Olympics nothing less than a war for China

rkt.india

2012-07-06T085723Z-1404211748-GM1E8761AZE02-RTRMADP-3-CHINA-jpg_093433.jpg000-Hkg7593959-jpg_093424.jpg Pure bliss!
And I have some videos of pure bliss from your beloved USA... [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rt61NHhoefo]Baby weightlifter 6 years old during training 12 kg in snatch - YouTube[/ame] (4 YEAR OLD SNATCHING IN THE ABOVE PICTURE) [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8uMl2kn0KA]very strong 6 years old kid (pull-ups) - YouTube[/ame] (kid doing pullups) explain to me how it is ok in usa to do so while it is shocking in china. for me, it is an excellent way to train and kudos to the kids and hats off to china to do so.

if given a choice for having my child go through the torture kids in communist countries endure for an Olympic medal and him being a fat lard watching TV and living off my earnings throughout my life I would still choose the latter.
:hysterical:

the girl doing the pullups..the guy doing the snatches..what you see in their eyes is intensity and determination...and people here are deriding it...here are people who are trying to win something...and there are people whose country sucks ass in sports and whose only past time is sitting in a sofa commenting on cricket and loving soccer played by other nations to deride people training hard and calling it abuse...no wonder with such an attitude, we will never compete in international arena

And I have some videos of pure bliss from your beloved USA...
(4 YEAR OLD SNATCHING IN THE ABOVE PICTURE)
(kid doing pullups) explain to me how it is ok in usa to do so while it is shocking in china. for me, it is an excellent way to train and kudos to the kids and hats off to china to do so.
Because in general they are not being forced to do it in the US and in cases where they are there is an adequate support structure to prevent any sort of child abuse, which by no accounts is perfect but exists and works reasonably well. I've had enough of this discussion - one guy sitting in the US and the other in Australia are preaching about the benevolence of North Korea and China....please carry on.

Dude, Stefi Graf started Tennis at 3, Tiger Woods appeared on National TV with a club at that age. Many kids start very early. Whether we agree with the early start or not is a different question. The point is are the kids being treated humanely? Are they enjoying themselves or look like they are being tortured? If you can't see the difference between the Chinese video and the US one, I don't think any amount of discussion is going to help.
the us video has been shot for promotional purpose while the chineese video was clearly shot by a western media house with vested interest and to vilify the training methods. If you are so naive to believe something from a few carefully selected shots...then go for it..there is no point to argue with you. see a happy chineese training facility [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rh8QmL4Qhak]harsh chinese gymnastics training?abusing? maybe not - YouTube[/ame]

Because in general they are not being forced to do it in the US and in cases where they are there is an adequate support structure to prevent any sort of child abuse, which by no accounts is perfect but exists and works reasonably well. I've had enough of this discussion - one guy sitting in the US and the other in Australia are preaching about the benevolence of North Korea and China....please carry on.
and you sitting somewhere else has proof that the kids in china are kidnapped and under threat of death is made to workout...china is so rich that it makes randomly selected 3 year old kids go through it..you have no ****ing interest in the sports but just by threats you are made to win olympic golds...because if hardwork alone would have produced champions,,, no wonder the world if filled with tendulkars, phelps and alll..because according to you the key to win is to just ****ing train hard. select some random kids and make them go through hell and they will be champions. not a more reasonable logic..that the kids have interest, joined the school, trained hard and theya re enjoying it..they have a goal and are sacrificing a lot for that.

lol at the posters defending china and north korea :cantstop: :cantstop: mostly in the west , kids go for sports out of interest , but in oriental countries kids are scouted and recruited for Olympic programs :nervous: google abt chinese olympic programs .. and again if anyone finds it unacceptable , there is always a way to convince yourself by concluding that its the propaganda by the west

and you sitting somewhere else has proof that the kids in china are kidnapped and under threat of death is made to workout...china is so rich that it makes randomly selected 3 year old kids go through it..you have no ****ing interest in the sports but just by threats you are made to win olympic golds...because if hardwork alone would have produced champions' date=',, no wonder the world if filled with tendulkars, phelps and alll..because according to you the key to win is to just ****ing train hard. select some random kids and make them go through hell and they will be champions. not a more reasonable logic..that the kids have interest, joined the school, trained hard and theya re enjoying it..they have a goal and are sacrificing a lot for that.[/quote'] http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/jul/31/chinese-athletes-olympics-train-harder BOLD

Dalai Lama once said, "Indians are lazy, and must work hard like the Chinese". May not be true in other areas (or may be it is true..lol), but seems that Indians are lazy and lack a competitive culture in sports.

