The Narendra Modi thread

1983-2011

The Narendra Modi thread  

6 members have voted

1. 1.

But he isn't endorsing a label' date=' unless this was a publicity stunt for a new clothing line he is launching. Also, should a PM be spending time starting up a clothing line or even spend time endorsing one.[/quote'] Never knew Tendulkar each time he went for a bat, was doing publicity stunt. Come on mate. As bulbul said above, his clothes were paid for by the designer and he didn't have to "spend time" endorsing it really - he just wore it - he didn't go upto the cameras and showed them the design nor the label, it was pretty much illegible for a man of normal vision even from 3 feet.

Campaigns like Ghar-Wapsi' date=' raising issues like Love-Jihad, statements by MoS Jyothi, making the likes of Sanjiv Balyan Central Ministers, trying to celebrate the 126th anniversary of Raja Mahendra Pratap in AMU Campus (even though they had never had anything at all to do with him earlier...in fact he had even defeated AtalJi in Lok Sabha election), forcing all students to perform Saraswati Puja in Gujarat to name just a few.[/quote'] ghar wapsi - so no conversions have happened before that, I see. love jihad - hardly an issue raised post Modi got into power. Was an issue about 3-4 yrs back in Kerala - the then CM , a communist guy, ordering a formal enquiry and even attesting to it as an issue MOS Jyothi - acknowledged, apologised and chastised. Raja Mahendra Pratap - Just because the said guy was not of BJP, are they not permitted to celebrate his birthday? Saraswati Puja - Already discussed to death in the other thread. Jeez, if the above issues are "hardcore communal" issues for you, then I think India is communally a harmonious country. Say how many riots happened due to above issues?

ghar wapsi - so no conversions have happened before that, I see. love jihad - hardly an issue raised post Modi got into power. Was an issue about 3-4 yrs back in Kerala - the then CM , a communist guy, ordering a formal enquiry and even attesting to it as an issue MOS Jyothi - acknowledged, apologised and chastised. Raja Mahendra Pratap - Just because the said guy was not of BJP, are they not permitted to celebrate his birthday? Saraswati Puja - Already discussed to death in the other thread. Jeez, if the above issues are "hardcore communal" issues for you, then I think India is communally a harmonious country. Say how many riots happened due to above issues?
I am talking of the worsening communal situation, not communal riots.

I am talking of the worsening communal situation' date=' not communal riots.[/quote'] None of those present any indication of communal situation having "worsened" significantly dude. Ieg - Ghar Wapsi - while in no way connected to govt, it was a reconversion drive, in the same way hundreds of conversions happen from hinduism to other religions. I am wondering how a reconversion drive to hinduism, that too voluntary suddenly is considered as an example of worsening communcal situation. Love Jihad is another example - its been there for 3-4 yrs at least. Not something which came up suddenly. I've seen enough and plenty in kerala only. The rest are all too insignificant. We are a people of 1 billion macha, and there are bound to be skirmishes. Heck, I can show Saraswati Puja equivalents from my own village in Kerala. During Ramadan time schoolchildren of even other religions were not permitted to take food or water and in school lest they disturb other children. In another instance, miscreants hung a buffallo head in a hindu temple in a neighbouring district of mine last year - both incidents politically motivated and occuring in a small sample size. These things happen. Media, for lack of major issues, or due to vested interests, blowed up these things out of proportion in the current instance. Best example is the Raja Mahendra Pratap issue - BJP campaigned to celebrate his birthday - which by no means was a bad thing - for he contributed a lot to the Aligarh university. The issue was legitimate.

"Can you please point to a post of mine where I used 'should' to what Modi said but you have attributed?" Again, what exactly are you saying/asking of me here? Can you please rephrase your sentence? Also, can you please tell me what part of: “Kriya pratikriya ki chain chal rahi hai. Hum chhate hain ki na kriya ho aur na pratikriya” makes Modi a jaahil?
I am asking you where did I claim that Modi said 'should'. Look up post 8241 where you are asking me about the validity of a translation and statement I never proclaimed.

