Happy Ramadan...

Asim

bro there is no harm in sharing the happiness we all are humans first if you dont want then you can genuinely say no thanx
To me celebrating something is following every part of the ritual and not just high fiving and eating biryani. If I don't belong to that faith, I do not 'genuinely' celebrate the true essence of that festival as I do not perform any of the ritual including fasting and all that. Hence, I believe in exchanging greetings. I wish Asim & his family, our very own Mariyam, Mhr, Sooda, Virurulez, 1983-2011 & every other Muslim here on ICF who genuinely celebrates.... a very Happy & Prosperous Ramadan :pray:

Happy Ramzan to brothers. But, these better be avoided.

Saudi authorities are warning non-Muslim expatriates against eating, drinking or smoking in public during Ramzan, the monthlong sunrise-to-sunset fast - or face expulsion. The interior ministry of the oil-rich kingdom is calling on non-Muslims to "show consideration for feelings of Muslims" and "preserve the sacred Islamic rituals." Otherwise, a statement says, Saudi authorities will cancel violators' work contracts and expel them.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/middle-east/Saudi-Arabia-warns-non-Muslims-Respect-Ramzan-or-else--/articleshow/15056739.cms

Happy Ramadan to all Muslims.. Have 1 doubt .. what practicing muslim cricketers will do during ramzan if they matches to play ??
same doubt :dito: happy ramzan folks :icflove:
Well if they are playing then its certainly difficult for them to fast... but since they are traveling (when they play in other venues) they don't need to fast as they are regarded as travelers.As fasting is not obligatory for travelers , nursing women , pregnant women , oldies (who cannot fast) , sick ... when they are finished with it then they have to fast during non ramzan days and complete the days.

same doubt :dito: happy ramzan folks :icflove:
They don't practice it if they have to play matches during Ramadan, only very very few, in my knowledge, I cud b wrong, Saeed Anwar used to do it even while playing, I heard Javed Miandad too... Muhammed Yousuf after conversion used to optout of playing during Ramadan. I don't think so cricket falls in as a condition when you can quit fasting specially when you have an option to not play during Ramadan but there are many other situations like sickness, women issues, traveling (with certain conditions), old age, u at war or anything when fasting can genuinely put your health at risk, you are allowed to quit but you have to complete them in same number when your situation gets normal.