Who's excited? Just 10 days left

Cricketics

Tough group for India in Hockey Netherlands,Germany,Korea :nervous: Should be easy against NZL and Belgium though but never say never
India lost to Belgium in 2nd Qualifying tournament for Olympics.. therefore having to play in 3rd Rd of Qualifying competitions ... India recently lost to NZL 5-1 in the Sultan Azlan Shah Cup. How the **** should it be easy for us against NZL and Belgium?? Care to explain? Or do you even watch Hockey??

India lost to Belgium in 2nd Qualifying tournament for Olympics.. therefore having to play in 3rd Rd of Qualifying competitions ... India recently lost to NZL 5-1 in the Sultan Azlan Shah Cup. How the **** should it be easy for us against NZL and Belgium?? Care to explain? Or do you even watch Hockey??
True this. The maximum I can be optimistic is of a semi-final berth. Realistically, top half of the table can be achieved. Note that we finished 7th in 2000 and 2004.

I've been excited about the olympics for some time now frankly (one reason being a code freeze in my org). I can feel India improving on their Beijing medal count. High hopes for multiple medals in boxing, archery and shooting. We're also looking good for a medal each in badminton and wrestling. Elsewhere we are hopeless frankly. Will be great if we make a top 6 finish in hockey.

True this. The maximum I can be optimistic is of a semi-final berth. Realistically' date=' top half of the table can be achieved. Note that we finished 7th in 2000 and 2004.[/quote'] Yes but we didnot even Qualify for the 2008 Olympics.. and even this time we had to wait till the last Qualifying event to get into the OLympics ... I will be pleased if India finishes within Top 6.. With Netherlands and Germany in our Group I will be very happy if we can finish at 3 in the group stages.. For that we have to atleast win against Korea and Belgium, then have atleast 1 more win against any either Nzl or Ger. We can forget even drawing even against an out of form Nederlands.

Yes but we didnot even Qualify for the 2008 Olympics.. and even this time we had to wait till the last Qualifying event to get into the OLympics ... I will be pleased if India finishes within Top 6.. With Netherlands and Germany in our Group I will be very happy if we can finish at 3 in the group stages.. For that we have to atleast win against Korea and Belgium' date= then have atleast 1 more win against any either Nzl or Ger. We can forget even drawing even against an out of form Nederlands.
Exactly what I meant in my earlier post.

I know.. I was just emphasizing that we need to win atleast 3 games .. seeing India's performances in the recent Europe tour.. I doubt thats even possible :nervous:
I felt 4th was pretty good for us at Sultan Azlan Shah especially after the disappointing starts we made. Anyways, I don't think there's a medal in hockey for us.

We've done reasonably well in the prep matches for the olympics. However our results have progressively worsened. We hammered France first, drew one and lost one (close) against Spain, won one and lost one against SA, then just lost to UK. We've got one against Spain today. We need to end these prep matches on a high, so a win against Spain will be a good boost.

The Olympic awareness is slowly but steadily being generated in the city. Clubs have started to play Olympic theme songs and videos from movies on Olympics. I, for one, couldn't care lesser about the olympics and I definitely will not be watching any of the events. Maybe only the opening ceremony :D. Just wish all our athletes all the best. Want us to win a few individual golds this time.

I've been excited about the olympics for some time now frankly (one reason being a code freeze in my org). I can feel India improving on their Beijing medal count. High hopes for multiple medals in boxing, archery and shooting. We're also looking good for a medal each in badminton and wrestling. Elsewhere we are hopeless frankly. Will be great if we make a top 6 finish in hockey.
What do you mean by that?

The Olympic awareness is slowly but steadily being generated in the city. Clubs have started to play Olympic theme songs and videos from movies on Olympics. I, for one, couldn't care lesser about the olympics and I definitely will not be watching any of the events. Maybe only the opening ceremony :D. Just wish all our athletes all the best. Want us to win a few individual golds this time. What do you mean by that?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freeze_(software_engineering)

TBH ...I am a casual Hockey fan but I just checked the rankings and Belgium and NZL are rated above India,which is a surprise....I thought Korea would be ranked higher Rk. Country - Men's CF Pts. Rk. Country- Women's CF Pts. 1 Australia OCE 2188 1 Netherlands EUR 2063 2 Germany EUR 1988 2 Argentina PAN 2030 3 Netherlands EUR 1855 3 Germany EUR 1765 4 England EUR 1662 4 England EUR 1696 5 Spain EUR 1650 5 China ASI 1675 6 Korea ASI 1490 6 New Zealand OCE 1615 7 New Zealand OCE 1395 7 Australia OCE 1548 8 Pakistan ASI 1315 8 Korea ASI 1423 9 Argentina PAN 1292 9 Japan ASI 1318 10 India ASI 1288 10 United States PAN 1233 11 Belgium EUR 1150 11 Spain EUR 1188 12 South Africa AFR 1130 12 South Africa AFR 1175 13 Malaysia ASI 1119 13 India ASI 1150 14 Canada PAN 1116 14 Ireland EUR 905 15 Japan ASI 865 15 Azerbaijan EUR 870 16 Ireland EUR 839 16 Belgium EUR 869 17 China EUR 830 17 Chile PAN 789 18 France EUR 751 18 Scotland EUR 727 19 Poland EUR 729 19 Italy EUR 718 20 Russia EUR 661 20 Canada PAN 703 21 Austria EUR 548 21 Russia EUR 634 22 Scotland EUR 547 22 Belarus EUR 593 23 Czech Republic EUR 538 23 Malaysia ASI 555 24 United States PAN 439 24 Cuba PAN 413 25 Egypt AFR 403 25 France EUR 393 26 Chile PAN 361 26 Ukraine EUR 355 27 Wales EUR 328 27 Wales EUR 287 28 Italy EUR 263 28 Poland EUR 250 29 Ukraine EUR 250 29 Austria EUR 245 30 Mexico PAN 243 30 Mexico PAN 215

O yes. Archery. Mixed Doubles in tennis is our best bat. I won't say Mens double tennis since lot of tough competition. But mixed doubles tennis Leander-Sania have good chance. Leander is practicing playing on Ad Court in doubles here so that he can adjust with Vishnu Vardhan and MIrza in Olympics. This is the class of the guy. In all this controversial moments, he has started working hard already. It's a big thing to play from a different side of court. Great to see Leander doing that.
yup Paes n Sania have a good shot , with a bit of luck may be gold ... doubles , we know mahesh n Rohan are good enuf to go all the way , but i will take a bronze from them. overall am pretty sure we will hit our best tally , but thats not saying much .

Not expecting more than 5 medals... A couple at best in wrestling,one hopefully in badminton. Leander and Sania wont win ..neither will Bhupathi and whos-the-other-guy Nothing has changed in sports for the past 4 years..No reason to expect any change in results either

A.R. Rahman to rock Olympics with Punjabi beats rahman-oly.jpg A.R. Rahman is set to team up with Hollywood director Danny Boyle again - this time to compose a song for the London Olympics' opening ceremony. The music maestro reveals it will be a Punjabi song celebrating Indian influence in Britain. "Clarifying the report on the Olympics track I am composing. It's a track in Punjabi celebrating the Indian influence in the UK," Rahman, who worked with Boyle in Oscar-winning film Slumdog Millionaire and 127 Hours, posted on his Facebook page. "It's a part of a medley in the Olympics opening ceremony, according to Danny Boyle's creative wishes!" he added. B->