India 'A' to tour New Zealand in September 2012

It was a disappointing A tour where both the FC matches were drawn because of bad light and Indian attack was not able to dismiss NZ A even once in 4 inning! Rayudu was shaping up as a good find of the tour but was dropped/rested from the second match due to unknown reasons! Bowling was equally disappointing! If this kind of unimaginative squads with this least coverage, then what is the point of A tours?

In the limited footage I have seen of both Mandeep and Unmukt Chand the highlight for me is the ease with which they have tackled short balls. Not at all afraid to play the cross batted shots. Mind you both Wagner and Andy McKay are reasonably quick bowlers - international level quality.

In the limited footage I have seen of both Mandeep and Unmukt Chand the highlight for me is the ease with which they have tackled short balls. Not at all afraid to play the cross batted shots. Mind you both Wagner and Andy McKay are reasonably quick bowlers - international level quality.
Mandeep looks much better.should be on radar for test spot in SA tour imo. as for Chand,he confirmed my view that hes got lots to improve on his legside play,plays virtually everything on offside.still not even close to ready.ofcourse I'm commenting only on what I saw of him in U19 WC n above videos
Mandeep looks much better.should be on radar for test spot in SA tour imo. as for Chand,he confirmed my view that hes got lots to improve on his legside play,plays virtually everything on offside.still not even close to ready.ofcourse I'm commenting only on what I saw of him in U19 WC n above videos
Sehwag :giggle:
Me too - IDK what Lord saw. Aakhir bhagwaan ji hai' date= teesri aankh hai unke paas! :hehe:
thing is when u play on these pitches for first time its totally diff game look where the ball was bouncing.. these werent flat tracks (maybe 2nd test was ) he looked as part.. has to improve his game in some areas.. but thts true for mandeep too he pulled well but he needs to come forward with lot more authority looked stuck at crease to me (but then he score 180 or 190and these are only highlights so i am probably wrong ) but im sure about one thing chand will play lot more onside hsots when he is playing on subcontinent tracks its natural really..we should be happy that he wasnt bothered by short stuff and has good temperament def one of the guys for future :two_thumbs_up:
Me too - IDK what Lord saw. Aakhir bhagwaan ji hai' date= teesri aankh hai unke paas! :hehe:
I saw him playing mainly on the side n looking out of control wen its pitched around middle n leg.both in these videos n U19WC,its hard to describe in words as I m not an expert,but with his technique,I see him struggling wen its full n straight
I saw him playing mainly on the side n looking out of control wen its pitched around middle n leg.both in these videos n U19WC' date='its hard to describe in words as I m not an expert,but with his technique,I see him struggling wen its full n straight[/quote'] u mean he is off balanced ?.. even i thought so first time around but thts the beauty of some of these cricketers they have natural gifts this guy has gr8 eye .. ans i saw him playing these straight balls fairly comfortably in under 19 world cup even timed one between mid on and mid wicket im sure it was against nz under 19 :D (thought im not sure it was game where other opener too did well )
u mean he is off balanced ?.. even i thought so first time around but thts the beauty of some of these cricketers they have natural gifts this guy has gr8 eye .. ans i saw him playing these straight balls fairly comfortably in under 19 world cup even timed one between mid on and mid wicket im sure it was against nz under 19 :D (thought im not sure it was game where other opener too did well )
its important where that ball pitched,if it was full n straight then gr8,if it was on offstump,its good wrists imo. but yeah he has gr8 eye.
its important where that ball pitched,if it was full n straight then gr8,if it was on offstump,its good wrists imo. but yeah he has gr8 eye.
haha i get same feeling while watching kohli bat now a days... how the hell can he hit that outswinger going away from middle of bat? :yikes: remember finn bowling peach of ball to him.. first up and he defended it form middle of his bat.. imo these guys (well msot of them baring rohit) know there game and play withing limitations :D while watchign those videos for some reason i was more assured while watching chand bat for some reason but these are only highlights

So end of another tour, and another mixed bag of results. Drawing both the one day and four day series. The tour was interrupted by rain and suspiciously bad light (when suitable for some). There wasn't much to read into bowling, with Vinay Kumar excelling, but the likes of Shami and B Kumar hardly got opportunities to play. The batsmen found it much easy going in four day game compared to some miserable scores in the one days. Though Rayudu, Mandeep, Menaria, and Mukund all put some good performances. I feel Rayudu was the stand out batsman.

So end of another tour, and another mixed bag of results. Drawing both the one day and four day series. The tour was interrupted by rain and suspiciously bad light (when suitable for some). There wasn't much to read into bowling, with Vinay Kumar excelling, but the likes of Shami and B Kumar hardly got opportunities to play. The batsmen found it much easy going in four day game compared to some miserable scores in the one days. Though Rayudu, Mandeep, Menaria, and Mukund all put some good performances. I feel Rayudu was the stand out batsman.
All the matches were played on one ground so pitches got easier to bat as the series went on.
All the matches were played on one ground so pitches got easier to bat as the series went on.
The opportunity problem won't come during the domestic season but I'd really like to see Praveen Kumar, Vinay and Shami play together in 4-5 First Class games against 'A' Team opposition and just see who is the stand out bowler.