India 'A' to tour New Zealand in September 2012

What happened ... Why did the game stop??
The first One Day match between New Zealand A and India A has been postponed due to pitch conditions at Bert Sutcliffe Oval. Six overs into the match the umpires decided to postpone the game until tomorrow. A new match will commence on a different pitch at Bert Sutcliffe Oval. The rescheduled match will be played on the same pitch as the one that was used for a practice game between New Zealand A and the Auckland Aces on Sunday, which was a high scoring encounter.
http://www.blackcaps.co.nz/news/play-postponed-between-nz-a-and-india-a/9984/article.aspx
Dont know what purpose they are solving by sending Vinay Kumar on this tour? Is he a youngster' date=' a future prospect? What is that we already dont know about him?[/quote'] We don't know how well he can do against top batsmen, outside India, in First Class cricket. In the ODs, he works well as showing what how good current Indian bowlers are so that a comparison can be made between the bowlers on the tour and them.
We don't know how well he can do against top batsmen' date= outside India, in First Class cricket. In the ODs, he works well as showing what how good current Indian bowlers are so that a comparison can be made between the bowlers on the tour and them.
So why play him in the List A games here, when we already have given chance to him in ODIs in foreign conditions too? Having given this exposure to Awana instead would have been invaluable who unfortunately was on A tour to WI but joined only for the last OD because of Visa issues! Vinay Kumar in India A playing ODs is a waste of space in my opinion. Even FC cricket would be of no use because next year, don't think he has the quality to take on SA. But who am I to decide that?
So why play him in the List A games here, when we already have given chance to him in ODIs in foreign conditions too? Having given this exposure to Awana instead would have been invaluable who unfortunately was on A tour to WI but joined only for the last OD because of Visa issues! Vinay Kumar in India A playing ODs is a waste of space in my opinion. Even FC cricket would be of no use because next year, don't think he has the quality to take on SA. But who am I to decide that?
agree even playing shami in this game would have been better

So why play him in the List A games here, when we already have given chance to him in ODIs in foreign conditions too? --- Haha, by that logic even Mukund shouldn't play the 4-day games since he's already played 5 games. Having given this exposure to Awana instead would have been invaluable who unfortunately was on A tour to WI but joined only for the last OD because of Visa issues! --- On present evidence, Awana has done nothing to prove that he is even marginally better than Vinay Kumar. We love hyping up players before they get an opportunity and then dissing them the moment they get a game or two. And had you followed the WI A tour, you would have remembered that Awana played the 3rd four-day game as well. So, basically he joined the team some 20 days before the last OD. Vinay Kumar in India A playing ODs is a waste of space in my opinion. Even FC cricket would be of no use because next year, don't think he has the quality to take on SA. But who am I to decide that? --- Vinay Kumar will do decently against S Africa in ODIs. At least, much better than the current crop. He is the only one in India currently who is decent in ODIs.

its a tour if u wont play young upcoming players here then i dont know whts the purpose of this
An A-tour is valuable and there is a specific purpose for it. Other than giving youngsters an opportunity, it also helps comparatively senior people to get back to form if they are out of form or coming back from an injury. In no way has Vinay been written off; in fact, he's a much better ODI bowler than the current crop and should be part of the ODI setup. Going by Shami Ahmed's List A performances, he should not really be in the scheme of things for ODIs. He'll surely be in the team for the four-day games.
An A-tour is valuable and there is a specific purpose for it. Other than giving youngsters an opportunity, it also helps comparatively senior people to get back to form if they are out of form or coming back from an injury. In no way has Vinay been written off; in fact, he's a much better ODI bowler than the current crop and should be part of the ODI setup. Going by Shami Ahmed's List A performances, he should not really be in the scheme of things for ODIs. He'll surely be in the team for the four-day games.
then dont select shami for odis.... and surely those list a games wont be lot he jsut came into scene..and form looks of it is improving if they keep going like this he wont be able to play any list a game :cantstop:
then dont select shami for odis.... and surely those list a games wont be lot he jsut came into scene..and form looks of it is improving if they keep going like this he wont be able to play any list a game :cantstop:
Shami still needs a season and half. Stop hyping him to throttle him later. :whack: