1. 1.

• McCullum
    • Guptil
    • Taylor
    • Williamson
    • Van Wyk
    • None of the NZ bat
    • Other batsmen (state it in thread)

Raina in the test squad' date=' what a joke. English, SA and aus bowlrs muct be licking their lips hoping he cements a place in test side by the time we tour these places[/quote'] We are in a transition period looking for our next middle order. It will be sink or swim for him. We should not stress too much over his inclusion because a failure here will have him out for a while.
Yesterday Dada told the local media if he was the selector then he would like to make 3 changes in the squad-Manoj in place of Raina,Harbhajan in place of Ashwin & Dinda in place of Ishant.Though Ashwin will be in his squad of 15 in place of Kaanphidence Chawla.This would be his first XI:-Sehwag,Gambhir©,Kohli,Sachin,Pujara,Manoj,Dhoni,Harbhajan,Ojha,Zaheer, Umesh.He said VVS should not continue anymore as he is retiring after the KIWI series so it's better to blood a young batsman in the middle order in this series to prepare for the upcoming England & Australia seties at home & yes VVS is retiring after the NZ series according to Gautam Bhattacharya a sports journalist.
S Ganguly should STFU for some time. He's become the Mahesh Bhatt of cricket.
ok in last two years including this last selection' date=' which deserving player has been left out.[/quote'] It's a damn good question - I know you are pointing out to lack of reserves of players in the country. But, you will have to agree that there have been times that players have been left out on fancy than merit.
It's a damn good question - I know you are pointing out to lack of reserves of players in the country. But' date=' you will have to agree that there have been times that players have been left out on fancy than merit.[/quote'] I don't think so , for example Rohit had a chance to play against SA in Nagpur test but before toss he got injured no one can be blamed there. Rohit could have played in Australia but that is not selectors call, it is Dhoni's and tour management's call.Seeing how well Rohit has performed recently only insane person would select him. There are no fast bowling options better than ZAK, Umesh, Ishant.Ohja and Ashwin are best spinners around. Rahul Sharma was horrible in windies recently even Rohit sharma out bowled him.So Piyush has been given a chance again that just shows how low our spin reserves are at the moment. Anyone other than Ganguly who saw Dinda bowl would say his non selection is justified. Those clamoring for Robin Uthappa for T-20, should go and look how well he played for his Pune team and who is he replacing on this team.
I don't think so , for example Rohit had a chance to play against SA in Nagpur test but before toss he got injured no one can be blamed there. Rohit could have played in Australia but that is not selectors call, it is Dhoni's and tour management's call.Seeing how well Rohit has performed recently only insane person would select him. There are no fast bowling options better than ZAK, Umesh, Ishant.Ohja and Ashwin are best spinners around. Rahul Sharma was horrible in windies recently even Rohit sharma out bowled him.So Piyush has been given a chance again that just shows how low our spin reserves are at the moment. Anyone other than Ganguly who saw Dinda bowl would say his non selection is justified. Those clamoring for Robin Uthappa for T-20, should go and look how well he played for his Pune team and who is he replacing on this team.
You have a point and as I said earlier you can't put all the blame on the selectors. How do you justify Ishant Sharma's selection? I don't think he deserves a place as yet - he just went through an ankle surgery and rather than blooding him full into Test cricket, he should be eased into the ranks.
You have a point and as I said earlier you can't put all the blame on the selectors. How do you justify Ishant Sharma's selection? I don't think he deserves a place as yet - he just went through an ankle surgery and rather than blooding him full into Test cricket' date=' he should be eased into the ranks.[/quote'] Ishant may not play but he is the future which is so unfortunate so him being close team does no harm. These fricking writers like monga can write any crap they want but reality is this is the best we got for now.

Always someone complaining about selections, don't think it bothers selectors at all. There is never a perfect selection everyone agrees with, to me it seems fine. Even Raina could be handy for SC tests. Chawla was 22 in WC and it was ODI's. Now he may do better if given a chance. Ishant potentially is better than bowlers like Dinda who will be average at their best in Internationals. Tall and fast, can bowl magnificent inswingers. He will come good eventually.

Ishant may not play but he is the future which is so unfortunate so him being close team does no harm. These fricking writers like monga can write any crap they want but reality is this is the best we got for now.
I agree with you on the talent pool part. The uproar is not over the selection but the "method" of selection to be quite fair. For example, Raina finds a way back into the Test squad on ODI performances. Rohit Sharma is dropped from the Tests due to ODI performances but retains T20. These don't make sense. It's an entirely different matter that you might as well have come up with more or less the same squad. Piyush Chawla ahead of Pragyan Ojha is non sense while the exclusion of Praveen Kumar is baffling. So, there are some gaffes - around 1 or 2 players but not everyone. On your Ishant point, I feel it would be much better for Ishant to play some club games and gear up for domestic matches than remain in the team and warm the bench. Ishant is not a new comer and I doubt after 5 years you need him to be in the team to learn. I know it's just a home series and anyone can be quickly called up for cover but it sends wrong signals two other parties. We could have had someone else being close to the team. These are the opportunities which a selector loses.

^ And Raina, didn't do much in Australia in ODIs either. Had a poor ODI series against WI in India before that. Played FC season and hardly anything of note. Then just 1-2 good innings against Lankans and he is back in Test team. PK had good performances in the 5 tests he played. But now he is dropped altogether.

Corrected - this applies across pan India.
Unfortunately that's true :sad:
so now we are blaming selectors for 0-8 fiasco instead of our overweight under performing rockstars. Which player is pushing for selection but has been left out, these guys are selectors not magicians.
We are not blaming them for 0-8 but what they did after that. After going down 0-4 against England there were no changes made to the batting order which flopped so miserably. And now even after 0-8 fiasco the same folks are there in the team and thankfully Dravid retred himself (kudos to him) else these morons would have picked him as well for the series. Can you tell me why exactly is Laxman in the team after 0-8? Is it for his potential or are they saying an unfit, over the hill and a cr@p Laxman is bette than the likes of Pujara and Rahane? Also, how do you exactly justify selections of Harbhajan, Chawla and Yuvraj in the team. This selection panel saw first hand what can happen if you pick a match-unfit player in the team when they picked Sehwag for England and guess what! They have gone ahead and done the same by picking Yuvraj for T20 Cup when Yuvi han't played for more than a year at any level and has just now recovered from cancer :omg: Does that mean fitness is not even a criteria for the selectors? As for Chawla and Harbhajan's selection, as Monga said they must have seen some invisible games which we are not privy to :facepalm: I would go for a youngster, any youngster including Rahul, but not these two who have done nothing at all over the last few years. Plus not even one new face or youngster in the T20 Cup is mind-boggling. This is a format where at least a few youngsters should be introduced every tourney. They could have gone with the likes of Mandeep and an up and coming bowler or two but they stuck with the tried tested and has beens in Harbhajan, Chawla etc. As for Rana he shouldn't be picked for Tests before we give chances to Pujara, Rahane and Rohit. They have a better FC record in that format but as usual our selectors and administrators can't differentiate between the various formats :sad: