Tendulkar and Zaheer retirement discussion [Poll added]

Tendulkar and Zaheer retirement discussion [Poll added]  

1. 1.

Some say bad form, some say lack of match practice and rustiness, but it is no coincidence. This is going on now for last 16 months. It is not that he did not play good innings in between. He did so we cannot say he is in bad form. He scored 100 in Asia cup too. He has been a great batsman, but but now he is just scrapping. He will play good innings here and there but few and far between, will be like this. I wont be surprised if he plays one good inning against England or even a 100, but that will be comprised with failures all around.

I am not having a go at anyone. Just sad at these kind of dismissals.
Well, if you are serious then so am I. Especially in the last 2 innings -getting bowled after the bullet drive and right after when I thought he was back in the 2nd innings, was looking brilliant with those cover drives.
Well' date=' if you are serious then so am I. Especially in the last 2 innings -getting bowled after the bullet drive and right after when I thought he was back in the 2nd innings, was looking brilliant with those cover drives.[/quote'] im seeing ap teern he is doing well against balls out side of stump but getting over balanced (hence the falling thing ) against full balls ... so definitely predetermining the shots a bit..tht can be jsut bad form or simply slow reaction time that brilliant balance is gone :sad:
im seeing ap teern he is doing well against balls out side of stump but getting over balanced (hence the falling thing ) against full balls ... so definitely predetermining the shots a bit..tht can be jsut bad form or simply slow reaction time that brilliant balance is gone :sad:
And missing a lot of balls coming down the leg side. The Tendulkar I know would have handled them like a hot knife on a butter.
And missing a lot of balls coming down the leg side. The Tendulkar I know would have handled them like a hot knife on a butter.
its all about balance.. like i said he is good outside off stump but thts cos he is premeditating so when it comes in bat comes in angle and he falls over and it never touches the ball!

It's been the same story for him since the past 1 year. He has never looked out of sorts but is not able to convert his starts into big scores and then he gets bogged down which leads to his eventual downfall. The second wind of Sachin,post 2007, saw him again playing all kinds of breath taking shots. Maybe, just maybe, if he cuts down on a few again, like he did in Sydney or Multan and play more patiently, we may again see him scoring runs.

It's been the same story for him since the past 1 year. He has never looked out of sorts but is not able to convert his starts into big scores and then he gets bogged down which leads to his eventual downfall. The second wind of Sachin,post 2007, saw him again playing all kinds of breath taking shots. Maybe, just maybe, if he cuts down on a few again, like he did in Sydney or Multan and play more patiently, we may again see him scoring runs.
there is nothing to cut down.. in sydney he left everything outside of stump (its not the problem here ) its the straight balls which he is missing ball didnt do anything on 2 occasions.. and in first match it was a ball to get test batsman out like that also he is already is able to touch handful of balls with his bat and score these 20-30 runs its diff from australia then he looked good over here he looks pathetic
there is nothing to cut down.. in sydney he left everything outside of stump (its not the problem here ) its the straight balls which he is missing ball didnt do anything on 2 occasions.. and in first match it was a ball to get test batsman out like that also he is already is able to touch handful of balls with his bat and score these 20-30 runs its diff from australia then he looked good over here he looks pathetic
I did not mean that he cuts down on shots. I meant, maybe he should look to be a lot tighter. Sachin in prime can flick balls from middle stump. But, he is not is that kinda form, but his instincts still derive him into playing those shots. Better off, he should look to play a more percentage game.
I did not mean that he cuts down on shots. I meant' date=' maybe he should look to be a lot tighter. Sachin in prime can flick balls from middle stump. But, he is not is that kinda form, but his instincts still derive him into playing those shots. Better off, he should look to play a more percentage game.[/quote'] he isnt playing any risky shots..these balls he missed it was just lack of balance let england come they will expose him even more he is done..and there is nothing worng with it u have to retire sometime... i dont know why he is even still playing..is not helping team.. ha no real future u can say he can guide youngsters but should have seen pujara and tendulkar bat together
he isnt playing any risky shots..these balls he missed it was just lack of balance let england come they will expose him even more he is done..and there is nothing worng with it u have to retire sometime... i dont know why he is even still playing..is not helping team.. ha no real future u can say he can guide youngsters but should have seen pujara and tendulkar bat together
Dude, playing across the line is in itself a risky shot. and when you are struggling for balance or form, it becomes all the more riskier. I am not sure of what would happen if England come and he is in the team but really if you feel that youngsters would not be guided by his presence, then don't know what to say.