Speed and Performance of Indian Fast bowlers in IPL

vishalvirsingh

I heard so many names before IPL started - Shami, Nechim, Aaron, Suyal, Awana etc. and so far the results have been under-whelming to say the least. Don't tell me the franchises are saving these gems for knockouts or latter part of the tourney. We only have 2 genuine pacers - Ishant and Umesh - but they need to learn how to be more consistent and learn to have a better control on their line & length. Other than these two there's Zak who won't be around for long and then there are retreads like Munaf, Nehra etc. There's not even a single half-decent option coming through at the moment which is a bit worrying. Forget pacers I don't even see a spinner coming through or even a mystery bowler like Mendis, or a pacer who has variety and can bowl yorkers/slower ones/slower bouncers/change ups etc. to curtail run scoring at the death. In effect we haven't unearthed a wkt taker or even a death bowler so far :((
:giggle::giggle:

I heard so many names before IPL started - Shami, Nechim, Aaron, Suyal, Awana etc. and so far the results have been under-whelming to say the least. Don't tell me the franchises are saving these gems for knockouts or latter part of the tourney. We only have 2 genuine pacers - Ishant and Umesh - but they need to learn how to be more consistent and learn to have a better control on their line & length. Other than these two there's Zak who won't be around for long and then there are retreads like Munaf, Nehra etc. There's not even a single half-decent option coming through at the moment which is a bit worrying. Forget pacers I don't even see a spinner coming through or even a mystery bowler like Mendis, or a pacer who has variety and can bowl yorkers/slower ones/slower bouncers/change ups etc. to curtail run scoring at the death. In effect we haven't unearthed a wkt taker or even a death bowler so far :((
Aaron and Shami are fast. So that's four which is four more than our gosht-eating neighbours.

And Rahul Shukla and Nechim. They both are playing in a team which is already packed with international bowlers. Regarding Sudeep Tyagi, he hasnt looked in any sort of rhythm in FC since coming back from injury and was down in pace as well.

And Rahul Shukla and Nechim. They both are playing in a team which is already packed with international bowlers. Regarding Sudeep Tyagi' date=' he hasnt looked in any sort of rhythm in FC since coming back from injury and was down in pace as well.[/quote'] You have vids of Shami?

Is sree unfit ( bcos of dancing is it bcos he has not played even domestic for 1 year) Where is He No Kamraan No Sudeep No Shammi and Aaron Captains are also Reserved- I ws surprised pleasantly to see Dhoni backing Yo Mahesh but disappointed why he choose Nuwan..... Mahes was. A HUGE disappointment for me Munaf has turned into a Spinner n may improve as a T 20 bowler but he won't get wickets in one day and Tests with this bowling.......... I do not wish to say that Fast bowlers are best n most conservative bowlers in t20 but real genuine forms of cricket are tests and One days and let me tell u NOBODY Cares for the results of these T 20"s. I am fine if we loose T 20 international single match but we win the One day series or tests abroad so we r looking for genuine Fast bowlers

I do not wish to say that Fast bowlers are best n most conservative bowlers in t20 but real genuine forms of cricket are tests and One days and let me tell u NOBODY Cares for the results of these T 20"s. I am fine if we loose T 20 international single match but we win the One day series or tests abroad so we r looking for genuine Fast bowlers
you are no different than indian selectors.watching IPL matches seriously to select fast bowlers for test team:hysterical:

Aaron i not a genuine pacer according to u?:omg:

Aaron and Shami are fast. So that's four which is four more than our gosht-eating neighbours.
Rahul Shukla is a genuine quick who can bowl high 140s.He is as fast or faster than Aaron.Abu Nechim is also very sharp when he's in full throttle & can bowl 145+.......So that makes it six:-Umesh,Ishant,Aaron,Shami,Rahul Shukla,Nechim. Plus don't forget about Pawan Suyal,Sudeep Tyagi,Ashok Dinda,Manpreet Gony, Parvinder Awana,Anwar Ahmed,VRV Singh,Pritam Das who all can clock over 140 & are in Fast-medium category.It's actually a good thing for these bowlers that they are not getting games in the IPL.If IPL does anything that it destroys bowlers confidence & the fixtures are so close that u bound to get injuries.We've decent amount of fast bowling talent in our country but the thing is there is not right people in the right place with good vision.That's why we see trundlers like PK,VK to play for the national team.

