Varun Aaron injured again

When did Waqar change his action? He had very similar action all through out his career. Same thing about Bishop' date=' Klusener. I did not see much change in their action. These three suffered serious back injuries at the wrong side of their 20s and that lead to loss in pace. Aaron is young and that is why can recover from these injuries still bowl quick because his body is still developing so he can take up that change, pretty much they way Lee did at the same age. I would say that change in action turned him into an 100 mph bowler later. You may not know but Mitchell Johnson had suffered 4 back stress fractures by the time he was 22 and look at him now.[/quote'] Waqar:Look at his videos from 1990 till 1992-93.and the his later days.You will see he had a much more whippy action before and later changed it to avoid stress on his back. Bishop:Bishop also changed the whip in his action after Spine injury.Again i suggest you see their videos. Klusener:Check his action,run up and pre bowling load up.All changed after his heel injury. All the bowlers above were in their early 20s AFAIK. Again i said that Lee is an exception,you can consider him to be the norm. Johnson is now a 135-140k bowler if you havent noticed. NO ONE SHOULD CHANGE AARON's NATURAL ACTION.
Waqar:Look at his videos from 1990 till 1992-93.and the his later days.You will see he had a much more whippy action before and later changed it to avoid stress on his back. Bishop:Bishop also changed the whip in his action after Spine injury.Again i suggest you see their videos. Klusener:Check his action,run up and pre bowling load up.All changed after his heel injury. All the bowlers above were in their early 20s AFAIK. Again i said that Lee is an exception,you can consider him to be the norm. Johnson is now a 135-140k bowler if you havent noticed. NO ONE SHOULD CHANGE AARON's NATURAL ACTION.
What? Johson still bowls 90 mph plus easily. He was the fastest bowler in England in the ODI he played. Regarding Bishop and Waqar, I do not see to much of a difference in their actions and other than that they had side-on actions. Bishop was still pretty quick in 1996. Rather than action, it was their injuries which hampered their pace. Regarding their age, all were either in mid 20s or above when suffered injuries and lost their pace. Waqar was quite quick till 1995. He was 25 then and after that he suffered back injuries. Look at Shaun Tait, even after so many injuries, he can still bowl 150+. Same for Shoiiab Akhtar and Shane Bond. Even in his last test series Bond clocked 150K. Bowlers dont slow down just because of change in action but because of injuries they get are forced to slow down to prevent them.

Bishop had changed his action in a major way after the back injury and lost pace and was never the same bowler, this was mentioned by him and also videos of his bowling suggests that, Waqar towards the *** end of his career also slightly altered his action same way as Zak has, but then all bowlers evolve a bit, the point is to improve and not slow down

Bishop had changed his action in a major way after the back injury and lost pace and was never the same bowler' date=' this was mentioned by him and also videos of his bowling suggests that, Waqar towards the *** end of his career also slightly altered his action same way as Zak has, but then all bowlers evolve a bit, the point is to improve and not slow down[/quote']
RKT what does that mean lol' date=' u agree or disagree lol.[/quote'] My earlier comment did not come up. My point is a bowler can cope up with change at a young age if basics are followed. Lot of bowlers go through such changes earlier in their career. Aaron right now lacks right basics in his approach and that puts a lot of load on his lower back that has lead to 3 back stress bone injuries and despite that every time he has come back he has bowled as quick as any and for a 21-22 year old its a great thing that these injuries has not resulted in drop in pace.
He is not ready for test cricket yet. I will have Shami Ahmed ahead of him in test. Aaron will play ODIs for the time being and 4-day ranji matches to get the fitness and experience to play tests.
Ya it's not only abt pace in test cricket,Aaron is bit quicker than Shami but Shami is a better bowler in FC cricket.Swinging the ball out at around 137-138 kph is a very rare thing & bowlers who do that are top intl strike bowlers.Shami has that potential.He's a wkt taking strike bowler.It's a shame that once we had a guy like this but he lacked the attitude & now he's a dancer:giggle:
My earlier comment did not come up. My point is a bowler can cope up with change at a young age if basics are followed. Lot of bowlers go through such changes earlier in their career. Aaron right now lacks right basics in his approach and that puts a lot of load on his lower back that has lead to 3 back stress bone injuries and despite that every time he has come back he has bowled as quick as any and for a 21-22 year old its a great thing that these injuries has not resulted in drop in pace.
A bowler making a compromise or does not give it all or slows down to me is similar to a player taking some money to not give it all, when you are representing ur team u better be trying as hard as you can, also slowing down will mean u r not doing what u r meant to do, the reason I kinda hate Munaf but then he is ignorant and coming from his background he just did not have the mind to get stronger but he chose to be content in mediocrity. Shane Bond, Brett Lee and many real fast bowler did not slow down and it is natural that a bowler at age 36 might bowl about 5 k slower and his average pace might get down but this is the problem with most Indian bowlers, except this generation,Zaheer at 34 is worse then Brett lee many times who is fit and still fast , Zak was at his fastest mid 140's, Munaf bowled 147 k at his fastest, now they bowl 132 k, which is pathetic,also RP the way he is bowling. Aaron needs serious work on his approach and runup so at his delivery his body doesn't twist much he can bowl fast more easily like Umesh, I have high hope from Umesh and Aaron, also Aaron is not fittest in terms of his core,Shami looks fit and also will be a good bowler for us, even Sreesanth has major flaws in his action so he is inconsistent and sprays the ball also doesn't use his left hand and doesn't hit the deck but floats the ball and gets hit.
Ya it's not only abt pace in test cricket,Aaron is bit quicker than Shami but Shami is a better bowler in FC cricket.Swinging the ball out at around 137-138 kph is a very rare thing & bowlers who do that are top intl strike bowlers.Shami has that potential.He's a wkt taking strike bowler.It's a shame that once we had a guy like this but he lacked the attitude & now he's a dancer:giggle:
totally agree aaron was never ready for test cricket..

