz/Sense. Performance wise One X+ is also extremely good, isn't it? I'm just trying to get a view of the pros and cons of both phones :popcorn:
Like minimalistic design too and you can yourself make it minimalistic and customize.

If you go by benchmarks' date= Xperia ZR is mostly in top tier on several aspects. Nexus 4 is nowhere close. For high end phones, all are great, little difference in bench mark you will not even notice on regular use. http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_zr-review-959p5.php http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_one_x_plus-review-845p5.php
thats because the review unit given out to the likes of gsmarena etc was not the final unit which is actually sold to the consumers (don't know why Google did this). Obviously once the review version was tested, these websites/magazines did not test the actual production version once again when it came out but the new version has done much better on the benchmarks.

thats because the review unit given out to the likes of gsmarena etc was not the final unit which is actually sold to the consumers (don't know why Google did this). Obviously once the review version was tested' date=' these websites/magazines did not test the actual production version once again when it came out but the new version has done much better on the benchmarks.[/quote'] Still ZR and Nexus 4 have same SOC. ZR is better than Nexus 4 in every aspect other than stock android but you can yourself use custom ROMs to change that. Xperi's UI is already very close to stock android.

Still ZR and Nexus 4 have same SOC. ZR is better than Nexus 4 in every aspect other than stock android but you can yourself use custom ROMs to change that. Xperi's UI is already very close to stock android.
I couldn't find any consolidated benchmark for x+ or zr.. But check the below consolidated list.. http://www.zdnet.com/benchmarks-htc-one-sony-xperia-z-googlelg-nexus-4-7000014067/ IPhone 5 vs xperia z vs HTC one vs nexus 4.. Nexus 4 is better than xperia z in most cases and better than HTC one in many cases.. And don't forget we r comparing a 25k vs 35 to 45k smart phones.. I m fairly confident nexus 4 ll beat one x+ and zr fair and square.. Benchmarks r not a holy grail but in my experience nexus 4 is smoother and faster than s4 exonys version ( I tested this extensively ).. But I m a NOKIA fan and its build quality.. HTC phones r underrated.. HTC one comes closer to the look and feel of iPhone n NOKIA phones.. I would go for HTC if it comes with rooted stock android. Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

yeah nexus 4 with adreno 320 out performs galaxy s4 and htc one in gaming benchmarks cos of lower resolution screen good thing about sanpdragon600 is itsm uch much more power efficent otherwise in performance u will not notice a difference specially if ur suing stock nexus 4 which has 720p screen and very good software

I couldn't find any consolidated benchmark for x+ or zr.. But check the below consolidated list.. http://www.zdnet.com/benchmarks-htc-one-sony-xperia-z-googlelg-nexus-4-7000014067/ IPhone 5 vs xperia z vs HTC one vs nexus 4.. Nexus 4 is better than xperia z in most cases and better than HTC one in many cases.. And don't forget we r comparing a 25k vs 35 to 45k smart phones.. I m fairly confident nexus 4 ll beat one x+ and zr fair and square.. Benchmarks r not a holy grail but in my experience nexus 4 is smoother and faster than s4 exonys version ( I tested this extensively ).. But I m a NOKIA fan and its build quality.. HTC phones r underrated.. HTC one comes closer to the look and feel of iPhone n NOKIA phones.. I would go for HTC if it comes with rooted stock android. Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
I was talking about Xperia ZR which is 27K phone. Even Xperia SP has been topping some of the top smart phones in benchmark which is a 24K phone an then little benchmark difference is not going to make much of a difference in a normal use especially in high end phones. Here are the benchmarks. See Xperia ZR is topping nexus 4 in several benchmarks and even One X+ in some. http://www.gsmarena.com/google_nexus_4-review-860p5.php http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_zr-review-959.php

This is an interesting bit on the patent wars & why Moto-X is getting assembled in US

Microsoft was reported in 2011 to have told Samsung to pay it $15 for each Android handset it makes, claiming Android exploits patents owned by Microsoft. Samsung reportedly thought $10 more reasonable, and while the figure was never revealed, it did sign up. While the numbers aren’t broken out it’s a pretty sure thing that Microsoft is actually making much more in income (let alone profit) from the royalties it is getting on Android handsets than it is from Windows Phone. Putting the two points together into a single narrative: there are two methods of patent enforcement in the US. One is to use the courts to enforce the patent: as Mueller points out this takes a long time, is very expensive and even then isn’t all that certain. The other is to use the ITC: faster and it also has the benefit of being able to, reasonably quickly, enforce a no import rule on the offending items. Microsoft is making a great deal more money out of Android licences for its patents than it is out of its own phone OS, Windows Phone. And Google doesn’t pay a bean to Microsoft for Android. This is because Google doesn’t sell Android, rather gives it away, so there’s no revenue there for Microsoft to try and claim. Thus Microsoft goes after the handset makers that install Android rather than the OS itself. Now, Google’s bringing out its own handset (OK, Motorola Mobility,but that’s now owned by Google) that will run Android. This leaves Google open to Microsoft’s allegation that it is, now, violating Microsoft’s patents. At which point there might be a claim for some money. Which could come in one of those two ways: the expensive and slow march through the regular courts or the faster and cheaper option of seeking an import ban through the ITC. Which is exactly where the decision to assemble in the US comes in. For it’s Android that is the (potentially) violating technology. And if that is what is added in the US (as we all assume it would be) then there cannot be any grounds for an import ban through the ITC. Because the imports aren’t in violation, that’s something that happens after the import. Whether this is the sole and only reason to assemble in the US I doubt. The personalisation of the device possible means that Chinese manufacturing wouldn’t work very well anyway and there’s still that marketing opportunity there. But I’ve no doubt at all that, as Mueller points out, it’s something that has been carefully considered along the way.