Chinese Olympic Training Facilities Today, around 300,000 athletes, including 96 percent of China's national champions, are trained at China's 150 elite sports camps, like the Wuhan Institute of Physical Education and the Zheijiang Provincial Physical Education and Sports School in Hangzhou, and tens of thousands of smaller local training centers. The Haigen Sports Training Base in Kunming is the largest sports training camp in China. An additional 3,000 sports schools are responsible for identifying and nurturing talent. Olympic Training Schools in China In China there are more than 3,000 government-run sports schools, 20 major programs and 200 smaller programs. These schools and programs have produced nearly all of ChinaŽÃƒŽÃ” Olympics athletes. About 400,000 students were enrolled in sports schools in 2005. Only about one in eight of sports school students make it to a provincial team. Of these a third eventually make it to the national team and about a fifth of national team members become Olympians-in-training but only about one in eight of these actually make the cut to the Olympics. This means that for every 900 pre-teens who join the sports school system 899 never make it to the Olympics. Olympic Recruiting Methods in China Peter Hesseler wrote in the New Yorker: ŵhe method of early recruitment is a product of ChinaÃÔ inability to provide every public school with coaches and sports facilities. The system has proved effective in low-participation, routine-based sports like gymnastics and diving. Olympic historian David Wallechinsky told the Washington Post, ŵhey can mobilize their population of 1.3 billion people by reaching throughout the country and doing the German thing of looking for children of certain body types and going to their parents and getting them to send them to national training centers. In a typical city, every government district is asked to test and assess children from ages 8 to 13, and select candidates for sports schools. Children that show promise move on to bigger government training academies when they are teenagers. Doctors measure height, arm span, bone density, flexibility and other things to predict what a child will be like in the future. X-rays and bone tests are used to determine bone density and structure and predict future growth. Children demonstrating exceptional flexibility and balance are sent to gymnastics and diving camps. Tall children are sent to volleyball and basketball camps. Those with quick reflex are guided into ping pong. Kids with long arms are pushed into swimming or javelin throwing. Those with shorts arms make ideal weightlifters. Potential archers are picked on the basis of a test of steady nerves in which they are asked to spread their palm and stack as many .22 caliber bullets as they can on top of one another. Ideal candidates can stack eight or more bullets. Only those that can that can stack six or more are even looked at. Strong shoulders, superior vision and a cool demeanor are viewed as desirable attributes for archery. Chinese Athletes Who Were Recruited China-born, Los Angeles Times journalist Ni Ching Ching wrote: Ÿhen I was in the first grade, scouts from the Communist sports machinery came to our school to hunt for future champions. The event was diving. Never mind that I couldnÃÕ swim and had no desire to be an athlete, I was told I had the right proportions and good feet. Chosen from a field of thousands to train at a state sports school, I was supposed to be thrilled to serve my country. Liu Huana, a player from the countryside who earned a place on ChinaÃÔ national womenÃÔ soccer team, told the Washington Post, Ū had never heard of soccer until I was 13, when I moved to the county for my fifth-grade studies. One day people from the local athletic school came to our school to select new members. The teacher recommended me because I was the fastest runner in the class. I wore a skirt and sandal shoes that day, and I just took off my shoes and ran. Yao was sent to a full-time sports academy when he was 12. At that age he was already 6 foot, five inches. By measuring his knuckles sports officials predicted he would grow to 7 foot five inches and special attention was given to groom him to be a future star. Yao later said he didnÃÕ even like playing the game until he 18 or 19. Å®y parents would probably prefer for me to go to college and play basketball only as a hobby. To make sure he didnÃÕ skip practice his coach went to his house and accompanied him to practice everyday.
article is very big , but it gives some overview about how these olympic committees work.. they scout , pick the teens and ask them to train ( anywya they r not kidnapping the kids ) http://factsanddetails.com/china.php?itemid=1008&

I fail to understand your point. So training harder is bad. It is like studying harder to be successful is a sin. The coach actually doffs his hat at the commitment of the athletes. You talk about how far they are willing to win...how is that a bad thing? He says that athletes are chosen by him, they are paid and given every facility in the world. No where did he say he can force anyone to swim. A talented group of youngsters come and he chooses the best. then they are trained hard and the students follow every word without complain and then they win. I do not understand how si that child abuse when you are willing to do so.

In China, gold comes before mom’s illness Diver Wu Minxia Did Not Know Of Grandfather’s Death, Mother’s 8-Year Battle With Cancer

