Tendulkar and Zaheer retirement discussion [Poll added]

Tendulkar and Zaheer retirement discussion [Poll added]  

1. 1.

Also makes one appreciate the way Dravid retired. Tendulkar is in danger of being remembered as an ageing failing batsman who did not know when to quit rather than for his long and productive career. Shame
Dravid got bowled 6 out of 8 innings or whatever for the so called wall. I'm not so sure I call that the right time to retire. P.S Not implying that Sachin shouldn't retire now.
I think India's chances against England look dim. If India manage to lose that series' date=' this thread will be put on an end. Dhoni is a "bad" test captain. He is better in tests in India against average oppositions.[/quote'] Pak beat England. No reason why we cannot beat those FTB (Fast track bullies) :hatsoff:

Sachin Tendulkar Scoring Runs will only Compound the Problem Him notching up a 75 against losers like Anderson or Broad or Bresnan or Swann is going to accomplish precious little. In fact, it's just going to delay the inevitable - can you honestly envision him surviving against Steyn/Morkel/Philander/Kallis a year and a half from now, irrespective of a potential bunch of runs against the pansies of world cricket - England? Fans will get more deluded than they are, not the least Sanjay 'Parrot' Manjrekar - "OMG we have to take the man to South Africa", "He will come back strong against the Kiwis", "and five tests in England after that", Then "I cannot imagine the Indian side surviving in Australia without the 44 year old Tendulkar", "World Cup needs Sachin", "dropping him would be a cardinal offence", "Let him retire on his own terms". f(u)ck, are you f(u)cking kidding me? Who the f(u)ck are the selectors at this point of time? Isn't it in that ugly transition phase now, between one bunch of muppets to the next? What are the names of the new ones? Do they have the balls to drop the guy? He's 39 years old. Has nobody seen what became of Javed Miandad or Sanath Jayasuriya countless other selfish sub-continental freaks towards the end of their careers? Why not do them a favour and drop them, a la Steve Waugh or Ricky Ponting or even Kevin Pietersen? The sooner they face up to the facts, the better. The guy is not going to walk away, if anybody is that hopeful. Unlike Dravid or Laxman, he doesn't have a clue on what things will be like once he exits the sport, so he'll stay on and on until his average plummets (already declined to early 55/late 54) and the team starts slipping to 80/4 scenarios more often. It's a bit like staying in bed in the mornings. You know the clock is ticking and you need to get going, but you've been under that comfy, warm blanket eight hours long, why not spend some more time in there, instead of going to a wretched place and sigh, work? Of course, we fans at the back of our heads know that it's too much to ask from these conservative Indian selectorial types all said and done - they can't sprout a couple of testicles to even eject him from the ODI side, dropping him altogether would be akin to staging an Apollo 11 thrust-off for them retards.

the same losers beat us 4-0 in last series. Don't start premature ejaculation
The same losers couldn't win a series for us for a decade and a half, either home or away. The same losers couldn't get the only thing they desired - the Ashes - 19 times out of 20. Then winning a couple of games last year is just an extrapolation of the fact that every dog has it's day.
Pakistan had Ajmal. Look at our bowlers. Openers look sorted out. No. 4 is past it. No. 6 is not a test player. Does not inspire confidence
We have Ashwin and Ojha. Pak openers were no better than what we have. Rest of the batting isn't that poor compared to Pakis so yeah I will be surprised if we don't beat England at home.
Disagree. SA is one of the hardest places to tour - just check India's record there. Throwing a young player in there just because an old man does not when to retire is just :facepalm:
Yet Sehwag made his Debut there and got a 100 .. and see where that has placed Sehwag today ... I wouldn't mind we unearthing another Sehwag in SAF 2013 B->
Been hearing that for a decade now.
Been in denial for last two years too. I think he should have retired from ODIs. Fact tat he didn't after WC just shows the extent Sachin's own state of denial of his age and the youngsters he is blocking. It is tough tough thing o leave the limelight ESP if you have been the darling of the nation or so long. But this where the intellect has to override the emotion. Sachin has messed it up big time.
I could see the frustration on his face. I can imagine him beating the crap out of English bowlers. He is going to take out all his frustration on them. :pray: Actually, my legs started shivering seeing this face of SRT for first time and I wasn't even at square leg.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

I think he wants to retire on a high- hit 2-3 centuries win a big series (maybe Australia). his best chance was after world cup - he had a great tour of SA and it would have been a good place to leave. But i think the prospect of winning in Australia lured him to play on and after that it has been a disaster in terms of his run of form.