Indian Cricket League (ICL) related thread

arrey..if razzaq cant make the 20-20 squad (format that suits him).. how will he make the odi's and test squad now? he is finished..same with mahammod and inzi.. farhat got dropped..i remember reading his father doing the starving thing, untiil his son is recalled again :rolleyes:

hmm not really.. u can't say about pak and its players.. they finished inzamamz career i think after 03 world cup.. and pak had the whole new young team.. but then inzi came to the team again and that too as a captain right away.. against bangladesh.. they keep bringing.. keep righting them off easily.. u just don't know.. its highly unpredictable what will happen later...

Even as the number of first-class cricketers joining the ICL is increasing, the BCCI began making its moves in Mumbai on Sunday. More... BCCI ups the ante TNN MUMBAI, August 19: Even as the number of first-class cricketers joining the Indian Cricket League (ICL) is increasing, the BCCI began making its moves in Mumbai on Sunday. On the face of it, the Board is unconcerned about the happenings in ICL, but there is concern in the ranks. ‘‘It is also an indication of the discontent in certain state associations,’’ remarked a senior official referring to the Hyderabad example. Those putting up a brave front commented, ‘‘if they want to go, let them go. The players are responsible for any decision they take.’’ In a related development, the Board announced enhanced consolidated player emoluments for the 2006-07 season. The Board at its finance committee meeting, held on Sunday, also calculated Rs 231.64 crore as surplus for the 2006-07 season. That meant an average first-class player would earn Rs 25,000 per match day for the season for all senior domestic tournaments, distributed as per the 10.5% stake in Board earnings. The Board’s annual general meeting (AGM) scheduled for next month meant that these earnings had to computed now. But it can still be construed as an attempt to hold back fence-sitters. The Board pays Rs 4,000 per match day upfront in a season. The players would now additionally get Rs 21,000 per day making it a total of Rs 80,000-Rs 85,000 per first class match. So, for a player from a team like Mumbai which won both the Ranji and the one-day Premier Cup, it means a cash bonanza of nearly Rs 10-15 lakhs. Add the zonal tournaments like Deodhar and Duleep Trophies and the players are set to earn some more, but with retrospective effect. The Board projected earnings for the 2007-08 season is expected to increase further which means an average first-class player could earn Rs 35,000 per match day with the cash component increasing to Rs 10,000. THEN & NOW * Players have already received Rs 4000 per match day last season * Additional Rs 21,000 per match day to be given with retrospective effect * Total match earnings for 2006-07: Rs 80,000-Rs 85,000 * Projected earnings for 2007-08: Rs 10,000 per match day advance * Projected match earnings for 2007-08: Rs 1 lakh-Rs 1,10,000

That meant an average first-class player would earn Rs 25,000 per match day for the season for all senior domestic tournaments, distributed as per the 10.5% stake in Board earnings
Does anyone believe that?? I don't, nor will the players. This means that the match fee for a four day Ranji match would be a lakh?? And a test player gets less than 2 lakhs as match fee. This is rubbish!

I am sure the boards will change their position in the future.. A break away league is a good opportunity for domestic cricketers.. but I am not sure how 20-20 format will promote the level of play of the players. If they could include at least the 50 over format it would have been better.. I also read a random new article which said that laloo prasad yadav is fully supporting ICL and he will allow them to play on the grounds controlled by the railways