The sad story of an IT powerhouse called Bangalore

GautiMaan

Case in point: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/mumbai/Mumbai-police-to-wait-till-Eid-for-Azad-Maidan-rioters-arrest/articleshow/15521782.cms These sickulars are as much a threat to this nation as Mullahs and Jihadis. If not more.
Our effing cops are bloody useless. Was reading bout the Azad Maidan protests in Mumbai. The joke is that the cops apparently didn't estimate such a huge turnout and so security was lax. What dumbafu** intelligence we have. They can't even monitor the activity of 10's of thousands!!!

Maybe these are just rumours there have been too many incidents of moral policing and violence in Karnataka over the last few years
Yup you are right but most of these are restricted to mangalore which has always been a communally sensitive area.Though the bjp govt has been defending goondas like pramod muthalik and are responsible for increased attacks in karnataka

Bangalore going to the dogs. Why doesn't the BJP govt there show how its really done?
BJP is trying to take advantage of the situation . Apprently VHP guys where distributing breakfast and Lunch to the ones who where leaving for the Railway station . Mofu's are only good at targetting hindus . Dont understand how indians support either of these parties .

care to elaborate?.this article sounds like propaganda against bangalore to me' date='its very vague and i have no idea what it has to do with bangalore being a IT powerhouse.[/quote'] tbh pretty disappointed with some of the ICFR's . The rest of the country seem to really enjoy with any bad press B'lore gets .

tbh pretty disappointed with some of the ICFR's . The rest of the country seem to really enjoy with any bad press B'lore gets .
Yes. And this comes from you who was hinting at how it is fair to beat up N guys and not NE because the latter are "better". Sure why not :nice:

On the subject. Congratulations Bangalore you did it! Took you 15 years or so but you did it. Bravo. Way back in late 90s when I finished my TCS training at Trivandrum, we had the option of choosing a branch of our choice. Leaving aside the proximity to one's natural affinity to a place of his language/culture (read Delhi/ Calcutta/Chennai etc), the battle essentially came down to two cities - Bombay and Bangalore. One the economic powerhouse, the second and up and coming city promising to unsurp the former, and every other town. As so as the modern day IT grew in India it would be fascinating to see the two cities battle it out. Bombay with its infrastructure, headquarters of large companies, International Airports etc. Bangalore with lower cost of living, better IT infrastructure, more human resources. And yet most Bombay boys would scoff at growth of Bangalore,. Bombay had been here for a long time, and delivered. It was afterall Yeh hai Bambai meri jaan. Bangalore cringed. They wanted International Airports, cutting off red tapes, flyovers. But perhaps more than that they wanted acceptance. That they are as good, and better, than Bombay. Well the chewtiya in Bombay, read Shiv Sena-BJP-Congress combined, screwed up Bombay real good in 90s. Bangalore is now moving in the same direction now, it seems. Girls being hit by Muthaliks, NE getting kicked out etc. Bangalore congrats, you and Bombay are now at par. :hatsoff:

Why would there be any propaganda against Bangalore in TOI?
isnt it unfair to call out the entire city(whose native population is a small minority in its own city by the way) because one particular community is making threats against another because of something that happened thousands of kilometers away.Isnt this happening in other parts of the country? blame those who are instigating it. maybe thats too much for this "secular" media.

Its nothing like MNS-SHIVSENA.If anything Locals are doing their best to make sure people don't feel unsafe. Some random news of NE guys getting beaten up or threatened by Muslims and then rumors have created panic. Hasn't even been a single serious case registered. Associating Mangalore violence with this is .. wtf its a stupid article. They are not even connected.

Well the chewtiya in Bombay, read Shiv Sena-BJP-Congress combined, screwed up Bombay real good in 90s. Bangalore is now moving in the same direction now, it seems. Girls being hit by Muthaliks, NE getting kicked out etc.
Wtf does moral policing in mangalore has anything to do with Bangalore.Also the north east people are leaving because of some rumour msgs being spread,no one has been attacked.The local NGO's are doing there bit to help these people.North east people are also fleeing pune,Hyderabad and chennai but nobody seems to care about the people there.Is this because bjp govt is in rule in blore?

Yes. And this comes from you who was hinting at how it is fair to beat up N guys and not NE because the latter are "better". Sure why not :nice:
Conveniently you missed the smiley , eh ? I have lived in both the cities , Mumbai and Bangalore to know the actual situation . its not just the types of Raj Thakery or Vatal Nagraj (? ) who have spoiled the image , also the new influx is equally responsible . you can keep complaining , but the fact is Marathi's and Kannadigas are the most welcomming people in India , but unfortunately the ones who migrate ( especially the recent ones ) have turned out to be the ungreatful types . you live here , but wont think twice before bad mouthing the locals . why do you think people specifically disllike the ones from UP , Bihar , Delhi and Haryana ..not Gujjus , Marwaris , Punjabis , NE's or Bengalis ? I have seen people from NE harrased right in front of my eyes in Mumbai , guess by who ? Not the local Marathis .

am going OT - but to give and eg , this was just last week ..one guy in my company whos just moved into the city was giving Maa behn gaalis to this bus conductor .. apparently he cudnt reply to him in Hindi & this guy had to use sign language to make him understand ...seriously ? what do you expect , welcome these idiots with garlands ?

am going OT - but to give and eg ' date=' this was just last week ..one guy in my company whos just moved into the city was giving Maa behn gaalis to this bus conductor .. apparently he cudnt reply to him in Hindi & this guy had to use sign language to make him understand ...seriously ? what do you expect , welcome these idiots with garlands ?[/quote'] Isolated examples doesnt mean that its prevalent everywhere. I have seen plenty of cases of racism by local kannadigas towards North easterners (yes the same chinky 5h1t), africans have it even worse. Every now and then conductors do abuse north Indian labourers when they arent able to talk in Kannada. In my previous office, a group of cab drivers once ganged up and beat up a gurkha security guard who asked them not to park at a place. Yet, by and large Bangalore is very peaceful and welcoming towards immigrants. Of course there will be idiots and isolated incidents of friction between people who come from vastly different cultures. Letting outsiders in their city isnt some favor that locals do to immigrants that they should expect deference in return. People are there because of demand for labour. Techies are there because there is demand in the IT industry, Laborers are there because they work longer hours for the same cost and cause very few labour problems compared to locals. If there are unfriendly conditions for immigrants and the flow stops, it will hurt growth and indirectly affect locals.

Mangalore's stray incidents (hundutva group link) is being unnecessarily dragged into this issue by congress journalists and others. This is definitely a rumor linked to the assam riots and hence triggered as a backlash by muslims, read muslims. How is this issue linked to whatever happened in Mangalore or the outsiders treatment in Banaglore? The immigrant problem is a regional/langauage conflict not a communal as is happening now. Everything clubbed together as one big issue. Never before has this type of problem been faced in the country.