Thanks shebby for making us feel positive- But how do we measure them- we not Sure of all what's said above by you is your faith or realistically its true.... Only Varun Umesh and Ishant have kinda proven their speed and ishu is unfit n is in deep off form status Varun"s back needs time..... All others we need to see as last when I saw vrv bowling he ws bowling at 127K Last year when I saw rahul bowling on Tv he bowled between 127 to 135 I don't remember if I saw Shammi nowling So. Nachim bowled all his 16 balls out of 18 under 137K - only 2 or 3 were between 137 to 140 So seems he also slowing down Pk has slowed down Vk has bowled a few balls at 137 and all others are under 133 Mithun is missing Kamran is missing Gony is mostly under 140 - faster balls touch 143 even dinda is exactly similiar but Dinda is far more accurate So if I need to be true - I feel there r jst 3 fast varun umesh and ishu Others need to PROVE

Thanks shebby for making us feel positive- But how do we measure them- we not Sure of all what's said above by you is your faith or realistically its true.... Only Varun Umesh and Ishant have kinda proven their speed and ishu is unfit n is in deep off form status Varun"s back needs time..... All others we need to see as last when I saw vrv bowling he ws bowling at 127K Last year when I saw rahul bowling on Tv he bowled between 127 to 135 I don't remember if I saw Shammi nowling So. Nachim bowled all his 16 balls out of 18 under 137K - only 2 or 3 were between 137 to 140 So seems he also slowing down Pk has slowed down Vk has bowled a few balls at 137 and all others are under 133 Mithun is missing Kamran is missing Gony is mostly under 140 - faster balls touch 143 even dinda is exactly similiar but Dinda is far more accurate So if I need to be true - I feel there r jst 3 fast varun umesh and ishu Others need to PROVE
Pls don't judje them by their IPL performance.It'll be foolish.Nechim can bowl 145+ as we've seen him to do that in CLT20.Hae needs more confidence & oppurtunities.The diff is in CLT20 most of the 1st team players were injured & he was sure of a place in the XI.That's why he was confident & bowled as fast as he can.We all saw the results.Awana has bowled 140 in FC matches & picked up lots of wkts.Dinda,Gany,Shami all performed well.We've seen Gony & Dinda bowl & we'll see Shami pretty soon.As far as Rahul Shukla is concern I've seen him bowl in the Eden nets & he was a yard quicker than Aaron.Both were bowling on the same practise pitch. Tyagi is a skillful bowler with good pace & he needs more bowling to be back to his best.He was the top dog in the domestic circuit till 2010.VRV was selected in the Indian team due to his fast bowling capabilities.But then he faded away.He made his comeback this season after a long time.So he needs a bit more time too.Pritam das is a boeler friom Assam who played ICL & was spotted for bowling fast.I've not seen Suyal but heard that he was quite sharp too.Anwar Ahmed is a big tall lad who gets steep bounce at pace around 85mph.I was very impressed with Rehan Khan.He looked as quick as our fastest bowler Yadav in the video.I've not seen any update abt him. At this time we've 3 bowlers in the Fast category in the national team in Ishant,Umesh & Aaron. All of them are very young,under 25.So they are bound to get quicker & most importantly better bowlers in future.So like I said there is no lack of talent but nurturing them is the most imp thing which seem to be lacking untill now.

Unadkat was bowling a load of slower balls. He was trying everything he could not to be tonked. Not the best time to be judging his pace. I think it is fair to say he is a medium fast bowler at 125-135kph and will remain that way.