Sreesanth was among the very talented as far as bowling but he did it once a year his health both mental and physical was very poor, Shami is better then him as he is very hard working, fit, better action and I think is faster then Sreesanth and does everything with the ball that Sreesanth at his best could, he did not even get picked up for Zonal team though. Aaron should not be played in test's immediately but kept in the frame and play ODI'S, AS HE WORKS ON HIS ACTION AND GETS STRENGTH THEN HE SHOULD BE PLAYED IN TEST.

Sreesanth was among the very talented as far as bowling but he did it once a year his health both mental and physical was very poor, Shami is better then him as he is very hard working, fit, better action and I think is faster then Sreesanth and does everything with the ball that Sreesanth at his best could, he did not even get picked up for Zonal team though. Aaron should not be played in test's immediately but kept in the frame and play ODI'S, AS HE WORKS ON HIS ACTION AND GETS STRENGTH THEN HE SHOULD BE PLAYED IN TEST.
he was on a tour its physically impossible to play 2 matches at a same time in different countries:cantstop:
A bowler making a compromise or does not give it all or slows down to me is similar to a player taking some money to not give it all, when you are representing ur team u better be trying as hard as you can, also slowing down will mean u r not doing what u r meant to do, the reason I kinda hate Munaf but then he is ignorant and coming from his background he just did not have the mind to get stronger but he chose to be content in mediocrity. Shane Bond, Brett Lee and many real fast bowler did not slow down and it is natural that a bowler at age 36 might bowl about 5 k slower and his average pace might get down but this is the problem with most Indian bowlers, except this generation,Zaheer at 34 is worse then Brett lee many times who is fit and still fast , Zak was at his fastest mid 140's, Munaf bowled 147 k at his fastest, now they bowl 132 k, which is pathetic,also RP the way he is bowling. Aaron needs serious work on his approach and runup so at his delivery his body doesn't twist much he can bowl fast more easily like Umesh, I have high hope from Umesh and Aaron, also Aaron is not fittest in terms of his core,Shami looks fit and also will be a good bowler for us, even Sreesanth has major flaws in his action so he is inconsistent and sprays the ball also doesn't use his left hand and doesn't hit the deck but floats the ball and gets hit.
Buddy I agree with u on lot of points but I beg to differ from u on Sreesanth. He was never a hit the deck kind of bowler even when he bowled well.His approach was similar to Anderson or other classical English seamers which is to pitch the ball up & try to swing it in the air.Hit the deck is more of an aussie thing though some english bowlers like Bresnan hits the deck.This kind of bowlers seam the ball from the good length area.Sreesanth is inconsistent because he tries to do to many things at the same time.He pretends that he's smart when he's the other way around.If he concentrates on swing the ball out around 85mph & bowls in the right channel consistently then he'll be fine.He looks a brilliant bowler when he does that.I think he's the most skillful bowlers going around without a head on his shoulder.He's almost 30 now & more or less a failure:((
Shami is a regular in the India-A team.He's very much in the scheme of things & if I'm not wrong then he's the next seamer in line for a test berth.
Buddy I agree with u on lot of points but I beg to differ from u on Sreesanth. He was never a hit the deck kind of bowler even when he bowled well.His approach was similar to Anderson or other classical English seamers which is to pitch the ball up & try to swing it in the air.Hit the deck is more of an aussie thing though some english bowlers like Bresnan hits the deck.This kind of bowlers seam the ball from the good length area.Sreesanth is inconsistent because he tries to do to many things at the same time.He pretends that he's smart when he's the other way around.If he concentrates on swing the ball out around 85mph & bowls in the right channel consistently then he'll be fine.He looks a brilliant bowler when he does that.I think he's the most skillful bowlers going around without a head on his shoulder.He's almost 30 now & more or less a failure:((
That is exactly what my point is , his action and use of left arm was not great so he could not extract the bounce and even at 140 he could be driven easily, only during the Aussie series when he bowled brilliantly , he was pushing 150's and got fantastic bounce, Sreesanth if he had the will and brains to learn and work hard he could be India's best pacer till date , his run up was fine, it was his jump and at that point when a bowler gathers him self and hold his action for a split second and uses his left hand and body to uncoil together that gives more accuracy and venom in ones bowling, that is also the case currently with Zak where during his leap and gather that he looses steam and accuracy.
‎"The BCCI has decided to send Varun Aaron to Australia to hopefully discover the reason for his recurring back problems. To see if tweaking his action can help him or whether it is a more serious problem and needs a drastic change. Nitin Patel has been monitoring his progress at the NCA and was of the opinion that he be looked at by Foster." - BCCI secretary Sanjay Jagdale.
Wasting BCCI big bucks on players who havent done anything substantial yet and have been injured several times ... Hopefully they would have done something when Nehra was getting injured regularly. Atleast he was much better than these newbies.
So you think they did not do anything then for Nehra? Newbies are always looked more intensely because they are future.
So you think they did not do anything then for Nehra? Newbies are always looked more intensely because they are future.
Ofcourse they did ... actually The surgery Nehra undertook in Australia after the WC 2011 was paid off by the BCCI but the earlier occasion I guess he had an ankle injury, he was not diagonised properly which made his injury worse and nearly forced him out for 2 years. That stage of his life BCCI didnot help him much. I guess he saw some experts in the US and he had claimed that he spent from his own pocket for it even though at that stage he was one of our leading bowlers.