ICC World T20, 2012 SriLanka

Feed

ICC World T20, 2012 SriLanka  

1. 1.

Some things to learn from Lanka Inspired Selections It takes some guts to select an unknown 18 year old in a WC squad.They did that and it paid off,we keep selecting tried and tested failures:hehe: No such thing as a winning combination in t20 They dropped Herath who performed in the last match,Just pick the team based on the opposition,Dhoni wouldnt drop Bala against SA:facepalm: Attacking Cricket J.Mendis and Mattews attacked from the word go with the bat,some thing our guys could pick up,ofc u cant attack with the ball unless u have some good bowlers so that is a moot point for us Do what u think is right,forget the rest of the world They found a loophole and exploited it,the Indian team wouldnt dare to even think of it

Where does it say spinner friendly pitches are not ideal :confused: That means any cricket in sub-continent is not ideal :dontknow: As I said what do you expect when team batting first scores 260 odd and the chasing team gets there with 5 wkts down. That's an ideal odi wkt to me.
I remember Mike hussey saying that Aussies thought that 225+ would be enuf to bowl out India after Ashwin bowled the first over which turned square to beat Watson's bat. That's not Ideal pitch for a QF. That too one side of the pitch, not both the ends.
I remember Mike hussey saying that Aussies thought that 225+ would be enuf to bowl out India after Ashwin bowled the first over which turned square to beat Watson's bat. That's not Ideal pitch for a QF. That too one side of the pitch, not both the ends.
Ideal pitch is not a flat, pancake wicket where bowlers end up being cannon fodder to sloggers. Those are the worst kind of wickets. The pitch needs to have something in it, either for spinners or fast bowlers. The QF pitch was a fine one. It was slow and could have offered some turn but it was also a good batting track, otherwise chasing 260 would have been impossible with 5 wickets in hand.