England vs South Africa 2012

But they still ensured that they didn't "short-change the English paying public". So sweet of them. If this ends up being a 3-0 victory (and it most definitely is), most Poms will stop coming to the ground. Then it'll hit the other extreme, eh Skull-cracked Berry?
Again, don't confuse the two. You can do well without short of match-practice too. Quite possible but anyways, you need to ridicule other parts of the article like blaming IPL rather than this point. FWIW, no matter for the result was (Eng won or SA won), South Africa were indeed short of match practice and it showed on the first day. It doesn't change that fact & a victory might have been observed quite early and you may have had a thoroughly demoralized English cricketer & fans alike.
i mean how much better can it get an innings victory whilst loosing only 2 wickets... i am not sure how they would have won if they had match practice.. innings vicotry whilist not loosing any wickets ?
I wonder your thoughts on the first day. SA looked a bit rusty especially their bowling - lacked "intent". Had they had match practice, they may not have been so. What is ideal match practice though? A state where you reach till you aren't "rusty". It's exactly what SA bowlers were in the first morning.
i mean how much better can it get an innings victory whilst loosing only 2 wickets... i am not sure how they would have won if they had match practice.. innings vicotry whilist not loosing any wickets ?
Has that ever happened in the history of the game? i.e. a team winning a Test without losing a single wicket? Forget Tests, has this even happened in FC cricket?

merits of a brave declaration i cannot stop being amazed at smith and his declaration. I wish other captains would learn. This was timed just perfectly. What is very crucial in these decisions is to get a fair crack with the second new ball. Today it was proven so well. A delay would have meant new ball coming with just 20 odd overs to go. Then things would have got too tense. Today they could bowl aggresivy with new ball because there were a lot of overs to go even if 2-3 wickets are stll left. There was time for a long spell from tahir in the end whicj was necessary.

But India wouldnÃÕ like that. Their idea of acclimatising to English conditions last year was one three-dayer against Somerset. And what India doesnÃÕ want...
How much complex these guys must be suffering from. To blame India for what SA did. Without preparation SA lost just 2 wickets and scored more runs than the combined efforts of 20 English wickets. Wonder what would have happened had they been prepared? :cantstop:
But it's not an innings defeat but a 10 wkt win though the winning team didn't lose any wkt throughout the game :hatsoff: Has a team wn by an innings without losing a wkt?
How much complex these guys must be suffering from. To blame India for what SA did. Without preparation SA lost just 2 wickets and scored more runs than the combined efforts of 20 English wickets. Wonder what would have happened had they been prepared? :cantstop:
Must have stretched author's imagination a fair bit to drag India into rustiness shown by SA against England :haha: These sort of comments or reactions actually show how badly these guys are seething that India calls the shots in cricket and they are nothing but puppets. I guess our take on how goras don't like brown people to be the masters was spot on after all :sad:
This is one of the best performance in history of test cricket. No code has to be inserted here. @Ultimate_Game : Check other two matches in my earlier post.
How I wish I see a Steyn in Indian colours in my lifetime :-((
Would love to see a genuine wicket taking fast bowler play for India :sad: While I am at it, make it two - I would love to see 2 genuine wkt taking fast bowlers open the bowling for India backed by a genuine pace based all-rounder and a wkt taking spinner :--D

England need a pitch which seams around but NOT too much of bounce. Steyn destroyed them in Jo'burg when there was bounce. Johnson did it in Perth. They might lose because SA have a good attack but it provides their best chance to win. SA's batting tends to collapse under such conditions as well. On a flat wicket, England's bowlers aren't very good. I hope that Onions is picked for Leeds. Perfect conditions for someone like him. Won't happen though. SA have dropped tests when they have had everything going for them.