I am buying a ......

maniac

that was exactly what I was thinking. 20k mAH for just Rs1200 - that has Chinese low quality written all over it. I'd rather go with something like 6000/8000mAH form a reputed company. Although, I don't know of any reputed compnay that provides a 6k/8k mAh power bank in India. if you are talking simply in terms of value for money then no phone, and I mean literally no phone, comes even close to the Nexus 4. I've been doing a lot of reading on it since the last week and sure, like all other phones, it has its issues (not a great camera, battery life - although that has been improved in Android 4.3, storage etc) but the real life performance (not the one shown on the benchmarks) is very fast and probably the smoothest Android experience till date (project butter at its best). And if the user is interested in customization the once again, no phone has this big a development community as the Nexus 4 so the customization possibilities are just endless. On top of all that there's the biggest reason - you will get every single Android update for at least the next 2-3 years and you'll get them as soon as they are introduced.
Apart from the stock android and it's impact in performance, SP is better than Nexus in many aspects. Look, touch, and build quality is better. And it's also 3k cheaper.

Apart from the stock android and it's impact in performance' date=' SP is better than Nexus in many aspects. Look, touch, and build quality is better. And it's also 3k cheaper.[/quote'] camera? prove it.. even xperia z sucks with its 13 mp camera look,touch are subjective and i like nexus 4 better :dontknow: build ?again have u even used nexus 4 ? and performance is not just bcos of stock android there are so many other reasons which u will only understand when u go to xda :icflove:

Water proof, More pixels in camera, 2 GB RAM in ZR 1.7GHz Dual Core in SP, compared to 1.5GHz Quad Core in ZR. I firmly believe that cores mean nothing. Would be better if ZR costs 2-3k more as you said, but It's 5.5k more I guess..
Sp 25K, ZR 28K. Sp's camera is poor. In terms of performance, both are neck to neck but ZR has S4 Pro chipset, much better than SP's. http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Qualcomm-Snapdragon-S4-Pro-%28APQ8064%29-vs-Qualcomm-Snapdragon-S4-Plus-%28MSM8960%29

Speed alone does not make for value for money. For a normal user' date=' like me, [b']good battery life and a good camera makes up for a value for money phone. Who has the time to do these customizations? I never even played games in my mobile. As I said before, in high end phones, you wont feel much of a difference in speed in a day to day use. Nexus phones are mainly made for developers and for people who wants to develops apps for android and that has always been the case with them that is why they never really bundle them with best camera in the market and usually build quality also has been cheap for previous nexus 4 devices. You can do as many customizations as you can even in S4. You dont even know about that that there are apps available to replace everything you have in your mobile.
As I said, battery life has been improved in Android 4.3. Fair enough. But even if you don't do any customization at all, you will still get ALL the official updates from Android. I just read that Samsung has said that the Galaxy S3 will get updates only till Android 5. It will be the same with most of the major phones of all major companies (except the flagship devices like S4 or HTC One which will get updates for a few more Android versions but even in that case many a times, especially with HTC, it takes a lot of time for the companies to launch OTA updates as compared to Nexus devices) but in case of Nexus 4 you will have the updates for at least 2-3 years and most users nowadays don't keep a highend phone for more than 2-3 years. sure you can do customizations in S4 also but Nexus 4 is at a different level altogether w.r.t. customization. As for the Apps, I do know about a lot of Apps that can customize the S4 but in the end the customization you are doing with most of those apps is taking you back to Stock Android type of a look - so when you anyway will be going to a stock Android type of loom with you S4 etc then why not go with THE stock Android device i.e. Nexus 4.

Water proof, More pixels in camera, 2 GB RAM in ZR 1.7GHz Dual Core in SP, compared to 1.5GHz Quad Core in ZR. I firmly believe that cores mean nothing. Would be better if ZR costs 2-3k more as you said, but It's 5.5k more I guess..
cores can fool people but let me try to explain you how this works nexus 10 has jsut 2 cores but those are base on cortex a 15 architecture and they out perform quadcore of last year like galaxy s3 and note 2 but qualcomm is based in krait architecture and krait 300 are both very power efficient and powerful (less powerful than a15 ) now im not sure but both these phones have s4 processor ? one is dual core and one quad ? i think difference will be big in long run.. the motox has dual core and its very quick but even it has problems while stitching up panorama (read in some review ) cores matter but question is do we need quad core ? :giggle: i bought one for future proofing this year we dont need quadcore and even dual core phones can work easily just like single core worked when dual core came at first..but after a while u will see the difference

