Some memorable commentators quotes.

this was a good one: Tendulkar tries to cut Dilshan, under-edges on to his pads, and then is shown with his eyes closed for a few seconds, apparently in thought. Srinath: "I would go to sleep if I closed my eyes for that long." Sivaramakrishnan: "Is that the reason you got run out so many times?"

Mate (Rahul), none of those are commentators quotes. Tics, yours is already in the 'Best Sledges' topic. :wink_smile:
duh. right. thanks for spotting the obvious, mate. :P almost like saying that sidhu never said this: "It is said that when the ox scratches it head against the well and the Banyan tree grows feathers, then batsmen should insert a long-handled bat up their arse."

donny, how abt yr mate bill lawry. According to the wisdom of Bill Lawry, Batsmen just love a) being out in the middle b) scoring runs c) hitting centuries in front of a home crowd d) hitting the ball in general e) being in a contest Bowlers love a) taking wickets b) having them come out nicely Generally Bill-speaking, the players are aware of the rules, and that every game is important, and winning "the game within the game" is also important. Frequently, they don't need to look at the scoreboard to work out who is ahead, and don't need to look at the scoreboard to figure out who is out. Often they are disappointed after playing a bad shot or sending down a loose delivery, and when the captain stares at them long and hard, they know that there is nowhere to hide. They are often very relieved if after putting down a sitter, the batsman gets out without adding to his score. They all know you can't score runs in the dressing room, and the runs on the board is what its all about rather than speculation. Bill frequently gets excited when lot's of stuff is happening. Postscript: I think Bill's long experience in cricket is utterly invaluable. We who have never played test cricket would never have figured this out for ourselves. And Bill, to his credit, never tires of reminding us. i dont hold his rabid fanaticism for Victorians against him, which is not even a patch on Haysman's wonderful erudition for anyone playing for the Saffies.

This is one of the greatest spoofs enacted by Sky T.V ,Stephen Fleming and Mark Richardson. It created quite a flutter when it was released. People bought the spoof and thought it was real. ( A small background to this video before you see it - It was home test series between NZ and one another team ( which , I dont remember). Mark Richardson had just retired and had become a commentator. NZ , had for some reason batted very slowly in that test and Richardson had made some not-so-charitable statements about it while commentating. Now see the video) Q_o5MUJaBi0 The spoof causes so much controversy that Sky TV , Fleming and Richardson all had to later come out and give a clarification. TgmI-GdiSEE This was one media stunt , gone horribly wrong !

I didn't see it like that, at all. It was a joke with both he and Fleming seen laughing about it - shortly after. Maybe it's a matter of understanding a bit about the Aussie & Kiwi sense of humour. It certainly wasn't taken seriously here.

I didn't see it like that, at all. It was a joke with both he and Fleming seen laughing about it - shortly after. Maybe it's a matter of understanding a bit about the Aussie & Kiwi sense of humour. It certainly wasn't taken seriously here.
See the second video clip. It says it ruffled quite a few feathers.
See the second video clip. It says it ruffled quite a few feathers.
It was a big news here. This went on for about a week or so before national news showed the spoof. The print media covered it closely too. All said and done you can see Flem was not really convincing. Rigger was but not Fleming.
"Geoffrey is the only fellow I've met who fell in love with himself at a young age and has remained faithful ever since." - Dennis Lillee on Geoff Boycott. "Srikkanth is a vegetarian. If he swallows a fly he will be in trouble." -Sunil Gavaskar. "Pakistan is the sort of place every man should send his mother-in-law, for a month, with all expenses paid." - Ian Botham. (What do you think he meant, MP ?) "I've seen batting all over the world. And in other countries, too." - Keith Miller.
Quite clearly he wasn't recommending PAK as a honeymoon destination Beefy has had his issues with PAK but it's all forgotten and forgiven.