Perth Test Pre and during match discussion thread

Perth Test Pre and during match discussion thread  

1. 1.

• Yes - these guys will give Martin and Tufnell a run for their money
    • No - there might be a team out there with a poorer tail

Future of Indian cricket bleak: David Warner

After brutalizing India with the fastest century by an opener in the third cricket Test today, Australian batsman David Warner said that the visiting team's future is bleak as their youngsters are a long way to learn how to cope with fast and bouncy tracks. Warner harped on the vulnerability of the youngsters in the visiting team on fast and bouncy tracks and wondered where Indian cricket would go once the likes of Sachin Tendulkar and Rahul Dravid retire. "The challenge for India has always been how they perform outside. Everyone talks about bouncy pitches and how they approach it. When Tendulkar and Dravid and those boys retire in a couple of years, where is Indian cricket going to be. Are the youngsters coming through? They have to find way, come here and work hard and do well on green wickets," he said at the post-match press conference after first day's play. He said the third Test was all but over for India after the visiting team was bowled out for 161 before Australia replied with 149 for no loss on the first day at the WACA "They are bowled over already. We try to bowl on 5th-6th stump and they don't like leaving ball, they like hitting as many balls as possible so they are fishing and nicking it and that's what we have been doing," said Warner, who hit his ton in 69 balls and was batting on 104. "I don't know whether it's going to be 4-0 or 3-0 -- for the moment we want to get this Test of the way," he said. There was a bit of verbal exchange between Warner and Virat Kohli and Ishant Sharma towards the end of the day, and asked about it, he said, "Virat and Ishant said that once I come to India my averages is going to fall and it would be a different story. But I said it's probably going to be 10 extra for wickets here are livelier while in India it's flat. :cantstop: "It's not easy for us as well to do well in WACA. We get one game in a year or two, we don't know the bounce. I was telling that I have batted twice here and not got many runs." Warner was like a tracer off the block and he hit all Indian bowlers to all parts of the ground. "If the ball is in my zone, I go for it. If my head is still and balance right, I am in good position to score runs. In WACA, if you are aggressive, you can also get value for your shots. I backed my instincts," he said. Warner failed in the first two Tests against India at Melbourne and Sydney and he said it was because some doubts had crept into his mind over the state of his batting. "At SCG, 600 runs were scored and I missed out. It racked me in the mind. What did I do wrong? I got a good ball from Zaheer in Sydney and it does put some doubts in your mind, where your next runs are going to come. "I had the option of taking nets but I stayed at home and cleared my mind. Only just before (the Test), I last had hit for two hours," he said. Asked about his state of mind after he was hit on his head by Umesh Yadav when on 80, Warner said, "The physio came and asked if I had a blurred vision. I wanted to carry on and told myself I needed to keep watching it. "I have faced Umesh at nets in IPL while playing for Delhi Daredevils. He is very hard to face at nets for he never gives me balls in my zone. He keeps bowling bouncers. "Indeed I feel bowlers are at least 10km quicker at nets. You feel restricted at nets but it's different in games, there is breeze and open spaces and you don't feel restricted." Warner, who also hit a century against New Zealand at Hobart in December, said today's ton was the better one. "I would have said Hobart had we won the Test. But I came to WACA with doubts, I hadn't scored in a few innings. But I turned it around here. It would be great if we could make 500 and take the series," he said. "We have to get through the opening session. Zaheer is a threat to left-handers, especially with balls going away from us. You look to get through him and get release against other guys. Wicket here on day two and three actually quickens up and there is a bit more bounce," he said. http://www.indianexpress.com/news/future-of-indian-cricket-bleak-david-warner/899398/0
News is coming in of the discord and fight in the Australian camp at the end of the Indian innings. As Cowen and Warner were starting to pad up, Punter went up to them and said, "Look mate, I am going to open the batting today. I have earned it with my 160 test match experience. I don't want Pup to declare before I get a chance to smash another hundred". Mr. Cricket pushed Punter aside, "Pup is not a pup anymore, he is the DAWG. Just for failing to realize this, I am going to open instead and anyhow I am Mr. Cricket". Punter threw his glove at the TV and smashed it to pieces, which made the bowling contingent mad. Their leader Siddle threw a ball at Punter and said, "Mate you aren't the skip anymore. We were watching the best of Vinay Kumar on a loop to help us get over the next 2 days - it was being telecast on Comedy Central". Pup, sensing the discord starting singing the Australian national anthem and put on Katich and Lara Bingle on the speaker phone, said "WAIT ON! I am going in as soon as the anthem finishes". But by then Warner and Cowen had already stepped out in the middle. However, the fractious relationship in the team is likely to cause agony for them in the future against the 4 pronged pace attack of India.
:laugh:

series isnt even won and australians are commenting like they are no 1 again :P if anything they still have there problems batting is still iffy and bowlers are still breaking down after 2 games hilfy bowled well but teams like england would play him so much better honestly i dont think even australia has good future.. but they will be competitive

Man, even a rookie like Warner is insulting our team. How the mighty have fallen. Ishant should be worried about his own bowling average, it will be over 40 soon enough, rather than comment on Warner's average. Saddest thing about this is Warner used to look up to Sehwag but now Viru of late has been hopeless in tests. I think he should be dropped tbh.

series isnt even won and australians are commenting like they are no 1 again :P if anything they still have there problems batting is still iffy and bowlers are still breaking down after 2 games hilfy bowled well but teams like england would play him so much better honestly i dont think even australia has good future.. but they will be competitive
you are right.. pure australians dont know what its like to have good talent.. just look at india and their world beating ways :giggle:
you are right.. pure australians dont know what its like to have good talent.. just look at india and their world beating ways :giggle:
no why even bring india in this? im jsut saying even now ur best bat are ponting,hussey,clarke hussey,ponting on wrong side of 30's all the new batsmen other then marsh(even though he failed in this series) against better attacks of england,south africa just dont look good enough i liked khawaja but he throws away starts imo until australia finds atleast 2 good batsmen they wont be in top 2 sides bowling wise they are good enough fitness is concern but pattinson,starc, cummings would be deady in future
Granted our bowling has been rubbish, but the stroke play by Warner has been amazing to watch after the sheepish surrender by our batsmen. Australia have unearthed a gem in Dave Warner, thanks to the IPL and CL, who is going to play a huge role in getting the Aussies back to their glory days again.
:hysterical: :giggle:

the indian batsmen are never technically suited to bouncy track, its against their nature to play over the ball but whats more irritating to see is they dont even plan to play outside the crease to negate the swing,negate the delivery on good length by converting them to juicy half volleys,come down the track to flick on the leg side etc.... tbh the indian tests batsmen have been so monotonous to watch and they stick to the crease without moving their feet , every bowler around the world have understood, just pitch the ball up, rest the pitch,bounce,swing,batsmen will do to get out complete shambles :facepalm: