Shah Rukh Khan thread

bulbul

What kind of an arguement is this? Kamal's ability to sing' date=' direct, produce, compose, write scripts, juggle knives, book tickets on yatra.com, bargain with his neighbourhood baniya on the price of sugar etc has [b']nothing to do with him being a great actor. Not denying that Kamal Hassan is a great actor, but he's nowhere in comparison to SRK.
It plays a major part in his acting. Kamal can dance, and sing. Meaning unlike other actors who have to be in sync with the singer. Kamal can sing and act along with the song. Very few actors can do that. Kamal is a multi dimensional actor.

Well, the reason I prefer actors like Mohanlal and Kamal Hassain over a Mamoothy or Amir Khan is that they act beyond the script. They don't strictly stick to what is written on the paper. Gets into the zone of the character in no time! Sorry to include Amir's name in the same sentence. :giggle:
oh, forgot to add that Kamal Hassan is aping Dustin Hoffman and Aamir is aping Tom Hanks in recent times. :cantstop:

It plays a major part in his acting. Kamal can dance, and sing. Meaning unlike other actors who have to be in sync with the singer. Kamal can sing and act along with the song. Very few actors can do that. Kamal is a multi dimensional actor.
These are not what makes Kamal Hassain a good actor. Even Hritik Roshan can do that. Acting is beyond these kind of sub-sub category. People don't praise Kamal Hassain's skills by pointing out his ability to syncing his dance with some sort of song. Lol! Whatever you post about Kamal are his showman ship, not his acting skills, which is way beyond what you are posting. His ability to create a character and sink into it without using the method. You clearly seems to have no idea about it.

:confused: I don't know what you are trying to get at. If you see the actors at their peak, in terms of acting talent Salman>SRK>Aamir If you compare their acting skills over the duration of their career SRK>>>Aamir>Salman SRK is also a lot more versatile than what people here give him credit for.
& When exactly that peak moment happened? Probably I wasnt watching any movies then (btw I know u r a huuge Salman fan so probably arguments wont work here)... Also dont u think for actors every today should be equal or better than yesterday as for as 'acting' is concerned? I appreciate Amir more than other 2 because he do a lot more justice with characters he play... SRK whatever character he play will always have an SRK impression and Salman hardly bothers to "Act", he remains a natural Sallu whether he is on-the-screen or off-the-screen... Thats just the impression I got for these 3...

What? Point out an example and please explain what you just said. :confused:
My point is, he was good at acting. He wasn't articulate or a star with natural charisma with the ability to draw in crowds. He was an artistic actor. Sure, he is popular in South India. But, because of these flaws, he wasn't popular in the whole of India. For example: Rajinikanth is a poor actor, but his charisma and the ability to generate style and draw in crowds proved to be successful not only in India but also all over the world. He also acted in Hollywood films. Not saying Kamal has this in abundance, but he is better than Mohanlal when it comes to this.

My point is, he was good at acting. He wasn't articulate or a star with natural charisma with the ability to draw in crowds. He was an artistic actor. Sure, he is popular in South India. But, because of these flaws, he wasn't popular in the whole of India. For example: Rajinikanth is a poor actor, but his charisma and the ability to generate style and draw in crowds proved to be successful not only in India but also all over the world. He also acted in Hollywood films. Not saying Kamal has this in abundance, but he is better than Mohanlal when it comes to this.
Fair enough. But I don't judge an actor based on his skills to draw crowds. He is an 'actor' hence, I admire him for his acting. And what exactly did you mean by was good at acting? I can point you out some very good performance from him in the recent times. If you ask me, Rajinikanth > Kamal Hassain & Mohanlal put together when it comes to showman ship and drawing audience. :cantstop:

These are not what makes Kamal Hassain a good actor. Even Hritik Roshan can do that. Acting is beyond these kind of sub-sub category. People don't praise Kamal Hassain's skills by pointing out his ability to syncing his dance with some sort of song. Lol! Whatever you post about Kamal are his showman ship, not his acting skills, which is way beyond what you are posting. His ability to create a character and sink into it without using the method. You clearly seems to have no idea about it.
I clearly know what is Kamal's style of acting. What I meant was, Kamal could just act into a flow without much difficulty. He didn't even need lines. Even if he was sick, he could still act easily. He is like the Mohammad Rafi of acting. Rafi could sing so easily, without much difficulty. Same way, Kamal could act so easily. I know his style of acting. I have met Kamal a few times. His style of acting cannot be explained properly. It is an unorthodox and unconventional style of acting.

