Why do Southie movies have Northie heroines?

Prakat

For me, acting skills are more important than looks. But most of the general public (the youth esp.) want to see fair skinned heroines on the big screen and if they can act well, it's just a bonus for them. Moreover, most of the Tamil movies still follow the same old formula - 5 songs, 4 fights, a few 'punch' dialogues and a family photo at the end. There really is no scope for acting for heroines, as the hero carries the entire film on his shoulders :phehehe: I don't really care who acts in such movies. South has produced some wonderful heroines (in terms of acting). Revathy, Saritha, Urvashi, Amala, Mamta Mohandas, Meera Jasmine, Anjali to name a few. Importing Northie heroines is mainly due to the looks rather than dearth of talent in South. PS: Kajal Agarwal, Shriya Saran, Hansika Motwami can't F'king act even if their lives depended on it (which is literally speaking). Presently, Anuska Shetty is the only Narthie South actress who can act.

For me, acting skills are more important than looks. But most of the general public (the youth esp.) want to see fair skinned heroines on the big screen and if they can act well, it's just a bonus for them. Moreover, most of the Tamil movies still follow the same old formula - 5 songs, 4 fights, a few 'punch' dialogues and a family photo at the end. There really is no scope for acting for heroines, as the hero carries the entire film on his shoulders :phehehe: I don't really care who acts in such movies. South has produced some wonderful heroines (in terms of acting). Revathy, Saritha, Urvashi, Amala, Mamta Mohandas, Meera Jasmine, Anjali to name a few. Importing Northie heroines is mainly due to the looks rather than dearth of talent in South. PS: Kajal Agarwal, Shriya Saran, Hansika Motwami can't F'king act even if their lives depended on it (which is literally speaking). Presently, Anuska Shetty is the only Narthie South actress who can act.
Anushka Shetty is not a northie,she is from blore.

shes hawt :D but why every1 hates kajal :sad:

Anushka Shetty is Southie..

Wrong again' date=' cause[b'] you guys don't even know about most of the Southie movies or Heros. Your exposure to Southie movies is by laughing at it by posting scenes from some of the worst made ones, which most likely was picked to show how dark the hero was. Ignorance is bliss, only if you don't expose it. :winky: Let's see how many of the following names you are familiar with (I am guessing one): 1. Ajith 2. Madhavan 3. Jayam Ravi 4. Sidharth ..
Hindi Film channels and Cable operators regularly show South Indian dubbed movies .Majority of heroes and other actors look Different in term of skin color, weight etc from bollywood, but many Heroines (not all) look similar like bollywood heroines . In terms of names you mentioned I know only 1 as I don't care about names, but yes I have seen films of 2-3 heroes you have mentioned . BTW John abraham is also half mallu yet the guy hardly acted in South Indian films ,I don't think he was approached by South Indian film producers as the fair skinned Girls of bollywood are approached by them.

kannadas look most north indian of all southies. dravid' date=' kumble, aishwarya, padukone, shilpa shetty etc. their skin color is brownish instead of blackish.[/quote'] Let me be un-PC for a bit... Kannada Girls are by far the most beautiful and charming girls among all Southies...there is no competition...Cant say the same about the Kannada heroes though. Case in point "Puneet Raj Kumar" Until this present hava of putting in Bumbaiya white skinned beauties..... Southern films used to have mostly Kannada beauties.