Tendulkar and Zaheer retirement discussion [Poll added]

Tendulkar and Zaheer retirement discussion [Poll added]  

1. 1.

a cricket fan? he wont retire cos i think so but i can have a opinion no?
If that's the logic' date=' we better shut down ICF then. Most of us have not played international cricket so we have no right to comment on any cricketer whatsoever.[/quote'] The essence here is not whether you (or anybody else) can have an opinion or not, but the validity of it. I see people from both sides of the argument writing all sorts of things in support of their point and it drives me mad. First of all, the Master will know when it is time. I think it is fair to say that, after 23 years of service to his country, he has earned that right. Secondly, you can take me at my word that if he thought he couldnt score runs for India at the international level, he would have already bid adieu by now. He obviously still believes he can, which is why he's still playing. Guess what - Given the fact his name is Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar, I think I will just take at him at his word.
The essence here is not whether you (or anybody else) can have an opinion or not, but the validity of it. I see people from both sides of the argument writing all sorts of things in support of their point and it drives me mad. First of all, the Master will know when it is time. I think it is fair to say that, after 23 years of service to his country, he has earned that right. Secondly, you can take me at my word that if he thought he couldnt score runs for India at the international level, he would have already bid adieu by now. He obviously still believes he can, which is why he's still playing. Guess what - Given the fact his name is Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar, I think I will just take at him at his word.
And after watch him play 23 years, I have a right to talk about it. :winky2: It is always good to look at different perspectives and I as a fan can have different perspective. Tendulkar can not be 100% accurate, he will be more accurate than I am but still not 100%. The tricky part is that we do not know when he is and when he isn't unless it is over. You choose to believe Tendulkar and so do I want to as well but currently the clock is ticking. You do not get the essence of the argument. If pedigree is the only factor to settle an argument; you, me and other coffee table experts should never critique any cricketer. You can not limit that to a certain Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar. Every player out there have scored more runs or taken more wickets at a level than we may have not even got close to playing.
The essence here is not whether you (or anybody else) can have an opinion or not, but the validity of it. I see people from both sides of the argument writing all sorts of things in support of their point and it drives me mad. First of all, the Master will know when it is time. I think it is fair to say that, after 23 years of service to his country, he has earned that right. Secondly, you can take me at my word that if he thought he couldnt score runs for India at the international level, he would have already bid adieu by now. He obviously still believes he can, which is why he's still playing. Guess what - Given the fact his name is Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar, I think I will just take at him at his word.
no he wont decide..selectors will and should look at ponting...thts how it should work and its not service its playing in team top 11 players at time should play if tendulkar isnt now then he should step aside for 23 years of service and dedication respect him, admire him dont give him free run for next 23 years..hope i made my point ,,he is such a good example how u can be best with hard work and also about work ethic but its international team sport its not about him..if new guys can come in and score then he should step aside
Your argument is flawed :nervous:

i dunno...you need some pretty big balls to write off sachin tendulkar. last time i did that was after the 07 world cup. thought he was finished. and then he just jizzed buckets of runs on the faces of his critics for the next 4 years, scored almost 20 test hundreds. so yeah, i am a little wary. won't say anything, lets see what happens

Tendulkar batted against Railways with food poisoning http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/590346.html

He batted against Railways with food poisoning, and the Mumbai coach says he faced 300 balls an hour in the nets. That second fact is quite something. In a match situation you get at best 90 balls an hour, of which you might face 50. It will always be quicker in the nets because every bowler is at the top of his mark waiting for the one before him to deliver, but to play five balls a minute for 60 minutes means Tendulkar is on to something. He won't want to go quietly; that's not him.
:hatsoff:

We need to talk about Sachin … again http://www.wisdenindia.com/cricket-blog/talk-sachin/34703?single_col_view=true

Has he lost interest? I don’t believe that to be the case – his passion for the game is not suspect. So have his reflexes slowed down? Maybe. Playing against Railways in Mumbai’s Ranji Trophy opener, Tendulkar proved three things during his 137-run knock. One, that his hunger for runs hasn’t subsided. Two, that he can still dominate the bowling. And three, that he is fit. What he hasn’t proved yet, though, is whether he can do against Anderson, Bresnan, Broad or Finn and Swann what he could against Krishnakant Upadhyay, Hardik Rathod, Anureet Singh and Murali Kartik. He certainly couldn’t against Boult, Bracewell and Southee, and this English attack is yards ahead of that New Zealand one.

England in India 2012-13 Zaheer, Tendulkar tune up at preparatory camp Abhishek Purohit in Mumbai November 10, 2012 151614.jpg

Zaheer Khan exuded purpose and found his rhythm, Sachin Tendulkar's back-foot punch made regular appearances and the India squad seemingly had a fairly satisfactory five hours of practice on day two of their three-day preparatory camp in Mumbai ahead of the England Test series. While the players had practised for a little more than an hour on Friday, today was their first proper workout as a Test side in the nine weeks since the New Zealand series. Again, like on day one of the camp, all eyes were on Zaheer. Whatever he does on the field is closely scrutinised, such has been his tendency to break down, combined with his importance to India's Test side. Over the years, Zaheer has missed or pulled out during several big series due to injury. He had pulled up sore during Mumbai's Ranji Trophy opener against Railways last week. On Friday, Zaheer had spent the majority of his time on the massage table. He eventually did bowl for a while but was clearly not extending himself. These days, it takes him an eternity to warm up. There is a pronounced cautiousness to his stretches and squats as if he is worried when something might snap somewhere in his body. Today, though, with the ball in hand he looked a different man. He started with a few gentle ones before increasing the speed of both his run-up and his deliveries. His focus seemed to be on targeting the angle across the right-hand batsmen. Though he was not unplayable, he tested the batsmen. What was good to see was that he remained intense throughout his spell - and it wasn't a short one. Zaheer bowled for about forty minutes in the first session, and again for a similar period of time after the lunch interval. Another key player who had been tentative on Friday, Tendulkar, also looked a different man today. He faced the three India fast bowlers - Zaheer, Ishant Sharma and Umesh Yadav - with control, and without too many problems. The leaves were confident, the straight pushes were firm and, soon, the trademark back-foot punches appeared. He stood on his toes to send a rising Ishant delivery through extra cover. He pressed far forward to drive him down the ground. When Ishant moved one in close to off stump, Tendulkar left it safely and nodded towards the bowler in appreciation. Unlike yesterday when they had batted in the nets, the batsmen played today against proper fields. Virender Sehwag and Gautam Gambhir started off, followed by Cheteshwar Pujara and Tendulkar, Virat Kohli and Yuvraj Singh, and Ajinkya Rahane and MS Dhoni. M Vijay, the reserve opener, batted along with the bowlers, who were out in full strength today with Harbhajan Singh joining the squad. Harbhajan came out in the second session, and after a lengthy fielding drill that included slip catching, and bowled to his fellow bowlers. Abhishek Purohit is an editorial assistant at ESPNcricinfo Feeds: Abhishek Purohit Ž© ESPN EMEA Ltd.