Campaigns like Ghar-Wapsi' date=' raising issues like Love-Jihad, statements by MoS Jyothi, making the likes of Sanjiv Balyan Central Ministers, trying to celebrate the 126th anniversary of Raja Mahendra Pratap in AMU Campus (even though they had never had anything at all to do with him earlier...in fact he had even defeated AtalJi in Lok Sabha election), forcing all students to perform Saraswati Puja in Gujarat to name just a few.[/quote'] 1) were conversions not happening before Modi ? I would infact argue why are forced conversion in Kerala also not being stopped. Yes, those are not Ghar wapasi conversions and not highlighted by media. 2) please check out the term "love jihad". It is not an issue raised by BJP first in UP. It's origin is in Kerala. So, this was also there before Modi 3)Sanjiv Balyan is not convicted. Perhaps, you have never understood the difference between alleged and convicted. But I grant you. For some, it can be perceived as controversial. 4)Guj govt is clearly wrong in this directive. But nobody is "forcing" the students to do puja 5) On AMU, I have nothing to add. So, even if consider all your points as valid, all it says that certain events, actions or selections can be perceived as communal. But your assertion is that India's communal tension has gone up in last 9 months. How do you assess this ? How many riots have taken place in last 9 months compared to before ? At the end of day, we need to go by what we can ground reality.

I am asking you where did I claim that Modi said 'should'. Look up post 8241 where you are asking me about the validity of a translation and statement I never proclaimed.
Then what is it, exactly, about Modi's statement, that make him a jaahil? Can you please subject us to your rationale?

Campaigns like Ghar-Wapsi' date=' raising issues like Love-Jihad, statements by MoS Jyothi, making the likes of Sanjiv Balyan Central Ministers, trying to celebrate the 126th anniversary of Raja Mahendra Pratap in AMU Campus (even though they had never had anything at all to do with him earlier...in fact he had even defeated AtalJi in Lok Sabha election), forcing all students to perform Saraswati Puja in Gujarat to name just a few.[/quote'] So, now you have joined the sickular band. :cantstop: And you say that you support BJP. So, what is your view on the Ram Rath Yatra undertaken by your beloved LK Advani in 1990? :hmmm:

"There was a storm over the environment ministry and all files were blocked. No file was moving without money. We had heard of income' date=' sales and excise taxes but for the first time, we heard about a [b']Jayanthi tax in Delhi without which nothing was moving. "Till the time that was not paid, files could not be moved in the environment ministry. I have never experienced it myself as I never need it but we are shocked over this. What kind of systems they have developed," the BJP prime ministerial candidate said during a rally in Panaji. http://www.hindustantimes.com/specials/coverage/myindia-myvote/chunk-ht-ui-myindiamyvote-countdownto2014/natarajan-slams-modi-s-jayanthi-tax-remark/sp-article10-1172219.aspx So where is the prima facie evidence for Jayanthi Natarajan asking for money?
bumpety bump

Then what is it' date=' exactly, about Modi's statement, that make him a jaahil? Can you please subject us to your rationale?[/quote'] I have and will do it again. Can you acknowledge that you attributed a statement to me which I never made, thereby self proclaimiming yourself as a jaahil?

Yea, fine. I'm a maha jaahil. Now please, your rationale.
Modi made that statement when his state was burning with one of the worst communal riots. There is no action-reaction in most communal riots. The fact that he could not (or pretended not to) see it coming demonstrates oversight at the least, active involvement at the worse, and a combination of the two on average. There is simply no way that 1000 people can be killed and 250k + rendered homeless without the involvement of the local government. Even the Muzzafarnagar riots stopped at 100 dead and tens of thousands displacements.

Modi made that statement when his state was burning with one of the worst communal riots. There is no action-reaction in most communal riots. The fact that he could not (or pretended not to) see it coming demonstrates oversight at the least' date= active involvement at the worse, and a combination of the two on average. There is simply no way that 1000 people can be killed and 250k + rendered homeless without the involvement of the local government. Even the Muzzafarnagar riots stopped at 100 dead and tens of thousands displacements.
Are these words of a grown adult? That right there, the bolded bit of your post, is the biggest pile of pure unadulterated BS I've ever read. If we are thinking of the same riots, 250 odd Hindus also died. How did that happen if there was no chain of action-reaction? If you deny that there was no chain of action-reaction, you are either being unintentionally delusional or intentionally deceitful. I'm inclined to think the latter.

Modi made that statement when his state was burning with one of the worst communal riots. There is no action-reaction in most communal riots. The fact that he could not (or pretended not to) see it coming demonstrates oversight at the least' date= active involvement at the worse, and a combination of the two on average. There is simply no way that 1000 people can be killed and 250k + rendered homeless without the involvement of the local government. Even the Muzzafarnagar riots stopped at 100 dead and tens of thousands displacements.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: One more to the hall of fame of Liztardisms.