Speed and Performance of Indian Fast bowlers in IPL

vishalvirsingh

Umesh is not looking as impressive as he was in australia- I mean he bowled between 145 to 150 there and ws accurate , now he is between 137 to 145K so he is looking lil less impressive where as steyn has bowled between 140 to 155K and morne also between 140 to 147K Even brett lee also bowled 146 K so looks like Brett Steyn and Morne are bowling faster than Umesh where as I beleived Umesh cud be as fast as the three of them but looks Brett, Steyn and Morne r Good

Umesh is not looking as impressive as he was in australia- I mean he bowled between 145 to 150 there and ws accurate , now he is between 137 to 145K so he is looking lil less impressive where as steyn has bowled between 140 to 155K and morne also between 140 to 147K Even brett lee also bowled 146 K so looks like Brett Steyn and Morne are bowling faster than Umesh where as I beleived Umesh cud be as fast as the three of them but looks Brett, Steyn and Morne r Good
lol ...he has been bowling quicker then morne.. its not just speed wht i was impressed abt in first 2 games was that he was much more accurate thats wht u need in t20.. in tests its diff ball game and plz dont compare him with steyn.. he is once in thegeneration bowler and is very experinced yadav is no way near him

aussie spped guns are 5-6k faster than anywhere else in the world thats why siddle was clocking 152k :haha:

But Lee was still clocked slower than Yadav. Yadav is not trying to bowl too fast here which is evident.
may be he cant try bowling fast fro some reason... may be this is the max speed he can bowl effortlessly..and if he go above that he may not sustain for longer :dontknow:

lol ...he has been bowling quicker then morne.. its not just speed wht i was impressed abt in first 2 games was that he was much more accurate thats wht u need in t20.. in tests its diff ball game and plz dont compare him with steyn.. he is once in thegeneration bowler and is very experinced yadav is no way near him
i was just comparing speeds...Umesh is too raw to compare to great fast bowlers like Morne, steyn adn brett lee - all the 3 are great fast bowlers having played a lot and Umesh may not reach where they are today even after 6 years.

But Lee was still clocked slower than Yadav. Yadav is not trying to bowl too fast here which is evident.
where is shane warne's typhoon- Kamran khan i remember gayle murdered him once but that can happen to any bowler..i also knew that he was allowed to play and was possibly in Some IPL team

where is shane warne's typhoon- Kamran khan i remember gayle murdered him once but that can happen to any bowler..i also knew that he was allowed to play and was possibly in Some IPL team
He is in PUNE WARRIORS TEAM, hopefully he will get a chance.

We need to stop obsessing about Umesh's speed. It is now that he has to string the good performances together. I have faith that he can but we all know what his speed is. He averages at around 140kph, sometimes a bit quicker, sometimes a bit slower - it is stupid to make excuses every time he is below 140kph - it is clear to me that it just means he isn't in rhythm. He is not quite the pace of a primed Brett Lee or Shoaib Akhtar, but quick enough.

After he remodelled his action after chucking allegations, he rarely clocked over 130kph, iirc.

The retarded BCCI banned his action for chucking (some umpire in some Mumbai league). The poor lad had to change his action and now he is useless. ICC permits all chuckers anyway. He is contracted to PW.

may be he cant try bowling fast fro some reason... may be this is the max speed he can bowl effortlessly..and if he go above that he may not sustain for longer :dontknow:
He sustained 150k in Australia and was fastest bowler in CB series for all teams combined.

We need to stop obsessing about Umesh's speed. It is now that he has to string the good performances together. I have faith that he can but we all know what his speed is. He averages at around 140kph' date=' sometimes a bit quicker, sometimes a bit slower - it is stupid to make excuses every time he is below 140kph - it is clear to me that it just means he isn't in rhythm. He is not quite the pace of a primed Brett Lee or Shoaib Akhtar, but quick enough.[/quote'] Brett Lee was at his prime in 2002 at the age of 26, Yadav is 24, at the age of 23-24, both clocked similar speeds in tests. Watch Lee's speeds in 1999 MCG test.

Umesh in fact has bowled well, with control , he is not trying to bowl fast here, he is bowling to a plan.Pace wise he is in Steyn 's category, he is coming of injury and bowling smarter I think, he has pace no doubt, and is bowling better now in ODI'S.