The Official Rajasthan Royals fans club.

Sir john

Yep. This is a balanced side except Sree's inclusion. Need to get Chavan ahead of him in dry n flat pitches.
agree. I will open the innings with Watson if you bat first though. Watson and Rahane are a good combo with Rahane being the foil. Rahane too needs an inning or two. Not had the best of time in the past 4 innings. But i am sure he will come good. On paper its a balanced team. Watson batting and bowling adds a lot to this side.

They are perhaps the best managed side in IPL ever. You consider the costs and the benefits. This side gives have the highest output per input. They still are no favorites for the top 4 but that's a blessing for them with no additional pressure.

Just one question to Slick : Have RR ever played the same team in 2 consecutive matches this season?
Nope. Injury was the main issue in the start of the season. They might stick with this team in the next game but if the pitch doesn't suit the pacers, they might drop Sree for Chavan.

It is because of Cooper and Trivedi's poor bowling.
How insightful! It is the same Trivedi whom has rated as one of the most under rated players just few days back. Both players definitely have their limitations but are more than capable of winning their team some matches. It's hard to substitute for these kind of players who do their job quietly well.

hmm Rajasthan dont have a good attack. But they have a handy attack. The thing is you never know which Sreesanth will turn up. One day he bowls an epic spell. The next match he goes for 20 in the over. Watson bowling though means it gives RR options with bat and ball. you also have the handy Binny who can chip in with cameos with bat and ball. So Dravid always has about 6 real options he can choose from. If somebody is having a bad day then Binny can try to complete the quota of 4. Thats sixth option is good to have. I think RR have accomplished their mission if they reach the knockouts/playoffs.

It is because of Cooper and Trivedi's poor bowling.
Name a few matches where Trivedi failed? He has been miles better than the overrated Shukla who was bowling pies to Hussey and co. Cooper won us a game in Delhi with some brilliant death bowling and it was hard to drop him until he failed in few matched. Trivedi did well in the previous season as well. Pankaj was pretty good when he got his chance, wasn't a fair decesion to sell him out. If there is a poll put up on ICF asking who would they rather have; a Tait or a Mcgrath, the result would have been an obvious one, the fastest of them.

Your hero Rahul Shukla is going at 10 RPO. :giggle:
Did I take Shukla's name? dont make things which are not there. I meant because these two guys went off the boil in recent matches has hampered their plans and exclusion of Cooper has left a void in their bowling which needs to be filled so they can play likes of Edwards.

Name a few matches where Trivedi failed? He has been miles better than the overrated Shukla who was bowling pies to Hussey and co. Cooper won us a game in Delhi with some brilliant death bowling and it was hard to drop him until he failed in few matched. Trivedi did well in the previous season as well. Pankaj was pretty good when he got his chance, wasn't a fair decesion to sell him out.
what rubbish? Shukla didnt bowl as poorly as Cooper and Trivedi. Show me one bad ball of him in that match. It was Hussey's sheer brilliance. Cooper and Trivedi bowled pies in that match. Full tosses and half trackers. In that same Delhi match, Shukla bowled as important 19th over conceded 8, Watson could not defend 12.

what rubbish? Shukla didnt bowl as poorly as Cooper and Trivedi. Show me one bad ball of him in that match. It was Hussey's sheer brilliance. Cooper and Trivedi bowled pies in that match. Full tosses and half trackers. In that same Delhi match' date=' Shukla bowled as important 19th over conceded 8, Watson could not defend 12.[/quote'] You could check the HL. He kept bowling outside off to Hussey where he is darn strong at. Watson was coming back from an injury and Shulka defended those 8 runs on a wicket that wasn't slow and flat as that of the Chennai one. He is a good bowler but as of yet T20 isn't his format. Even Yadav was filth during his first few T20 games and since the CLT20 in SA last year under the guidance of TA Sekhar he has improved immensly as a LOI bowler.