Quote of the day - Ravi Shastri

King

One of the best what ? One too many what ? Beer, presumably. I don't drink beer. If you think RS is one of the best, you either haven't heard much cricket commentary or you are easily pleased. I've particularly noticed Atherton trying to stir himinto saying something even mildly interesting but it just goes over Ravi's head. Hasn't got an ounce of humour and just states the obvious.
Atherton and mildly interesting are oxymoron ! Anyways , humor is overrated. Ravi is one of the best commentator in my opinion . He is impartial and erudite and contrary to what you say , he does provide excellent analysis.
I have just made a mere observation that rival team spectators also appreciate Shastri's neutrality ' date=' impartiality and excellent analysis when commentating .[/quote'] "rival team spectators" ? With respect, k_r, you can't really speak for those thousands, maybe millions, of people.
However, knowing his cricket is only the first requisite of being a good commentator.
True. The first, and in my opinion most important, requisite for being a good commentator is for a person to keep silent unless he can add to the proceedings, be it on radio or television. This is where Shastri scores. He doesnt say things that set you thinking, "Hey I know that already, why are you getting paid to say it?". xx