Pakistan in India 2012-13...

Asim

Pakistan in India 2012-13...  

1. 1.

• Jadeja will open the batting and Chawla at no 4.

In Vijay Sharma's defence I think all he was saying (VS correct me if I am wrong) was that the BCCI are seemingly blind to the repeated failures of our test side provided we win a few meaningless ODIs so they can say things like "Oh its ok we won such and such series. You can't win everything". Maybe the short-term pain is necessary to bring about long-term change but there is never any long-term planning by the BCCI, so we may as well take whatever victory we can now.
To make changes one needs options, Gambir is struggling to get runs cant see him made captain; yes you can make kohli the captain and drop dhoni , what makes you think that will stop our losses, infact that might end back fire and we end up losing kohli the batsman. Lets not just make changes for the sake of change, I don't disagree it's time to look beyond dhoni but who next?
To make changes one needs options' date=' Gambir is struggling to get runs cant see him made captain; yes you can make kohli the captain and drop dhoni , what makes you think that will stop our losses, infact that might end back fire and we end up losing kohli the batsman. Lets not just make changes for the sake of change, I don't disagree it's time to look beyond dhoni but who next?[/quote'] change is Nature, you cannot get worse results than dhoni.You never know how a batsman could also lift his game under captaincy .After 4-0 in england,3 t20 wcs,4-0 australia, 2-1 in india,asia cup,cb series he has to be sacked and give another bloke a chance.
change is Nature' date=' you cannot get worse results than dhoni.You never know how a batsman could also lift his game under captaincy .After 4-0 in england,3 t20 wcs,4-0 australia, 2-1 in india,asia cup,cb series he has to be sacked and give another bloke a chance.[/quote'] Great , lets make Raina test captain you never know as captain he could be a wonderful test batsman.
In Vijay Sharma's defence I think all he was saying (VS correct me if I am wrong) was that the BCCI are seemingly blind to the repeated failures of our test side provided we win a few meaningless ODIs so they can say things like "Oh its ok we won such and such series. You can't win everything". Maybe the short-term pain is necessary to bring about long-term change but there is never any long-term planning by the BCCI, so we may as well take whatever victory we can now.
Actually, the excuse N Srinivisan used after we got humiliated in the Eng and Aus Test series is that we will also beat Eng and Aus at home in the Test series. Now that we have lost to Eng and will probably lose to Aus as well, I'm not sure what excuse he will use but no doubt he will have something ready. Srinivasan (and all the rest of the administrators) couldn't give a **** about the Indian team's results are, the fans will watch regardless, and more importantly they have the tamasha league which continues to bring in the advertising money. So this whole thing about losses forcing change is just silly. A captain who has produced the embarrassing results that MS Dhoni has in the last 18 months would have been sacked a long time ago in most countries but the IPL franchisee that he plays for makes him untouchable. He can lose another eight Test matches and another home series and nothing will happen to him (of course, some individuals would have resigned anyway after such results but its not realistic to expect everyone to have that much shame).
3 captains ? One for each format? So let me ask what problem are we solving ? I hate dhoni and I want him out at any cost OR who takes india forward ? Yes we have few to chose from, I don't see anyone taking the current team forward.
This is not some 10-5 Office job where do what may you be captain.With out giving some body a chance to captain how can you know how good or bad he is.Dhoni is shameless enough he will never give up even t20 captaincy after so many losses.Really i do not want to discuss about that moron in this holiday season.

First of all, we should hope that India does well in all formats. Just because India doesnt do well in ODIs doesnt mean there will be changes in test team. That's absurd defeatist mentality. About the captaincy, I think Dhoni is still good enough to be ODI captain. He was the guy who lead the team to World Cup win. In T20, I wish someone else could be the captain because India hasnt done well in last 3 World T20 tournaments. There has to be a captain on the field who could talk to a bowler when he is walking back to his run up after getting hit for a four or six just to calm his nerves or give some tips. Dhoni cant do that because he is the wk and cant run up to the bowler all the time. I think Raina or Kohli could be a good choice. In tests, there should be a captain who has a much better understanding of the game. Its also very tough to be the wicket keeper for entire days sometimes and also captain the side. Gambhir could be a good choice. Test captaincy will put a lot of burden on Kohli and may end up destroying his career. He is already not doing quite as well as many people expected in tests. He is still learning the ropes as far as the longer format is concerned.

native chennai brahs, those who are born and brought up in chennai,can you guys predict what sort of rain you get during this time of the year . here in Chandigarh barring monsoon month its highly unlikely that it will be pouring rain two days in row. remember the semi final, it was raining the day before if i am not mistaking.

native chennai brahs, those who are born and brought up in chennai,can you guys predict what sort of rain you get during this time of the year . here in Chandigarh barring monsoon month its highly unlikely that it will be pouring rain two days in row. remember the semi final, it was raining the day before if i am not mistaking.
you r from chandigarh too:friends:
Dec-Jan is the monsoon season for TN when we get showers from retreating monsoons. We are the last in India to get monsoon rains. If it rains, it will be heavy. Any fool other than BCCI would have known this is not a good time to conduct matches in Chennai.