As I said, battery life has been improved in Android 4.3. Fair enough. But even if you don't do any customization at all, you will still get ALL the official updates from Android. I just read that Samsung has said that the Galaxy S3 will get updates only till Android 5. It will be the same with most of the major phones of all major companies (except the flagship devices like S4 or HTC One which will get updates for a few more Android versions but even in that case many a times, especially with HTC, it takes a lot of time for the companies to launch OTA updates as compared to Nexus devices) but in case of Nexus 4 you will have the updates for at least 2-3 years and most users nowadays don't keep a highend phone for more than 2-3 years. sure you can do customizations in S4 also but Nexus 4 is at a different level altogether w.r.t. customization. As for the Apps, I do know about a lot of Apps that can customize the S4 but in the end the customization you are doing with most of those apps is taking you back to Stock Android type of a look - so when you anyway will be going to a stock Android type of loom with you S4 etc then why not go with THE stock Android device i.e. Nexus 4.
why would anyone want ugly touchwiz :wall: btw i jsut got paranoid android rom on my htc one ...(see how late it is compared to nexus ) but its here :yay: also its lots of version behind :((

why would anyone want ugly touchwiz :wall: btw i jsut got paranoid android rom on my htc one ...(see how late it is compared to nexus ) but its here :yay:
actually its not that ugly. It has some nifty features (especially the ones in Note 2 & S4). But still, its nothing compared to Stock Android. yesterday you said you weren't going to for custom ROMs on you One but now you have PA :giggle:

cores can fool people but let me try to explain you how this works nexus 10 has jsut 2 cores but those are base on cortex a 15 architecture and they out perform quadcore of last year like galaxy s3 and note 2 but qualcomm is based in krait architecture and krait 300 are both very power efficient and powerful (less powerful than a15 ) now im not sure but both these phones have s4 processor ? one is dual core and one quad ? i think difference will be big in long run.. the motox has dual core and its very quick but even it has problems while stitching up panorama (read in some review ) cores matter but question is do we need quad core ? :giggle: i bought one for future proofing this year we dont need quadcore and even dual core phones can work easily just like single core worked when dual core came at first..but after a while u will see the difference
CPU architecture as well as OS optimization are more important. Most China made mediatek devices are made of A7 cortex though they are quadcore but that is an old architecture. Similarly, OS like Windows does not need quad core or 2 GB RAM to work fluidly. It is bulld to run on 512 mb RAM and works even on dual core without lags.

camera? prove it.. even xperia z sucks with its 13 mp camera look,touch are subjective and i like nexus 4 better :dontknow: build ?again have u even used nexus 4 ? and performance is not just bcos of stock android there are so many other reasons which u will only understand when u go to xda :icflove:
Nexus 4 better camera than new Xperia's ? you must be joking :giggle: SP and Z lines have that exmor RS sensor, which is really awesome. I have used Nexus 4 and SP, ZL, Z saperately, not side by side, but i felt xperias have a better shots. Even the pictures they put up in gsmarena or other sites shows that the sony's are sligtly better pictures than most other phones. You have to see SP first to compare the build quality. Nexus 4 looks quite fragile IMO. better than samsung though. Stock android improves the performance. While Sony's interface is not much of a bloatware like touchwiz and htc sense, it's doing a light damage to performance. Both have adreno 320 GPU and the SP is almost similar to Nexus's quad 1.5ghz with it's dual 1.7ghz.. And talk about battery. SP's life is almost twice as nexus.

