"England do not deserve the #1 ranking "

remember seeing this comment by boycott on bbc commentary, day 1 "I don't think Pakistan are a great side. I'm thrilled that they are playing as a unified front with no arguing or carrying on. But if I were sat in the England dressing room, I'd be thinking 'if we can't beat these we aren't that good.' They are an average team playing well together." guess what, ingerland?? you aren't that good!! LOL
Forget that Before the tour stated Boycott said he'd bet his house that England will beat Pakistan

At the moment England is no 1 on technicality the way India was [despite not winning series in SL, Aus and SA]. But it can be argued it is not a number one team. The way we were clearly not despite being no. 1. The points will keep fluctuation in the next few months and as such the teams at no. 1 points wise will change. But thats as far as the points are concerned. There won't be a period of domination that we first saw with WI and then Aus. In that sense we don't have a no. 1 team world beating side anymore. Right now all teams are best at home and shaky away in different conditions. WI, Zimboks and Bangars don't win anywhere home or away. Eng, SA, Aus and NZ can beat each other inconsistently at home and away having similar conditions in all these countries but they all struggle in sub-continent in India, SL and Pak [Middle east currently]. And relatively the same vice-versa where Indian subcontinent teams are concerned. Once Aus crashed from the top most teams are now even stevens based on conditions and their inherent strengths. India was at no 1 due to strong home wins and away wins against average sides [bangars, NZ and WI. That 1-0 win in Eng was real close as we won by just 1 wicket and that too because the umpire gave Sreesanth not out when he was LBW. But for luck we could easily have lost it 1-0 too]. Aus just got shown up by NZ at home and lost at home to Eng and SA and away to India but won 4-0 at home. It won against SA away. It's still in transition and it remains to be seen how far it can work from the current India defeat. So it will stay sandwiched in the middle between the top 3 and bottom 3 for a time. England has struggled again in sub-continent. SA looks better than all but have been inconsistent too. They have not clearly settled the issue either. I think the next contest between SA and Eng will decide a new no 1 for the year temporarily. But the picture will emerge better only a year down the line. No real champs at the moment who can win everywhere consistently.

three words: What the F**k! No.1??? What's this...a joke. I mean to be crowned no.1 and then clean swept in the next series by a 2nd tier team. Cricket is played in Asia, to be crowned number 1, test team needs to prove themselves in Asia. And England are looking a right bunch of baboons trying to understand the simple mechanism of spin. Maybe Sir Jadu was onto something during the one-day hammering.