Beijing: The father of a champion Chinese diver has reportedly admitted hiding news that her mother had cancer to keep her focused on the Olympics, triggering criticism of China's ruthless pursuit of victory. Diver Wu Minxia, 26, scooped gold in the synchronised 3m springboard at London, becoming the first diver in history to win golds at three consecutive Games. Her parents had gone to extreme lengths to ensure their daughter's success, including concealing the news of her mother's eight-year battle with breast cancer from her, the Shanghai Daily reported on Monday. The family also kept news of Wu's grandparents' death from the diver, the report said. “Wu called us after her grandmother died, I gritted my teeth and told her, ‘Everything's fine, there aren't any problems’,” Wu's father Wu Jueming told the paper. Wu's parents found such lies were “essential” to ensure their daughter could keep focused on her training. “We never talk about family matters with our daughter,” the father said. Thousands of Chinese web users took to Sina Weibo — a Chinese microblog similar to Twitter — to condemn what they called the parents' “white lies” as an example of the harshness of China's governmentfunded sports system.“Apart from making people crazy, our Olympic strategy also makes people lose their humanity,” one user said. “Our national sports system is disgusting,” said another. The Shanghai Daily said Wu's parents rarely saw their daughter, keeping track of her activities by following her microblog account. They traveled to London, but did not meet thier daughter in person before her diving final, it said. “We've only sent our daughter one text message since we arrived in London, to tell here we we are safe, so she wouldn't worry,” Wu's father said. “She doesn't call us often because she's busy with training,” the father said.
ToI Just pathetic. No wonder they win so many medals - by the looks of things they would even kill someone for a friggin medal.

Dalai Lama once said' date=' "Indians are lazy, and must work hard like the Chinese". May not be true in other areas (or may be it is true..lol), but seems that Indians are lazy and lack a competitive culture in sports.[/quote'] Not again :mad:

article is very big , but it gives some overview about how these olympic committees work.. they scout , pick the teens and ask them to train ( anywya they r not kidnapping the kids ) http://factsanddetails.com/china.php?itemid=1008&
i read the article... again we are not debating the harshness of the training method but rather whether it is voluntary. What it seems is that they lure the athletes with money and the parents can turn them down. so blame the parents not the country...even the website mentions it many times. it is same as someone giving you a job offer..you will be paid but made to work very very hard. it is upto you to agree. you can always say no as the article points out. it is a matter of a different debate if we want to argue about whether the training is harsh or not.

I fail to understand your point. So training harder is bad. It is like studying harder to be successful is a sin. The coach actually doffs his hat at the commitment of the athletes. You talk about how far they are willing to win...how is that a bad thing? He says that athletes are chosen by him' date=' they are paid and given every facility in the world. No where did he say he can force anyone to swim. A talented group of youngsters come and he chooses the best. then they are trained hard and the students follow every word without complain and then they win. I do not understand how si that child abuse when you are willing to do so.[/quote'] i asked you to read the part that i bolded ( thats y i put it as BOLD ) :D self explanatory .. coach choosing whom to coach and not the other way around ::(( i dont have any issues if these players are willingly joins and trains harder, but the fact is they r picked for the sole reason of winning the GOLD i think u still didn't read abt how chinese olympic committee works .

Cannot believe people supporting this kind of training.... Kids picked younger than 3 based on parameters (is your wingspan bigger than your height - then swimming) etc, forced to attend a military style boot camp. No chance to quit, no chance to become pro unless approved by the govt etc.

i read the article... again we are not debating the harshness of the training method but rather whether it is voluntary. What it seems is that they lure the athletes with money and the parents can turn them down. so blame the parents not the country...even the website mentions it many times. it is same as someone giving you a job offer..you will be paid but made to work very very hard. it is upto you to agree. you can always say no as the article points out. it is a matter of a different debate if we want to argue about whether the training is harsh or not.
if the kids/teens are voluntarily joining the sports academies then there is no point for publishing that article .. point is these kids are recruited and they r forced directly or indirectly to join their academies and its no way related to the job offer , because when i got the job offer i ahve more than enough maturity to decide which is right and which is wrong.. and i got my first job offer at the age of 21 and not when i was 3 or 4 or 12 or 13 :--D anyway if you go thru the article properly , it will take more than 30 mins ( sublinks )

Cannot believe people supporting this kind of training.... Kids picked younger than 3 based on parameters (is your wingspan bigger than your height - then swimming) etc, forced to attend a military style boot camp. No chance to quit, no chance to become pro unless approved by the govt etc.
Brah, but that's voluntary by the kids parents living in open, just, democratic, having excellent human rights records country like Peoples Republic of China..

I dont care how they get selected. All I know is that 90% of them wont even make it and most of them would end up with injuries and scars of disappointment for which no one will console them. For all the hu-ha about Korea and China not abusing rights, yea the whole world knows what happens there. IMO kids should be encouraged to play sports and even compete at their levels if they wish to, but putting them in olympics and TV shows is just not right. What harm will it to do if these kids wait till they are 18-19 to complete ? I know im raising a different topic but I have never been able to understand why is it important for kids to compete vs the adults. As for why India is behind even NZ, well because they are developed countries with better infrastructure and good governance. In our country people who are successful wish to leave their country of birth so their kids can have a better life. Also, what do you think a clerk in a bank or an engg working at ONGC would expect his kids to do for a living, Gymnastics ? how can he survive in India doing that , who will take care of him if he gets injured ?