CPU architecture as well as OS optimization are more important. Most China made mediatek devices are made of A7 cortex though they are quadcore but that is an old architecture. Similarly' date=' OS like Windows does not need quad core or 2 GB RAM to work fluidly. It is bulld to run on 512 mb RAM and works even on dual core without lags.[/quote'] yeah..but at 512 ram it does no runs half of the games :winky: they need to update os quickly and allow quadcore as lumia 1020's camera clearly struggles with current software it takes ages to launch it lol then the screen..1080p should be allowed even if its not necessary for everyone

actually its not that ugly. It has some nifty features (especially the ones in Note 2 & S4). But still, its nothing compared to Stock Android. yesterday you said you weren't going to for custom ROMs on you One but now you have PA :giggle:
it takes literally 5 minutes to flash rom once u get used to it i have backup and can go back with just 4 clicks:winky:

nice. :icflove: I have this feeling that the smart phone development will be stalled for a while. I don't see them going anywhere with higher ppi, which basically wouldn't be a difference in 5" phones. Sure the tablets and phablets will improve like anything, but in phones, I dont think they will go any better than the current ones.

that was exactly what I was thinking. 20k mAH for just Rs1200 - that has Chinese low quality written all over it. I'd rather go with something like 6000/8000mAH form a reputed company. Although, I don't know of any reputed compnay that provides a 6k/8k mAh power bank in India.
You can get PowerGen/Anker etc. Some of their packs are highly rated by amazon customers. As always, you & these days myself pay a lot more than the Americans.

Nexus 4 better camera than new Xperia's ? you must be joking :giggle: SP and Z lines have that exmor RS sensor, which is really awesome. I have used Nexus 4 and SP, ZL, Z saperately, not side by side, but i felt xperias have a better shots. Even the pictures they put up in gsmarena or other sites shows that the sony's are sligtly better pictures than most other phones. You have to see SP first to compare the build quality. Nexus 4 looks quite fragile IMO. better than samsung though. Stock android improves the performance. While Sony's interface is not much of a bloatware like touchwiz and htc sense, it's doing a light damage to performance. Both have adreno 320 GPU and the SP is almost similar to Nexus's quad 1.5ghz with it's dual 1.7ghz.. And talk about battery. SP's life is almost twice as nexus.
SP has a better camera. it does not. It feels solid when you hold it. The back is fragile but you can always get a case. SP's build quality isn't bas either. Sony's interface is not even comparable to TW or Sense, forget about Stock Android. Nexus 4's battery life has improved with Android 4.3

Most mobiles use Sony made camera sensors, even Micromax Canvas 4 has a Sony made sensor, might be of a cheaper quality than Xperia Z. S4 also has this Exmore RS Sony made sensor, but hardware alone does not make a great camera, you need to make it functional with software too and that is where Samsung has done wonders with Exmore RS used in S4. It has the best camera after Lumia 1020 along with Iphone 5. Xperia Z was good but not as good as S4, but new Android update has improved it further. Xperia ZR already had better picture quality than the Z when it first came and it will get even better with new updates.

first of all twice the battery ? bullshit i have used it ..my cousin has it.. :winky: build quality? nexus feels like xperia z (the flagship ) ..again have u used it ? fragile again man its glass ofc its fragile...people who buy it know that.. pictures wise again samsung uses same sensor in s4 and takes best pictures in day light in its class same with apple but sony never optimized software properly so the picture quality sucks and is nothing to talk about.. and where did i say nexus is better at camera..its not the greatest but u make it sound like nexus has vga camera :hysterical:

yeah..but at 512 ram it does no runs half of the games :winky: they need to update os quickly and allow quadcore as lumia 1020's camera clearly struggles with current software it takes ages to launch it lol then the screen..1080p should be allowed even if its not necessary for everyone
that is a different issue.

Most mobiles use Sony made camera sensors' date=' even Micromax Canvas 4 has a Sony made sensor, might be of a cheaper quality than Xperia Z. S4 also has this Exmore RS Sony made sensor, but hardware alone does not make a great camera, you need to make it functional with software too and that is where Samsung has done wonders with Exmore RS used in S4. It has the best camera after Lumia 1020 along with Iphone 5. Xperia Z was good but not as good as S4, but new Android update has improved it further. Xperia ZR already had better picture quality than the Z when it first came and it will get even better with new updates.[/quote'] its the software..its still not that good whats baffling is that its sony's own sensor :hysterical:

nice. :icflove: I have this feeling that the smart phone development will be stalled for a while. I don't see them going anywhere with higher ppi, which basically wouldn't be a difference in 5" phones. Sure the tablets and phablets will improve like anything, but in phones, I dont think they will go any better than the current ones.
Dual boot mobiles will be the future and then new OS like Ubuntu, Firefox, MeeGo Sailfish, Tizen will challenge the old ones.