Munaf ahead of Agarkar????

munaf sucks as a fielder big time.. agarkar is 100 times better in fielding.. but in bowling may be we should take him in 2nd odi.. chakkar fir bhi wohi rahna hai apni ghatiya batting ka, tab bhi lene mein harz nahi koi translation - still our batting remainz the problem, but no harm in taking munaf.. wat u all say??

Munaf has the natural talent to become a great bowler, so I don't know why all of you are hating on him. He has by far, been teh most consistent ODI bowler we've had this past season. Yes he's been a bit dogged by injuries, but so have a lot of other great players...I think its good that he's gotten this little jolt early on in his career so he makes a concerted effort to work on his fitness levels and strengthen his core muscles to avoid further injuries. Munaf by far is the future, Aggy is i'm afraid the past. I think with the WC 4 years away we might as well start developing the next batch of players. Munaf certainly falls into that category, if he wants he can generate immense pace -- and has a good head on his shoulders. Lets not forget his accomplishments.

Cricajar, Munaf Patel does not give 100% to the game. Whether it is bowling or fielding - fielding speaks volumes abt players attitudes. It is not a 'potential talent' issue, MP has loads of talent. But very poor attitude and commitment. But as a replacement for AA - sure go ahead. As someone said above, "anyone over AA"

I don't think munaf has a lack of heart...i think he's had a lot of bad luck and has been much maligned not even by teh media but by BCCI over the whole SA ordeal, I honestly think he just wanted to play -- sometimes those niggling injuries can be very limiting. As for his fielding -- he's not agile, nor is Monty -- but people love Monty. I mean that's a pretty piss poor reason to leave someone of the team -- or even to assume that he has a bad attitude. In the end it all comes down to performances -- so lets see who performs and who doesn't. Even Aggy gets a bad rep -- he's been surprisingly good this past year/year and a half. What gets Aggy is his lack of consistency. And his nerves. I really hope Prasad can do something special...b/c our bowling unit needs to put itself back togethter -- pretty dumb move to exclude sree b/c with him at least we would have had another option...and he has a large role to play we should keep him so he can grow into ODIs