If there was a general election tommorow, who would you vote for?

King Tendulkar

If there was a general election tommorow, who would you vote for?  

1 member has voted

1. 1.

• Congress
    • BJP

I won't waste your time any further if you have faith in Indian democracy and it's judicial system - forget about others' date=' mainstream politicians like Laloo, Jagdish Tytler are walking around with immunity. Sukh Ram had [i']boras of cash unearthed from his home in full view of the media and the public - was he ever convicted? I am a fan of anything mediocre if it's Indian? I'll take that as a compliment because usually I am branded as an anti Indian on the forum. BTW, since I have such a strong fan following that you have been reading my posts since 2008 can you link a few which led you that conclusion? Faith in Indian judiciary! :hysterical:
Yes, you can laugh as much you want but we will have to keep faith in Judiciary. If people like Lalu, Mayawati do not get punished its not due to Judiciary but its due to the investigative agencies like CBI who have not been able to put a strong case against them. And we all know how CBI works in the country, Lalu and Mayawati like politicians are used by both Congress and BJP to run their gov and to blackmail them for vote in non confidence motions. If we are not going to have faith in Democracy or Judiciary to whom should I beleive, is it Teesta or Barkha.

I won't waste your time any further if you have faith in Indian democracy and it's judicial system - forget about others' date=' mainstream politicians like [b']Laloo, Jagdish Tytler are walking around with immunity. Sukh Ram had boras of cash unearthed from his home in full view of the media and the public - was he ever convicted? I am a fan of anything mediocre if it's Indian? I'll take that as a compliment because usually I am branded as an anti Indian on the forum. BTW, since I have such a strong fan following that you have been reading my posts since 2008 can you link a few which led you that conclusion? Faith in Indian judiciary! :hysterical:
As far as Laloo is concerned, he was chargesheeted way back in 1997 I believe. Also, Sukh Ram was chargesheeted long ago and has been convicted as well. Against Narendra Modi there is not even an FIR, forget about a chargesheet. In terms of purely legal indictment, the situation of Modi is not comparable with Laloo or Sukh Ram.

BJP wins hands down. Most popular party on ICF
Actually not only at ICF, ask this question in any other Indian-based discussion places, the results would be very similar. The online world certainly has a very different view than the large public. And probably the reason is at internet, there is more information and more solid debate. While the general public at large is fed the biased news at times and so a lack of information.

BJP wins hands down. Most popular party on ICF
Actually not only at ICF' date= ask this question in any other Indian-based discussion places, the results would be very similar. The online world certainly has a very different view than the large public. And probably the reason is at internet, there is more information and more solid debate. While the general public at large is fed the biased news at times and so a lack of information.
thats because BJPs support base comes mainly from the urban people and most of the online forums are made up almost entirely of urban people so BJP wins hands down in these polls. as for "solid debate" on the internet - 7 or 8 people discussing an issue in a particular thread/forum isn't exactly a sample size so I wouldn't give any weight to these debates.

^but Kangress is committing errors after errors so I don't think they also are in a good position.
but dont worry, BJP is good at scoring own goals:giggle: another 2 years left for congress to sort out their strategies for 2014 but not sure if BJP will be ready for that knockout punch

but dont worry' date=' [b']BJP is good at scoring own goals:giggle: another 2 years left for congress to sort out their strategies for 2014 but not sure if BJP will be ready for that knockout punch
thumbs_narendra-modi-1.jpg
Making Modi the PM candidate will indeed be an own goal. Same with Congress and Rahul Gandhi - Congress will definitely make him the PM candidate and IMO he will be their biggest liability.
:cantstop: do u think he will be accepted by the people outside gujarat as PM or even the other power hungry leaders in BJP
No chance. He campaigned extensively in UP in previous elections but failed. He also campaigned extensively in Maharashtra but BJP-Shiv Sena failed even though Cong-NCP had done a pathetic job. The biggest reason as to why I can't see him as the PM candidate is that many of the allies won't accept him and he will polarize the anti BJP voters. Also, whether he is guilty or innocent in the Gujarat riots (I personally think he is guilty), the shadow of the riots will always hang over his head and that will prevent him from becoming the PM - thats the truth, whether his fans chose to accept this or not.

