India vs England 2012

India vs England 2012  

1. 1.

• Yes, I feel excess money in Indian cricket system may have spoilt things
    • No, I think money has no influence on our Test side problems

Great fight from India today Okay, not quite the Aus of 2000 , ruthless fight, but a definite improvement over the last 18 months. Let us not forget, that this Indian team was the one that kept on succumbing to losing in Aus and Eng. Once it got onto that slippery slope of losing, things kept on worsening. Teams take ages to rebuild. This is the first step in it. If we were in this scenario a year ago, England would have been 250/1 by the end of the day, and the game would have been over. I know the test is drawn, and the series is lost, but realistically, that's the fair result. This team is so out of sync, it needs to first stablilise itself before it can go for wins. The medium term aim should be to start developing a team that will do well in SA, and to win against AUS at home. They should start developing a succession plan for SRT over the next year (it's only on here people think he should go), and a pace battery needs to be developed and nurtured. I'm not too worried with the spinners, I think they will mature and improve over time. Either way, I'm happy after being 80/4 we are still showing fight and showing the desire to win. For some of you winning is everything, but for me, I want to see an Indian team exhibit some fight first.

As if Ganguly wouldn't have behaved in a similar manner. It's easier to give judgement from behind a desktop. Not everyone is an SRT, and I would have got equally pissed off as well, if I thought it was a genuine nick. Want to see more aggression from the team. England could have bullied us out of the game at 80/4. Good to see some fight. They can win the series but they ain't winning this test.