Deccan Chargers - Official Thread

maniac

The top 5 teams in BPL are better than DC by healthy margin. DC chargers may have good chance to beat one of the teams In BPL we had a team named sylhet royals that lost 7 matches in a row though winning 2 out of their last 3 matches...becoming the PARTY poopers. They made things interesting at the last few days of the league stages Perhaps DC should compete with this team? Pappu's wicketkeeping, sanga's ordinary form, cameron white and daniel chirstian playing like locals, pathetic fielding, and some unknown trundlers will also ensure that Deccan lose even against the weaker teams in other tournament. They should play in zimbabwean premier league :cantstop:
yeah they did that last year... they beat MI so they were not able to crack the top 2, they beat PWI and KXIP too ending their chances... all these games on the road,

my player grades so far S Dhawan.......A+ Best player for DC, I think he might get the Purple Cap sometime K Sangakara....B Average form, but can't blame him for having bad management C White.........C Clueless captaincy in first game, no form in batting and inspiring no confidence D Christian......F Has to be the most over rated and over payed player P Patel...........B Made good contributions lately, considering his ability he is playing well JP Duminy......A In good form, dont know why he is batting behind Christian or White Chipli.............F No need to explain! D Steyn........A+ He and Amit Mishra are the only ones that kept them in the games A Mishra........A+ Must be frustrating being him, no one wants to catch the ball for him A Rajjan........B He at least played to his abilities but did nothing much of note Pratap Singh..B+ Needs experience but looks promising A Sharma......A Did well considering no one knows who he is, has a ver good econ rate MS Gony.......F 54 runs conceded in first game T Sudhindra..C+

my player grades so far S Dhawan.......A+ Best player for DC, I think he might get the Purple Cap sometime K Sangakara....B Average form, but can't blame him for having bad management C White.........C Clueless captaincy in first game, no form in batting and inspiring no confidence D Christian......F Has to be the most over rated and over payed player P Patel...........B Made good contributions lately, considering his ability he is playing well JP Duminy......A In good form, dont know why he is batting behind Christian or White Chipli.............F No need to explain! D Steyn........A+ He and Amit Mishra are the only ones that kept them in the games A Mishra........A+ Must be frustrating being him, no one wants to catch the ball for him A Rajjan........B He at least played to his abilities but did nothing much of note Pratap Singh..B+ Needs experience but looks promising A Sharma......A Did well considering no one knows who he is, has a ver good econ rate MS Gony.......F 54 runs conceded in first game T Sudhindra..C+
Imo, White has been the worst out of all of them. This guy is a batsman who just cannot bat. Christian at least has put some runs with his batting and can offer a bowling option. If anything has to deserve the worst marks, it is their fielding. Even Steyn and Duminy have looked bad in that department.

I think the positives from this IPL is that this performance may just be a wakeup call to the team management in picking squads for next year. Also despite having the weakest team in the tournament to our credit we have had close games everytime we played a superior team,but still doesn't take away the fact we lost every game :((

Dude Sangakkaara has been avearge....Even if the management is bad....it boils down to how he leads the team on the field,I would give him a c or d

I think you are simply not trying to understand. The point is DC have really not disappointed and probably over-performed. ................................
True that. I'm sure none of the DC fans are disappointed. Their current run has been an over performance of epic proportions. Second only to Netherlands's performance in the last ICC WC.

Me thinks the IPL should introduce the "I resign" rule that is used in chess. Whenever during the duration of the game, the captain of the team feels that his team is going to lose the game, he can simply declare a resignation and conserve energy and luck for the next game. That way we wouldn't have to end up watching so many shoddy performances by DC.