Making Modi the PM candidate will indeed be an own goal. Same with Congress and Rahul Gandhi - Congress will definitely make him the PM candidate and IMO he will be their biggest liability. No chance. He campaigned extensively in UP in previous elections but failed. He also campaigned extensively in Maharashtra but BJP-Shiv Sena failed even though Cong-NCP had done a pathetic job. The biggest reason as to why I can't see him as the PM candidate is that many of the allies won't accept him and he will polarize the anti BJP voters. Also, whether he is guilty or innocent in the Gujarat riots (I personally think he is guilty), the shadow of the riots will always hang over his head and that will prevent him from becoming the PM - thats the truth, whether his fans chose to accept this or not.
I agree with u on most parts but i dont think congress will promote any one individual as the PM candidate before the elections including Rahul but if Congress does come in to power in 2014 and the others in UPA agree then he will become the PM

^for the last 4 or 5 years he has been projected as the future PM and the leader of the Kangress so I'm sure he will be projected as PM. The Kangress is still in the delusion that he is actually capable of being India's PM but the reality is very different and I think it will be too late before Kangress realizes this. IMHO Priyanka Gandhi would be a much better choice than this fake "yuvraaj".

^for the last 4 or 5 years he has been projected as the future PM and the leader of the Kangress so I'm sure he will be projected as PM. The Kangress is still in the delusion that he is actually capable of being India's PM but the reality is very different and I think it will be too late before Kangress realizes this. IMHO Priyanka Gandhi would be a much better choice than this fake "yuvraaj".
But again this is under an assumption that aam junta gives a damn about his or Kangress credentials. India still is by and large a feudal state or atleast one which bears that mentality. So Kangress can keep screwing up for another 2 years to add to previous 55, but really one last waiver of loans is enough to get the people on board. This is the mistake the BJP made. They should have sucked up a bit more to the rural regions. Having said that, Rahul will be our next PM in my estimation. Not to mention, we are screwed. India doesn't have a viable alternative. On a side note, bilawal invited Rahul to Pakistan. Couldn't help but smirk at the irony of that event. Both certainly have same aptitude.

But again this is under an assumption that aam junta gives a damn about his or Kangress credentials. India still is by and large a feudal state or atleast one which bears that mentality. So Kangress can keep screwing up for another 2 years to add to previous 55, but really one last waiver of loans is enough to get the people on board. This is the mistake the BJP made. They should have sucked up a bit more to the rural regions. Having said that, Rahul will be our next PM in my estimation. Not to mention, we are screwed. India doesn't have a viable alternative. On a side note, bilawal invited Rahul to Pakistan. Couldn't help but smirk at the irony of that event. Both certainly have same aptitude.
if the recent assembly election results are anything to go by then Congress is in for trouble. In Punjab the anti incumbency against UPA Govt was more than anti incumbency against the ruling BJP-SAD Govt and as a result Congress lost an election it should have won easily. In Uttrakhand also, they just manged to form the Govt but reality is they should have won that state convincingly. These results point to something very worrying for Congress - the bad image of UPA is affecting Congress now. Methinks Rahul can be the PM only if the UPA does not make him the PM candidate and they come to power. In such a situation they can give all credit to him and make him the PM. But if they make him the PM candidate then they won't form the Govt IMO.

as for "solid debate" on the internet - 7 or 8 people discussing an issue in a particular thread/forum isn't exactly a sample size so I wouldn't give any weight to these debates.
I guess my point is there is more concrete evidence placed on online compared with all the emotion bullshit and simply PR to attract all those "rural" public. If only the larger public had more and correct information, they would start making the better decisions.

The problem for BJP is the elections will mostly be fought on state issues and they wont even be a credible opposition to congress in most of the states to take advantage of Anti-incumbancy factor. And most regional parties which will reap benifit (like ADMK Communist SP BSP) will more than likely join a Congress led coalition after elections. So it probably another Congress led govt or a 3rd party coalition.Frankly a 3rd party coalition govt will be better than this congress govt.