Fair enough. But I don't judge an actor based on his skills to draw crowds. He is an 'actor' hence' date=' I admire him for his acting. And what exactly did you mean by [b']was good at acting? I can point you out some very good performance from him in the recent times. If you ask me, Rajinikanth > Kamal Hassain & Mohanlal put together when it comes to showman ship and drawing audience. :cantstop:
I am not talking about the present. I am talking about his past performances. I know he can still act. But he was obviously delivered better in his earlier days.

I clearly know what is Kamal's style of acting. What I meant was, Kamal could just act into a flow without much difficulty. He didn't even need lines. Even if he was sick, he could still act easily. He is like the Mohammad Rafi of acting. Rafi could sing so easily, without much difficulty. Same way, Kamal could act so easily. I know his style of acting. I have met Kamal a few times. His style of acting cannot be explained properly. It is an unorthodox and unconventional style of acting.
And that makes him the best actor in the world? Its not a fact, its your opinion. I like Mohanlal's style of acting and if you take Mani Ratnam's words as worthy enough, he would point out how easy he made it for him in Iruvar and how the crowd during the shooting thought it was MGR himself acting. But I don't like to make my opinion a fact. The actor I most admire is Al Pacino, but the one I believe to be the best in the world is Day Lewis. There's the difference.

If you think Kamal Hasan is No.1 actor in the world, you need to watch more movies. He is a decent actor but vastly overrated by his fans who dont have knowledge of good cinema. I can name a whole bunch of actors in India itself who are better than him and can run circles around him when it comes to acting.

I am not talking about the present. I am talking about his past performances. I know he can still act. But he was obviously delivered better in his earlier days.
There were plenty of roles to deliver in the 80s and 90s. Nothing much has changed since then. And aging changed any actor.

If you think Kamal Hasan is No.1 actor in the world' date=' you need to watch more movies. He is a decent actor but vastly overrated by his fans who dont have knowledge of good cinema. I can name a whole bunch of actors in India itself who are better than him.[/quote'] I never said he is the best in the world. I said he along with few actors are the best in the world. There are actors as good as Kamal, but not better than him.

And that makes him the best actor in the world? Its not a fact, its your opinion. I like Mohanlal's style of acting and if you take Mani Ratnam's words as worthy enough, he would point out how easy he made it for him in Iruvar and how the crowd during the shooting thought it was MGR himself acting. But I don't like to make my opinion a fact. The actor I most admire is Al Pacino, but the one I believe to be the best in the world is Day Lewis. There's the difference.
Have you seen Nayagan? Even I like Al Pacino.

I never said he is the best in the world. I said he along with few actors are the best in the world. There are actors as good as Kamal, but not better than him.
You cant be serious. :cantstop: Kamal is nowhere near the league of best actors in the world. Watch movies made outside Kollywood sometimes. :cantstop:

I never said he is the best in the world. I said he along with few actors are the best in the world. There are actors as good as Kamal, but not better than him.
You did, and you went hellbent with it. :giggle: Here-
Trust me. No actor in the world, let alone India can match the versatility of Kamal. That guy could act, cry, dance, laugh, do comedy, play the villainous role, play multiple roles, fight(he underwent martial arts training), sing, direct, produce, compose, write scripts, etc. There are plenty of great actors in India and around the world. But none of them have the all round ability of Kamal.

Kamalhassan enforces acting, Mohanlal does method acting. Both these guys come from stage acting, where you have to magnify expressions to reach audience. Of course both these guys are better than the wodden face SRK or angsty wangsty Aamir and most others we get in recent times, but they are past their prime. Kamalhassan recently is all about himself, so most of his movies has him literally chewing the scene. Mohan lal remained a purist, which makes him a better actor and more likable. Kamalhassan might be one of the best if he stopped acting after 1995. :giggle: